Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dante is My DnD Character

CyKsFuze

I would like to get in contact with whoever designed Dante.

Or the head of that department to ask some questions.

I created and designed a character years ago in DnD. Every aspect of the frame Dante is the same as my DnD character. I don't come with ill intent, just to know why my dnd character ended up being copied into the game

If you want to get actual answers, Customer Care, if you seek online traction from the community, share absolutely every single detail about yer character that makes you believe DE has copied your design from (unknown) years ago.

If these respond to the following questions with precision, you have a chance to be on to something:

• Is Dante (yours) a historian who served the pinnacle of evolution for the human race in the year (4k>?), and afterwards became the friend of a petty shadow of a man who runs a fund-raised museum, that despite having no maintenance costs and being donated multiple millions a year, is incapable of maintaining it to the point of taking a loan from the founder of one of the factions that sprung off that pinnacle of the human race, and had to beg to the main characters as "friends" (whom they never were in the first place) for help?

• Is Dante (yours) capable of conjuring of copy of his trustworthy notebook where he reads probably all the stories he has written over centuries of serving, with his own melted fingers from his left arm, and also conjuring an ethereal version of a bird species that only exists in mental palace safeguarded in an untouchable dimension, to which only the children who survived a catastrophic disaster by making a pact with a god, can access due to this being a creation of their own mind, when a happening made it so they got split into two different timelines but ultimately reunited after being "killed"?

• Was Dante (yours) once human but no more?
    If yes, please further elaborate on what happened to him.

• Does Dante (Warframe's) bear any suspiciously major resemblance to Dante (yours)?
    If yes, please provide with a side-by-side demonstration.

• Does Dante (yours) potentially invalidate, overpower, or make existing (for long) characters pretty much worthless with his bare presence on a team by providing with advantages that are WAY better than the ones those others do?

• Does Dante (yours) casually stop to read his empty-paged book when doing absolutely nothing for more than 10 seconds?

• Has Dante (yours) a colour palette inspired by the colour of old paper, gilded gold, ancient (or classic, depends) book cover's soft browns, and a subcoat of fine black, for it's easily fitting on everything?

• Does Dante (yours) have a very peculiar face that seems to have an evil pointy moustache, while having a hood that doesn't quite look like one at the same time?

• Is Dante (yours) built like a floating Dorito with slippers?

• Is Dante (yours) strangely jacked for a historian?

Thank you for taking your time to revise these points, weird as they might seem, they are thoroughly important to determine if the newest warframe is indeed a copy of yours. Might want to consider too, if you've ever shared somewhere your D&D for others to see, so it could be remade impersonated.

Posted (edited)

- Yes, he is a historian, no he doesn't have a friend that owns a museum. Yes he helps a friend fund a city and a few other things with the profits of his travels.

- Yes, he can summon a copy of his time at will and read the stories / pictures he's drawn from his travels.. No, my Dante isn't melted because the setting is different. Similar story with the pact and timelines, yes. 

- Yes, he was once a human and when he was killed, became something new. (In 5e DnD, mechanically, an Owlin Reborn.) His original story was about him having grown up in a low class, but a happy family. Through the years, he learned to read and write and grew to love stories, writing and reading. He became a Scribe through the teachings of someone close to him. (Order of Scribes Wizard in 5e DnD) A bit later, but still in his you get years, his town was raised by a group of airborne species; Aaracokra, Owlin, some Kenku warriors. While almost everyone was wiped out in this city, Dante (mine) was able to kill just one enemy. He barely took down this Owlin, but in return, the deity that watched said massacre felt Dante (mine) was worth keeping around. He was revived in a new body; the body of the Owlin he had killed. The story goes on for a bit, a long with his attachment to said deity and a genie for power over lightning and thunder.

- Yes, the actual character design is very similar to the design he had once he was a higher level. The robes are almost exactly what I had in mind when I designed him. The hood is similar, but the warframe's face is not at all the same. The long cloth thing on the warframe is odd. ( https://imgur.com/a/DZll07O this is the original character design. Before he got his magic robes, altered feathers, artifacts, items, and other gear.)

- He does provide many buffs and preparation spells for every occasion. To the point that the DMs that ran the game started limiting how many I could use. Someone has said that the amount of prep I did was ridiculous. Which, in turn, made the party a bit too strong. It's what a Wizard does.

- He does frequently stop to read his tome, more often drawing or writing in it. If there is nothing going on, he is drawing or writing.

- The color palette for Dante (mine) is lots of dark browns, dark greys, blacks, whites, and occasional guilded gold on things like his major spell book.

- He does not have an evil face, but if looked at too long, the thought of death may arise. He is an Owlin, so no moustache.

- No, he is not a floating Dorito with slippers, but the original design does feel a little triangle-ey.

- He is fairly strong, and extremely tough for a historian. I did a lot to make it hard to hit him or do damage to him. Most of his strength lies in his magic though. 

On 2024-04-20 at 8:01 PM, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

If you want to get actual answers, Customer Care, if you seek online traction from the community, share absolutely every single detail about yer character that makes you believe DE has copied your design from (unknown) years ago.

If these respond to the following questions with precision, you have a chance to be on to something:

• Is Dante (yours) a historian who served the pinnacle of evolution for the human race in the year (4k>?), and afterwards became the friend of a petty shadow of a man who runs a fund-raised museum, that despite having no maintenance costs and being donated multiple millions a year, is incapable of maintaining it to the point of taking a loan from the founder of one of the factions that sprung off that pinnacle of the human race, and had to beg to the main characters as "friends" (whom they never were in the first place) for help?

• Is Dante (yours) capable of conjuring of copy of his trustworthy notebook where he reads probably all the stories he has written over centuries of serving, with his own melted fingers from his left arm, and also conjuring an ethereal version of a bird species that only exists in mental palace safeguarded in an untouchable dimension, to which only the children who survived a catastrophic disaster by making a pact with a god, can access due to this being a creation of their own mind, when a happening made it so they got split into two different timelines but ultimately reunited after being "killed"?

• Was Dante (yours) once human but no more?
    If yes, please further elaborate on what happened to him.

• Does Dante (Warframe's) bear any suspiciously major resemblance to Dante (yours)?
    If yes, please provide with a side-by-side demonstration.

• Does Dante (yours) potentially invalidate, overpower, or make existing (for long) characters pretty much worthless with his bare presence on a team by providing with advantages that are WAY better than the ones those others do?

• Does Dante (yours) casually stop to read his empty-paged book when doing absolutely nothing for more than 10 seconds?

• Has Dante (yours) a colour palette inspired by the colour of old paper, gilded gold, ancient (or classic, depends) book cover's soft browns, and a subcoat of fine black, for it's easily fitting on everything?

• Does Dante (yours) have a very peculiar face that seems to have an evil pointy moustache, while having a hood that doesn't quite look like one at the same time?

• Is Dante (yours) built like a floating Dorito with slippers?

• Is Dante (yours) strangely jacked for a historian?

Thank you for taking your time to revise these points, weird as they might seem, they are thoroughly important to determine if the newest warframe is indeed a copy of yours. Might want to consider too, if you've ever shared somewhere your D&D for others to see, so it could be remade impersonated.

Edited by CyKsFuze

On 2024-04-20 at 5:51 PM, Tiltskillet said:

Was your D&D character hit with a LoS restriction after his first adventure?  If so...

Season 4 Episode 21 GIF by The Simpsons

Yes, actually. In 5e, most things require line of sight.