Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Duplicate Change

JaTheDemon

As you may or may not know, Melee duplicate had recently became a high value legendary arcane in the market for a while now. After using melee duplicate for a while now its been really useful for many mission I've done. Although one thing has been bugging me about this "rare" arcane, Why does the affect only apply to base crit (yellow)? I feel like the arcane, that is suppose to help the user, make it hard to use since it only affect yellow crits. I think melee duplicate should affect orange and red crit also, especially for the fact its a "legendary" arcane. Lots of melee builds that build on crit easily go past the 100% threshold for yellow crits especially with blood rush. Melee Duplicate could be more useful and viable if it wasn't limited to yellow crits. 

• Like 1

Adding base mutlishot (multi-hit?) to all melees would be massive powercreep as well as best in slot now and for the foreseeable future. Keeping it at yellow crits is powerful but niche.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaTheDemon said:

Lots of melee builds that build on crit easily go past the 100% threshold for yellow crits especially with blood rush. Melee Duplicate could be more useful and viable if it wasn't limited to yellow crits. 

You can totally go over 100% and still use Duplicate. Actually damagewise it is better to be just over 100% than just under 100%

eg. with 80% cc you yellow crit 80% of time and white hit 20% of time, while duplicate procs 80% of time

with 120% cc you yellow crit 80% of time but 20% of time you orange crit, while duplicate still procs 80% of time on the same yellow crits. You do more damage on average by the margin of 20% orange crits vs 20% white hits.

You can use deranked Blood Rush to reach to 100% sweet spot.

Edited by Zakkhar