Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could You Make The Game A Bit More Accessible?

SlimyWalrus

Alright gonna bring up an issue I have here. Not everyone has mastery rank 13 and a 3 star soma. I've put my fair share of time into this game, but I don't have optimized builds or anything, couldnt really care less about that stuff. I just use whatever I like to.

So game is nearly impossible to play on solo recently. A mid-game boss (Jupiter) was too easy for everyone so you just made him harder? Everyone who said he was too easy had max level gear like crazy, it shouldn't have to be a challenge for them.

This Darvo mission is IMPOSSIBLE to solo. I understand you want the stalker to pose an actual challenge, but dealing with the stalker while defending the computers? The stalker flies in and kills the computer while its at 50%, and I instantly fail the mission. I simply cant put up with the hordes of corpus and deal with someone who 3-shots me with 900 shields! I just wish you had a difficulty setting, or some sort of level scaling for people with lower mastery rank, who haven't spent 300 hours farming the void for the best gear. Just looking to have some fun but the game is so god damn impossible by myself.

Yeah they've made a couple poor decisions recently that have affected solo players in a big way. 

I'm a solo player as well, but there were times when I went out of my way to get really good gear and I have problems from time to time as well. I'll have to have another look at Alad V, but I will say that the fact they did that change at all is kind of a good thing. It means they're acknowledging solo players and trying to adjust the game for them.

Granted, if Alad's singleplayer tweak made him too hard then they really messed up... but that they were actually willing to touch a single player aspect (that doesn't impact multiplayer) is really good, in my opinion.

I had forgotten about the changes to Alad V.... I'm gonna go do that really fast...

EDIT: Yeah, I see what you mean. I used my "tryhard" fit (4Star Ember, 2Star Soma & Brakk) and they gave me a run for my money. I didn't die or come close, but I can see how people might not be prepared for that.

Not sure if they actually "level scaled" him or not, though. So hard to say if others get a different experience when solo. 

Edited by DavidSPD

Well, before u11, the bosses used to scale depending on the max lvl of the People in the mission. 

Also this is bases off the 1-200 lvl scale we had before.

Captain Vor was lvl 7-10 normally meaning you would kill him when all your equips were equal to lvl 10. (Lets say 3+2+2+2 just for reference)

When you would go on a high lvl, (8+6+4+2) Vor would scale to 20. If more people would join Vor would scale ever more. 

I don't know how DE made the scale now because I haven't seen bosses scale anymore. I would go kill Vor with the best of the best and he goes down in one bullet. Yet Alad V need 5 Mags of fully modded Soma to go down while bosses higher then him go down easier.

Alright gonna bring up an issue I have here. Not everyone has mastery rank 13 and a 3 star soma. I've put my fair share of time into this game, but I don't have optimized builds or anything, couldnt really care less about that stuff. I just use whatever I like to.

So game is nearly impossible to play on solo recently. A mid-game boss (Jupiter) was too easy for everyone so you just made him harder? Everyone who said he was too easy had max level gear like crazy, it shouldn't have to be a challenge for them.

This Darvo mission is IMPOSSIBLE to solo. I understand you want the stalker to pose an actual challenge, but dealing with the stalker while defending the computers? The stalker flies in and kills the computer while its at 50%, and I instantly fail the mission. I simply cant put up with the hordes of corpus and deal with someone who 3-shots me with 900 shields! I just wish you had a difficulty setting, or some sort of level scaling for people with lower mastery rank, who haven't spent 300 hours farming the void for the best gear. Just looking to have some fun but the game is so god damn impossible by myself.

invite your friends. if you dont have any well you are out of luck

I don't understand why they don't have some type of scaling system for Solo vs group play. They also have the conclave system for gear levels so why not try and apply that as well to various levels. I agree there needs to be an upward scale for each planet but at times certain things just break for solo play and it is hard for me to not get discouraged.

That being said I am not saying it would be easy to program I'm just shocked it wasn't part of the foundation of the game considering they have a "Solo" option...

Actually, that's being addressed! It was mentioned before in a Livestream, and they're still trying to come up with a way to make it solo-possible.

Right now, it's tough doing: Defense, to some extent, Survival, to some extent, and Rescue, to some extent.

It'll probably take some time, but we'll see changes in the future. They know about it, for sure, and they definitely are gonna change it one day. I'll be a happy man when that day rolls along ^^

invite your friends. if you dont have any well you are out of luck

Oh a perfect world, how I wish I lived in one.

Actually, that's being addressed! It was mentioned before in a Livestream, and they're still trying to come up with a way to make it solo-possible.

Right now, it's tough doing: Defense, to some extent, Survival, to some extent, and Rescue, to some extent.

It'll probably take some time, but we'll see changes in the future. They know about it, for sure, and they definitely are gonna change it one day. I'll be a happy man when that day rolls along ^^

They kind of messed survival up recently. I used to go twenty minutes solo and now I have yet to get to ten. It's hard being a solo player right now, sadly. Technically I can still play and complete survival, it just isn't fun anymore.

I am glad Alad V was adjusted for solo though. I hope they keep on with this trend. I hate breezing through new content because it's low level =/

Edited by DavidSPD

Unfortunatly the Darvo alert is a Mobile defence.  If you were 'clever' previously and waited for a lockdown to happen it made mobile defence missions actually quite soloable.  Unfortunatly since that got removed you cant be 'clever' anymore, and have no real way to ujse enemy tactics

The scalling is either non-existent or rather poor as it stands, typically speaking when playing solo its about 2-3 times the enemies per player as with a group (then you have synergies which can make it even easier with a group).  Two players seem to be the sweet spot for difficulity per spawns (pending on loadouts that it).  3-4 players are typically easy mode, while solo is more akin to hard mode.

Unfortunatly the Darvo alert is a Mobile defence.  If you were 'clever' previously and waited for a lockdown to happen it made mobile defence missions actually quite soloable.  Unfortunatly since that got removed you cant be 'clever' anymore, and have no real way to ujse enemy tactics

The scalling is either non-existent or rather poor as it stands, typically speaking when playing solo its about 2-3 times the enemies per player as with a group (then you have synergies which can make it even easier with a group).  Two players seem to be the sweet spot for difficulity per spawns (pending on loadouts that it).  3-4 players are typically easy mode, while solo is more akin to hard mode.

The Darvo mission isn't doable solo even if it wasn't a Mobile Defense. Unless you massively cheese it or somehow exploit, it just isn't.

Yeah idk, haven't bothered to fight alad V yet, but I find it odd they changed him just because overleveled people said he was easy. Just a bit frustrated with trying to solo :/ wasted so many hours failing missions designed for multiple people

Warframe might not be your game then. Its easy for everyone to down enemy´s from level 1-30 as long as you prepare yourself.

Just get magnetic dmg(cold + elektric) vs corpus, corrosive(poison+electric/puncture vs heavy grineer, and viral(poison+ cold)or just heat or slash dmg vs infested and you are set.

Also don´t go for corpus heads anymore, aim for the heads of grineer or the legs or arms of infested ancients.

This game isn´t for people who just "play" it. Real Gamers HATE simple Games. Und if they´d change warframe to be simple, easy to understand and unrewarding I would quit playing it any second. Both luckily it staying complex, rewarding, multi-faceted and profound.

From all The Elder Scrolls "Morrowind"(Elder Scrolls 3) is called the best, for being more complex than the others, having things like  customizable spells and enchantments also a logic and profound lvl up system that determines how many attribute points you get by which abilities you improved in order to level up. Ofc mechanics like that scare of casual games who just play for fun. But real gamers appreciate and honor those efforts of the developers and immerse in the game while playing it.

This game isn´t for people who just "play" it. Real Gamers HATE simple Games.

So hey, I have three hundred hours in Warframe and the vast majority of it is solo. You may want to try pulling your head out of your &#! before you go around implying people that struggle with certain things in singleplayer aren't real gamers.

And who are you? The Gamer Police? Who decided what a "real" gamer is? Do you mean "Hardcore" gamer? Casual gamers are, in fact, gamers too. 

Chances are if you play multiplayer a lot there were plenty of places where your team carried you. When you play solo everything is more methodical, and challenges are substantial. If it's not then you're either lying, ignorant or switch to multiplayer so your team can carry you through the challenge.

Strictly singleplayer is a different beast than multiplayer. You don't have tryhards in every game you're in zorancoptering to down the boss before anybody else enters the room. You do it all yourself. 

And I can guarantee you that at one point you were downed and your team had to revive you. Singleplayer people like me get four chances in a single mission, then we MUST fail it. Then all other missions with that warframe must be cleared on the first try or you have to start over. I would argue that people that play strictly multiplayer are, in fact, playing easy mode. 

They could make the game more accessible without making it "simple" for "non-gamers". If they touch on singleplayer and the way singleplayer functions then tryhard multiplayer-only elitists would be untouched. More people get into the game, DE makes more money, and everybody wins. 

Man oh man I need to stop reading these forums

Edited by DavidSPD

jeez, i'm mastery rank 6, i'm not a noob or anything. people going around making claims about "real gamers" lol. just having a hard time adjusting to solo play cause my friends don't play anymore, and i havent played for a while either. IMO, if theres a solo mode, it should be tuned for it

Ive spent most of my time either in solo or two manning it with a friend. so far everything has been doable, and with someone you know, you can play at the pace you prefer without being forced to rush around like four man pick ups seem to go.

Question for the OP. Do you solo by choice or because you haven't found players you enjoy teaming with?

Edited by Remitevji

I solo mostly because the only people who ever join are ridiculous people with 5x forma'd somas and stuff, who just slide around the map rushing and killing everything so I dont get to do anything. so I usually solo to, you know, actually play the game. I got around to fighting alad V, and my rank 30 hek took every last bullet of my ammo just to get his shield off, before zanukas rockets 3-shot my 1000 shields frost. Kind of difficult.

I solo mostly because the only people who ever join are ridiculous people with 5x forma'd somas and stuff, who just slide around the map rushing and killing everything so I dont get to do anything. so I usually solo to, you know, actually play the game. I got around to fighting alad V, and my rank 30 hek took every last bullet of my ammo just to get his shield off, before zanukas rockets 3-shot my 1000 shields frost. Kind of difficult.

I solo too in a frame far more fragile than yours, mainly because too many people hate doing high level alerts that only give credits.

http://i.imgur.com/hRw4VeN.jpg

So yes, not every high level is an a-hole.

And for the boss fight you are doing one part wrong.

Alad is corpus, he takes the most from Impact damage, meaning Strun Wraith and Sobek drops him like flies.

Your murder Hek (yes it is good !) is most efficient against Grineer due to it's innate puncture.

A Magnetic tuned Sobek will kill Salad and Zanuka in a very short time.

Also did you try freezing Zanuka ?

Edited by fatpig84

yeah I usually keep zanuka under the snowglobe so he can't do a whole lot, wasn't aware of the whole puncture being bad against corpus thing. This damage 2.0 thing is very confusing. Is there some way I can prevent rockets from doing near 500 damage?

Running close enough to Zanuka after he launches will negate his rockets.

Like wise taking cover or just popping snowglobe on your head.

In general. In damage 2.0

Slash is most effective on infested

Puncture works best on Grineer

Impact works best on Corpus.

Each element also conveys either some bonus damage to certain targets or some bonus and some malus. The dev's released a chart to help people make builds.

As for the issue of rushing over leveled players, may I suggest posting in the forums your gear range and searching for like minded players that way? Pick up groups are rarely what you most wanted them to be in any game, this one more than most. But having a good teammate takes this game to a new level of hell yeah fun.

jeez, i'm mastery rank 6, i'm not a noob or anything. people going around making claims about "real gamers" lol. just having a hard time adjusting to solo play cause my friends don't play anymore, and i havent played for a while either. IMO, if theres a solo mode, it should be tuned for it

It should be. I wish they would. They need a professional game director working on this with actual experience or not delusional ideas of what balance is. Right now DE couldn't balance a bike with training wheels. The game should be fun for all sizes and it was a bit better in the old days.  There's tons of weapons and frames, people should be able to use them all solo or duo without this sort of 4 team thing, and remember hearing in a private tell on here from a dev they were working on scaling but they apparently put no effort into it. 

There will be this constant struggle of these people saying it's easy and people who say it's hard (and it is). I play better games than this that truly are hard and not cheap spawns. I @(*()$ shoot a camera out and it respawns. Lame. Look at DEs Star Trek game and everything back for their track record. Machinima made a hilarious video of how bad that was. Sorry is this comes across harsh, I am just sick of this. This game could be great if they just stopped treating solo or duo players as the enemy. I play mmorpgs with group content obbviously, meant for groups and I can solo that fine, but in this game it's a miserable struggle and it's NOT a mmorpg.  I supported the game when it was better. Damage 2,0 is lame. Its like the dev read a twitter post about loot 2.0 for diablo 3 and just stole that name and applied it to this games damage, but it still needs work.

Edited by BloodDoll