Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Can I Have The Brakk.

LascarCapable

Question

13 answers to this question

It was an event-exclusive reward for participating in the Gradivus Dilemma, as the winning faction was Grineer. If players supported the Grineer during the event, they got the Brakk already built and with an Orokin Catalyst. Corpus supporters got a Brakk blueprint.

As with other event-exclusive weapons like the Snipetron Vandal and the Strun Wraith, it will never be available again.

Don't be disappointed, I'm sure there will be new releases that are better than brakk :)

I doubt it! He's just trying to make you feel better. 

... Just kidding! He's right, though. There'll be better in time, and there are a lot of good weapons out there as well. Try the Dual Vipers, if you're looking for a good side arm. The sheer rate of fire is overwhelming, and with the right mods, it is pretty potent. Won't last very long, though. But it's rock-solid. If you know what I mean. ;)

LoL, if you get a clan, invite him to a Dojo match and drop this on him: Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, Gunslinger, and a bunch of elemental mods. One good thing about the new system is that elemental damage takes into consideration your total physical damage.

Edited by Calayne

I doubt it! He's just trying to make you feel better. 

... Just kidding! He's right, though. There'll be better in time, and there are a lot of good weapons out there as well. Try the Dual Vipers, if you're looking for a good side arm. The sheer rate of fire is overwhelming, and with the right mods, it is pretty potent. Won't last very long, though. But it's rock-solid. If you know what I mean. ;)

LoL, if you get a clan, invite him to a Dojo match and drop this on him: Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, Gunslinger, and a bunch of elemental mods. One good thing about the new system is that elemental damage takes into consideration your total physical damage.

Is the Cestra as worthwhile as the Dual Vipers are ?

I woud like to use a Latron Prime as primary by the way, so it would be better if my two weapons acts as complement of each other. Both does puncture damage, so I will just make my Latron shooting blast damage and my Cestra using Mag damage (it already procs radioactive effect).

I have not tried the Cestra, but I do have the Dual Vipers. They're monstrous. You just point it at someone's head at close range, hold the trigger and blow their stupid face into the void. The little shreds that emanate from their bloody corpses is the hope and dreams of a shattered soul. 

I think the Vipers were impact though! Should be 9-ish damage Impact, excluding the others.

But either way, your build sounds alright! :O   Just by theory, Latron is a slow primary with good accuracy, while Cestra is a short/medium range weapon, with high fire rate. You'll do alright, against the Corpus and Grineer! Latron won't do very well against Infested, though, nor will the Cestra, I think, since it's also Puncture and Mag is not very strong against the Infested.

I would strongly recommend the Twin Gremlins as a sidearm to complement your Latron Prime so you have strong CQB capabilities as well.

Its 30 base damage is evenly distributed across impact, puncture and slash damage which makes it very versatile for modding depending on what faction you're up against, and it doesn't completely suck against anyone either.

I should have a melee weapon for them. But anyway, I'm quite accurate when I'm shooting things. If my latron is well modded I think I would be able to handle that. Buf if I realise that I can't I will just switch elements from my cestra, Or the Cestra itself eventually, just to deal with them.

Dual Vipers should be handly, but I still have to craft them.

Are the Afuris alright ? I remember getting a furis blueprint with daily rewards some days ago. Maybe if they can handle things I would have a 3rd secondary to use with the Dual Vipers.

And about the Dual Gremlins, are they in the shop ? I don't remember seeing them in.

Edited by Einde

Twin Gremlins' blueprints are found on Phobos! Beat Leck Krill and Vor to get it! That was actually next on my to-get list, but it's quite a walk there. Fires bolts, similar to Akboltos, but it's full-auto! And it's damage, as Tulz pointed out, is very balanced. I just love that kind of stuff.

The Afuris has lower DPS due to its lower damage and fire rate, I think. I'm not sure how the Update has affected it, but it's got a larger clip, though it takes longer to reload. Man, I needa try that Cestra!

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Twin_Gremlins

Edit: Seems that Furis is now a primarily puncture weapon!

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Afuris

At three seconds to empty a clip, it's a pretty fierce of a weapon. Looks like:

Furis/Cestra is now used to combat Grineer

Vipers are better off against Corpus, and to a limited extent, Infested.

Cestra has better ammo economy than Furis in that respect, though.

Edited by Calayne

The Cestra is basically a pocket Supra. It deals 25 damages (most puncture, no slash damages), it has a spin-up time and a really big recoil while shooting at full speed.

I should advise you to put in it a rate of fire mod to deal with the spin up time (lethal torrent anyone ?). I'm not sure if I should really put sure hands in the gun to deal with the recoil since it's a mod slot less.

Edited by Einde

At close range, I don't think it's worth the mod. For myself, whenever it's at that distance, guessing the general direction of your enemy with some fast hand-eye coordination will be quite sufficient. Most of these guns have horrible accuracy anyways, making long-to-medium spraying not a viable choice. However, I use it as a close quarter weapon, so I usually don't have to worry about that! 

If you do want to hit medium range, just tapping the button will do, and the recoil will be negligible.