Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 12: The Refining

Hixlysss

I'm thinking with this latest release of the new damage/armor system that the next big update should be focused towards balancing the game.

Instead of some massive wave of new content, like new warframe or primes, ect, they take what we currently have and balance everything out. Fix old bugs, make everything nice and even. Get it stable and such, fixing their problems and having a good proper solid foundation to build off of.

As it stands now there are some problems with the game. Armor for some tenno is not doing it's job, some powers are meh or not up to snuff compaired to other warframe powers. Mods are sorta wonky, there is no reason to use X mod over Y mod, so on and so forth.

What happened to the warframe reworks that happened a while ago? Rhino getting his new roar power and volt getting a buff as well as mag. What about the other warframes?

So again, please support this thread if you would like to see the next update being focused towards balancing out the game and fixing it's bugs. Some new content is still welcome, but personally I want to see the game balanced out before adding any more big updates to the game.

I am in full support of some balancing going on. 
Warframes and weapons need to be more balanced, and in the weapons case, more diverse as well. 
Its great if our damage system now lets us use whatever weapons we want. 
But so many weapons that were often neglected before still are because they have nothing attractive to offer over other weapons. 

I believe that the OP is right in most of his stated points, so here's a list of what i think will happen vs. what i would like

What will happen in Update 12:

- New warframe

- Prime Warframe

- Prime weapon

- New weapons

- Grineer Shipyard Tileset 

- New formula for Elemental Base Dmg Weapons (hopefully it gets fixed sooner)

- New formula for enemy scalling

- New Syandana

- The promised new dynamic fog system

- Dojo stuff

- And alot of optimization and bug fixes

What should happen in Update 12:

- Fix the most important bugs still in the game (networking, crashes, etc)

- Fix the UI once and for all (still a lot of design mistakes in there)

- A new HUD (the current looks so 1990 that it hurts)

- Improve the enemy AI

- Let the design department tweak designs of older frames (we all know that the older frames and the new ones look worlds apart)

- Fix warframes broken or buggy skills (Volt, Ash, Mag, Nekros, etc)

- New mastery rank related weapons or rewards (mastery ranks are pointless thing at the moment)

- Bring in a new faction, it's about f'ing time!

- A slider for Lotus tone of voice (normal to robotic)

- Make the bosses in the game more of challenge with different phases (like Ruk or Lephantis)

- Stop making the game so easy!!! Make it scale dificulty according to players rank, stats or something.

- To prevent whinning: A new Frame, a new Prime and a new titleset.

Edited by Bazools

I believe that the OP is right in most of his stated points, so here's a list of what i think will happen vs. what i would like

What will happen in Update 12:

- New warframe

- Prime Warframe

- Prime weapon

- New weapons

- Grineer Shipyard Tileset 

- New formula for Elemental Base Dmg Weapons (hopefully it gets fixed sooner)

- New formula for enemy scalling

- New Syandana

- The promised new dynamic fog system

- Dojo stuff

- And alot of optimization and bug fixes

What should happen in Update 12:

- Fix the most important bugs still in the game (networking, crashes, etc)

- Fix the UI once and for all (still a lot of design mistakes in there)

- A new HUD (the current looks so 1990 that it hurts)

- Improve the enemy AI

- Let the design department tweak designs of older frames (we all know that the older frames and the new ones look worlds apart)

- Fix warframes broken or buggy skills (Volt, Ash, Mag, Nekros, etc)

- New mastery rank related weapons or rewards (mastery ranks are pointless thing at the moment)

- Bring in a new faction, it's about f'ing time!

- A slider for Lotus tone of voice (normal to robotic)

- Make the bosses in the game more of challenge with different phases (like Ruk or Lephantis)

- Stop making the game so easy!!! Make it scale dificulty according to players rank, stats or something.

- To prevent whinning: A new Frame, a new Prime and a new titleset.

1000000 % agree with you i'm getting bored doing the same easy stuf...

Add some options easy-normal-hard-very hard to the missions

add special mission we could do with 6-8 players but make it verry challenging with 3 bosses and capture and defend and etc all together

or add for the pvp part missions like capture the flag or defending somthing in groups like 8 vs 8 - 6 vs 6

Edited by -MegaPrime-

• 2 weeks later...

1000000 % agree with you i'm getting bored doing the same easy stuf...

Add some options easy-normal-hard-very hard to the missions

add special mission we could do with 6-8 players but make it verry challenging with 3 bosses and capture and defend and etc all together

or add for the pvp part missions like capture the flag or defending somthing in groups like 8 vs 8 - 6 vs 6

Until the system and bandwidth requirements are greatly reduced that won't be possible unless everyone using fiber optic connections. Or if you want to lag like hell due to lacking process power to support 8-16 players and tons of enemies.

That come in mind to have official dedicated server that has no graphic render and support multi-thread to sustain processing. But like hell you guys think DE can afford thousands of servers and each only capable to host one session at a time, or let us host and server gets hacks.

When you want something to become possible just look at current state and think about the bottleneck and possibilities.

Aside of that, new content is the only way to keep this game refreshing, and if you're aware each content comes with refinement and plenty hotfix overtime. I know is slow but is coming, i can live with that.

Edited by Auxeus

ITT: people who don't know development trying to dictate development workflow.

No one here is dictating anything, we are simply trying to share our thoughts. 

P.s. i work in product development and corporate branding so i can say that i know how much time and effort goes into

develop something that is made and build to please more than a few people.

Beefing up the bosses and improving/adding tilesets is pretty much order of the day for each new update. The Grineer Shipyard looks awesome from the concept art I've seen, and if they can do to the other bosses what they've done to Vor and Ruk, I look forward to that as well. Nef Anyo BADLY needs a boost. I agree that the Chem Lab needs more stuff: how about a Grineer Napalm-style fire launcher? Pretty please, DE?

Obviously there will be a new Warframe and probably some shiny new Prime gear too. Hopefully the Void tileset will keep expanding to keep up with the wealth of Prime gear out there - let's just pray they don't go overboard and make Prime versions of everything!

No hope for a new enemy faction (the three faction system works, anyway) but new enemy types would be welcome. Possibly more ambient hostiles like the Desert Skate? And new bosses: Lephantis was a great addition and Alad V was... okay...

What I'm really interested in is new Dojo stuff and exactly what the new frame and weapons will be. The recent weapon additions have been fun, especially the Tigris and Magnus, but we need some more Tenno and Infested weapons! The Soma and Vectis are fantastic, but the Infested weapons are generally a bit mediocre (with the exception of the amazing Synapse) and there are only four real Tenno guns. More Tenno gear!

As for the new frame... hoping for a peek at some concept art soon. I liked Valkyr a lot, so I'm confident they're not about to run out of ideas. A frame with the ability to fly for short durations would be cool, or something more Loki-esque like a ghost-themed frame.

Or... since the new tileset is the Grineer Shipyard... and it's on a stormy ocean...

HOW ABOUT A PIRATE FRAME?!

• 2 weeks later...

I know this will be a late reply to all of the previous comments; but from what I know of update 12, almost all your concerns will be dealt with. Now I'm no one with special access to any special information but judging off of what they said in the last livestream of this year, I believe they're headed the right direction.

Yeah, i'm getting tired of having the holy trinity (no pun intended, but it is sad that trinity isn't here):nova, frost, and rhino, being everyone's choice of frame. I haven't seen a trinity in my squad for more than a month.

Also, why can't we have less "lel shoot this guy for free money" bosses and more "look for patterns, actually think what you're doing" bosses? The only bosses I like are lephantis and...oh right. lephantis.

Of course, im not degrading the other bosses. Atleast they have weakpoints and slight patterns. (But seriously, did you really have to add two already used bosses together?)

Anyways, what i'm saying is, +1 to frame balancing (and weapon balancing), +1 to more in depth bosses.

Edited by Ordel