Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

"Hardware Failure" is a bug

Okay I've gotten this https://www.warframe.com/en/hardwarefail page violently thrust in my face over a dozen times after this update. I know for a fact that this is NOT A HARDWARE FAILURE. This has happened on both my laptop and desktop, and has occured seemingly randomly. However I'll list some times it has happened. In and when leaving Arsenal, in mission (Hydron 4 times now, a few times in Albrecht's lab, and in a few other missions I can't remember off the top of my head. I'm playing with potato graphics (low, things like dynamic lighting are all disabled) on my laptop and maxed out graphics on my desktop (everything is high or above with everything enabled) so clearly this isn't a graphics issue. Something DE has done in this recent update is plaguing at least PC and leading to random crashes. Also I should note that these crashes come at random times as well, in fact my desktop was COLD when Warframe crashed on it one of the many times after this recent update.

I should also not that the desktop is an AMD CPU, while the laptop is an Intel CPU, both are using Nividia RTX 4070s.

• Like 2

First try to ensure what IS the problem...  as there may be a lot of different reasons. Can you :

• Create a desktop shortcut "C:\Windows\System32\perfmon.exe /rel" name it Reliability Monitor . It give you program/windows crashes details.
  • As per support desk : You can also use ProcDump if warframe crash but not your OS.

Also to avoid those damned crashes :

• Check in launcher/setting if you use DX11 or DX12(beta), it did help a some players.
  • Some players using also Nvidia4070's did a rollback to install an older update to stop the crashes.

3 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

First try to ensure what IS the problem...  as there may be a lot of different reasons. Can you :

• Create a desktop shortcut "C:\Windows\System32\perfmon.exe /rel" name it Reliability Monitor . It give you program/windows crashes details.
  • As per support desk : You can also use ProcDump if warframe crash but not your OS.

Also to avoid those damned crashes :

• Check in launcher/setting if you use DX11 or DX12(beta), it did help a some players.
  • Some players using also Nvidia4070's did a rollback to install an older update to stop the crashes.

I'm using DX11, the main issue RN is replicating the crash, like I said it's spontaneous, I haven't had a crash since earlier today, and I've played for about 2 hours since then without issue. The only setting I touched was Volumetric Fog, which I turned off, I may try turning it on again to see if that might be the culprit.

10 hours ago, PrimeSlothful said:

the main issue RN is replicating the crash,

NO need to !

Reliability of Performance Monitor IE "C:\Windows\System32\perfmon.exe /rel" do build an Agenda of your crashes from windows history,

• If you add a crash in the last month (select Display per : days|week), you will be able to see it and have the details.

For example I got mine at the 18/03/2024 "L’ordinateur a redémarré après une vérification d’erreur. La vérification d’erreur était : 0x00000116 (0xffffe301e01e3010, 0xfffff80157741660, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004). Un vidage a été enregistré dans : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\031824-13531-01.dmp. ID de rapport : 8d2fa59f-9bce-45db-8a97-262d4f6ecc2e."

Which is a random crash bsod 0x116 : TDR error because my RTX2080s was too dusty...

• 2 weeks later...

Alright so, I think I've narrowed it down. It's either Volumetric Fog, or Volumetric Lighting. When the settings are off there are zero crashes, however when they're on there are crashes eventually. I haven't had a lot of time lately to play, but I'll see soon if this holds true for the latest hotfixes.