Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why doesn't Gara's augment for her 4 scale?

MedicalArugula

So I've been recently revisited and rebuild some build I've had and one build I've redid is my Gara and I wanted to mess with the potential synergy with splinter storm and it's augment and MV and it's augment, come to find out the the augment for MV doesn't have scaling with MV nor splinter storm 0, zilch, nata,  wtf?

Dear DE please add a small addition to MV's augment being that it scales 50% of splinter storms active ability scaling, that's it❤️ 

For example if I have 100k splinter storm stacks then the augment for her 4 would only get 50% of that.

Edited by MedicalArugula

Her 1 augment is already really good as is, the thing is it doesn't scale because the damage only scales when you cast on your self afaik, so it applies her 2 as if you cast it on the ENEMY to anybody hit by the glass detonation which doesn't scale but does apply a damage vulnerability but can be refreshed by her 4.

• Like 1

I made the same mistake and assumed it scaled as well.

Yes, it does scale; but, not in the way you'd expect.

It doesn't spread your stored damage on shatter, but it does spread the enemy targeted version of splinter storm...more specifically its damage vulnerability debuff.

It turns her 4 into a more consistent version of Rage from Equinox, which can be scaled with strength.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MedicalArugula said:

Guess I remember wrong I thought it was for her 4 not her, my opinion still stands I want it to scale damage by at least 50% of splinter storm stacks 😅

Why should it get damage from ability it has no interaction with?

Splinter Storm (2) gets a scaling damage from Shattering her 4 (MV) with your 1 (lash). The augment does something when you shatter her 4 with your 1. It has no interaction with her 2 whatsoever. 

Also that would make her absolutely busted, because it would quadruple dip to infinity. You MV shatter damage comes from Power STR (twice, because it affects both base damage of yoiur stat stick as well as base damage of MV explosion), damage on your stat stick and combo. It is stored in 2. Then it affects another shatter and is stored again. And again.

With simple math. Lets say your initial MV shatter damage is 1. You do it once and your Splinter Storm stores 50% of the damage so 0,5. You do it second time it does 1.25 damage (1 + 50% of stored 0,5) and stores another 0.625 resulting in 1.125 stored.  That makes for 25% increase. You do it third time and you do 1,5625 damage (and half of it gets stored again). another 25% increase. Basically every time you do explosion your damage increases by 25% (compared to previous time). To infinity.

Edited by Zakkhar

If you mean the one that puts Splinters on enemies hut when you shatter her 4. I honestly couldn’t tell you if the damage scaled (you’d have to clump the enemies up to even get hits). 

Mostly it gives them damage vulnerability, so you’re getting a variant of Nezha 2, Nova 4, Caliban 2, Sevagoth 1a or 3b, etc