Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Should Have Updated the TennoCon Page with Ticket Sales Time After Announcement

Dragoon

Quick little blurb to the developers here: I don't like Twitter, and since becoming 'X' it's gotten even worse in places. Putting out sales times on twitter less than an hour before they drop is crazy when you've had a web page developed for months showing a countdown and information on your convention. I wanted to be able to try for a VIP experience this time around, because frankly the collector's edition last year was a lot of waiting while the VIPs got to enjoy everything for an hour beforehand without the crowd. An hour is a long time to even look over setups, not to mention the early merch access.

I wanted to try this year and no time was given. I thought for sure there would be a news post, or forum post, or something come the update the day before, but nothing. And when I checked just minutes after 9 my time, I see things are already sold out, after checking the previous hour. Turns out I should have checked twitter, because that's where the announcement happened, less than an hour before it dropped.

You had the sales time posted in advance last year. I play your game. I check your website, and your forums. I shouldn't need to go to a silly social media site to get a time when you have more than enough spaces to place it. This was sad.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Always room for improvement on how DE puts information out, but there were news posts about it last week.

https://www.warframe.com/news/tennocon-2024-digital-pack

https://www.warframe.com/news/pax-east-highlights

On neither of those posts is the actual time tickets go on sale stated. That's what I'm talking about, since people are going to try for the best tickets available and they'll be there the minute of. I know they went on sale today, but not the actual time to be ready, so I was just refreshing and checking constantly, because it didn't occur to me that they wouldn't put out the times on their own website in advance, rather than just a post on twitter at 8:08 CST (my time zone), less than an hour before they go on sale.

1 minute ago, Dragoon said:

On neither of those posts is the actual time tickets go on sale stated. That's what I'm talking about, since people are going to try for the best tickets available and they'll be there the minute of. I know they went on sale today, but not the actual time to be ready, so I was just refreshing and checking constantly, because it didn't occur to me that they wouldn't put out the times on their own website in advance, rather than just a post on twitter at 8:08 CST (my time zone), less than an hour before they go on sale.

Oh, got it.  Since there is apparently way more demand for them than supply, I wonder if it's intentional that they don't put out a time until an hour beforehand.

I did get an email about it at about 20 minutes before they went on sale.

1 minute ago, Tiltskillet said:

Oh, got it.  Since there is apparently way more demand for them than supply, I wonder if it's intentional that they don't put out a time until an hour beforehand.

I did get an email about it at about 20 minutes before they went on sale.

Ironically, I would have been fine with that. Any warning in advance. Guess when I got my email that tickets were 'available now'? 9:57 AM, almost an hour afterwards. In fact, almost the minute I replied to you the first time lol. It's just pretty sad. Posted on the website in advance like they did in years prior would have saved all that. I went to the 10 year anniversary in person on a collector ticket because it was the first in-person tennocon in years and the 10 year celebration besides, but I told myself I wasn't going unless I could snag a VIP this year because the waiting was just too much.

They announced the time of the ticket sales during the Devstream at the end of Feb. A more pressing issue is that it wouldn't have mattered if you'd known as the tickets weren't purchasable through the Warframe website until 4mins after 11am EST and by that point all of the people with insider knowledge of the actual portal being Eventbrite had bought tickets already and they were sold out.

DE needs to do better. I've never been more disappointed that I was up early waiting for ticket launch on the website and they were delayed. Then to find out other people had access to ticket sales before they were available on their own website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avernal said:

They announced the time of the ticket sales during the Devstream at the end of Feb

And didn't consider that knowledge important enough to highlight, or even mention in text for those looking for information afterwards, in their overviews or anything else. Sorry, not good enough, especially with the mentioned ticket issues.

7 minutes ago, Dragoon said:
1 hour ago, Avernal said:

They announced the time of the ticket sales during the Devstream at the end of Feb

And didn't consider that knowledge important enough to highlight, or even mention in text for those looking for information afterwards, in their overviews or anything else. Sorry, not good enough, especially with the mentioned ticket issues.

The time is the overview for that stream. https://www.warframe.com/news/header-devstream-177-overview

But I agree with  you that it's easy to think of ways that this could have been handled better.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

The time is the overview for that stream. https://www.warframe.com/news/header-devstream-177-overview

But I agree with  you that it's easy to think of ways that this could have been handled better.

You know what, finally, after searching Google and all the other new articles and overviews, yes, that one header is indeed the time tickets went on sale, in advance like I asked for. So yup, the information was out there...just very limited, not at all intuitive, and not even updated on the Tennocon-dedicated webpage after the fact like it should have been.

So yes, I'll take the L on that and apologize for saying otherwise, but I'll second your last phrase and add that there was no reason it shouldn't have been in more places, like the Tennocon page they direct every inquiry towards when searching for information.

• Dragoon changed the title to You Should Have Updated the TennoCon Page with Ticket Sales Time After Announcement
9 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

So yup, the information was out there...just very limited, not at all intuitive, and not even updated on the Tennocon-dedicated webpage after the fact like it should have been.

Yeah, there was no way I would have found it there if Avernal hadn't said it was mentioned in that specific devstream.  If they'd just said "a devstream" I would have assumed the last one, not one from February.

• Like 1

All good, guys - completely understandable sentiment and I agree it could have been handled better. Still feeling done dirty a bit that nobody on the official Warframe site at the advertised time had even a chance at getting anything other than Collector or GA.

Edited by Avernal