Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading just doesn't feel the same

I enabled the cross save due to being forced to which to be honest I find ridiculous, but not the point of this. This is a bit of a rant because its just a lot from my experience collecting prime stuff to try and sell or even get a reply.

I have always been on xbox and I remember being able to ask for 'pc [insert item]' aka price check and I'd get a few replies. Now I get none, bit disheartening but I still tried.

I go to warframe market for price checks then see people selling for ridiculously lower than that price. An example being a Khora systems for 2plat when I remember maybe a fish being 1-2plat. I'm so confused if the prices have gone out the window? Or if this is the combination of different system prices caused this weirdness.

I don't get any messages either I could constantly put my message out there and no reply. To top it off the chat because of how many people there are I can't keep up at all. It goes so fast that I'm already at the top trying to read them or check if I have it while messages are disappearing. I understand the privilege of this but at the same time this feels like it took a hit to the fun aspect of trading. It seems like a job to wait and wait for nothing. I tried turning off crossplay to only get xbox and there are 2 others in trade chat, if that. 

I just want to bring these up I hope this is the correct topic for this. I am mainly curious if this is just how I see the trading, if there is something I'm missing or if I'm not alone with this.

Edited by Empress.Zuro
47 minutes ago, Empress.Zuro said:

I go to warframe market for price checks then see people selling for ridiculously lower than that price. An example being a Khora systems for 2plat when I remember maybe a fish being 1-2plat. I'm so confused if the prices have gone out the window? Or if this is the combination of different system prices caused this weirdness.

Khorra's currently the oldest available prime that hasn't been vaulted yet, and her systems is a common part.

That's basically the absolute lowest possible position a prime part can be in for value. So of course it's worthless.

47 minutes ago, Empress.Zuro said:

To top it off the chat because of how many people there are I can't keep up at all. It goes so fast that I'm already at the top trying to read them or check if I have it while messages are disappearing.

The trick to dealing with this is utilizing chat filters.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

Khorra's currently the oldest available prime that hasn't been vaulted yet, and her systems is a common part.

That's basically the absolute lowest possible position a prime part can be in for value. So of course it's worthless.

The trick to dealing with this is utilizing chat filters.

Didn't register Khora hasn't been vaulted so that makes 100% sense to me. But filters? I'm unfamiliar. Most of the time I think of filter its merely like a profanity filter. I didn't know it could be a bit more in depth at all?

3 minutes ago, Empress.Zuro said:

Didn't register Khora hasn't been vaulted so that makes 100% sense to me. But filters? I'm unfamiliar. Most of the time I think of filter its merely like a profanity filter. I didn't know it could be a bit more in depth at all?

Chats have an option for you to filter for specific words or phrases. So if you just make individual filters for the particular items you're looking to buy or sell, only messages containing the names of those items will show up. I mostly use it when I'm looking for relic shares in recruiting since I don't really use trade chat at all, but it works the same.

Just click the little magnifying glass in the corner of the chat window to open the filter menu.

• Like 1

To your original point though, cross platform trading produced a much much much larger market than we had back in our Xbox-only days, and the prices of most or all things are definitely much lower for us in this environment.

That's a bummer if you had something you were hoping to sell for 50 plat but now can only get a tenth of that, but is great if there is something that you would like to buy from another player since you can get it for practically nothing compared to what you are used to. It's also a bummer when you need to buy slots and realize that you're going to have to sell a lot more stuff for a few platinum here or there to be able to afford them.

I started trying to use Trade Chat but definitely could not keep up with the rate of messages flying by. Then I discovered filters, as PollexMessier described above. These filters work in reverse from profanity filters because they only show you messages that include the words you specify. You can set a filter for "Khora", for example, then go do a mission and come back to the Trade Chat window a little later and only see the messages from people looking to buy or sell Khora. I liked things better "in the old days" but I can still live with this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-04-16 at 11:08 AM, HuckPituey said:

I started trying to use Trade Chat but definitely could not keep up with the rate of messages flying by. Then I discovered filters, as PollexMessier described above. These filters work in reverse from profanity filters because they only show you messages that include the words you specify. You can set a filter for "Khora", for example, then go do a mission and come back to the Trade Chat window a little later and only see the messages from people looking to buy or sell Khora. I liked things better "in the old days" but I can still live with this.

I haven't looked up a video or anything on the trade filter but I looked into it in game. I can't find what you guys have for that? All I see is those photos in the dropbox. Am I blind or is there something I need to do to get that?

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/rnnzz2dipe9qzlkkp46l6/APJ6CrzZekhlSfPFBHWtsV8?rlkey=g3tt8y19fkyga0im8yi5v4xz5&dl=0

2 hours ago, Empress.Zuro said:

I can't find what you guys have for that?

It is not in the Options menu. Just go to the chat window and click a Looking Glass icon in top left corner.

Also in general, using trade chat is waste of time if you want prime parts/set or mods. Price checking in chat is just pure laziness. Do your research yourself. Where do you think people get the answers from? We got no Rain-men here, nobody know the prices of everything by heart.

Use https://warframe.market/ for both trading and price check.

Edited by Zakkhar
On 2024-04-16 at 3:55 AM, Empress.Zuro said:

I go to warframe market for price checks then see people selling for ridiculously lower than that price.

Maybe you just do not understand how to use warframe market? Khora Chasis and Systems are indeed 2 plat.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2024-04-26 at 9:54 PM, Zakkhar said:

It is not in the Options menu. Just go to the chat window and click a Looking Glass icon in top left corner.

Also in general, using trade chat is waste of time if you want prime parts/set or mods. Price checking in chat is just pure laziness. Do your research yourself. Where do you think people get the answers from? We got no Rain-men here, nobody know the prices of everything by heart.

Use https://warframe.market/ for both trading and price check.

To be honest my brain skipped over that magnifying glass so its appreciated. As for the rest of the comments when I first started it was suggested to do a price check because people did know them by heart. At the very least one person out of the many of players would have a price/price range for an item. The chat is used for the community with the intent to help/trade. I'm requesting trading info. I did price check and asked how it could be that low, thanks to PollexMessier who kindly explained that Khora has not yet been vaulted it helped give an understanding, so I understand why it was so low. I only need information and assistance understanding the unknown. So respectfully I understand you have a rear but it doesn't mean you need to act like one.