Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Decorations that emit light

With the new lighting changes in the orbiter with the Dante unbound update, there are some parts that are really dark, but that could be fixed if the decorations that emit "light" actually emit real room lighting. This should be possible, because you have been able to create a cool new lighting engine. Make the orbiter bright again!

It is impossible to give this action to the player because the emission of light in a three-dimensional environment is carried out by light spots with ray traces.

In short, this can drastically affect game performance within orbiter, making it impossible for the player to enter the game or reversing the problem.

Maybe the DE will think about limiting the availability of this decoration, but I would maintain the rule that game performance control should be restricted to devs only.

Edited by Famecans

I was disappointed to buy a decoration literally called "Spotlight (Ostron)" only to discover that it did not, in fact, provide any light whatsoever. So that was a waste of platinum. :/ If it was, like, a console screen or fireflies or something, I'd understand, but... it's in the name... it has one job...!