Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Armor Type of Deimos Companions

AdeptRogue

Question

I've been breeding a vulpaphyla under the assumption that its armor is Ferrite, but that assumption is based on what's known about their wild versions. Does anyone know the armor type(s) of the companion versions of both the predasites and vulpaphyas?

6 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

that depends on the mutagens or whatever they're called, you infuse while making it. You might think it's purely cosmetic (think it was the one affecting the tail) but it affects it's armor type.

here you go read this

Edited by EDM774

I've combed through that page many times already, it doesn't answer the question about armor type; the note about the Proto Shield mutagen clearly states that it applies to the "health" type.

39 minutes ago, AdeptRogue said:

I've combed through that page many times already, it doesn't answer the question about armor type; the note about the Proto Shield mutagen clearly states that it applies to the "health" type.

yes it grants the resistances of the armor type to it's health pool. So basically what you're doing is making it's health act like if it was proto shields, alloy armor etc. depending on which mutagen you picked. if you want alloy armor like resistances go for the Elsa Mutagen.

Companion versions still have ferrite armor and flesh health.

Mutagens still don't affect health/armor/shield resistances/weakness either. This has been an issue since their introduction.