Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A Nice Clan Shotgun

BoOz

Now that infested and corpus based tech has been filled out for the clan stuff, the grineer stuff is behind. This would be a perfect opportunity to make a nice shotgun. You could of course argue that we already have two grineer based shotguns, but at the same time, we have zero clan shotguns.

they've released various other tenno weapons so hopefully shotgun isn't far off either. i kind of think they need to release more clan tech in general. they keep just releasing weapons as tenno reinforcements instead of adding any to clan tech. not saying they shouldn't release weapons normally, just that the research lab lists are looking pretty weak atm.

It would be nice, in my opinion, if clantech played up the style of the faction's combat. Infested should be mostly, if not all, melee tech, while Corpus provide us mostly (mid-long range) energy weapons and perhaps extra sentinel types, or clantech sentinel accessories, and the Grineer give us shotguns and other close range weapons, with perhaps some melee.

However yes, more clantech would be really nice. I'm fresh out of slots at the moment, but I won't be for /too/ long, and I just like the fun of researching things.

The upcoming Corpus Flak Cannon is likely clantech. But I do want something different.

A Grineer shotgun that fires explosive pellets could be cool. Or maybe just a really heavy, semi-auto rifle that has a lot of kick, but high damage per shot, and it fires explosive slugs.

I dunno, DE kinda gimped themselves when they limited Grineer clantech to chemical weapons. Technically, normal bullets propelled by gunpowder use a chemical reaction, but that'd be kinda bland.

What I really want out of the Grineer, is either a mallet or a whip, that produces a shaped explosive charge on every swing, so with every swing of that melee weapon, you're hitting them with the force of a point-blank grenade explosion. I think that would be so awesome, to just bring up your mallet, hit them on the head, and suddenly, the target's entire body is gibbed by an explosion.

Yes to Tenno reinforcement.  No to clan tech.  Personally I got 40 formas I am not using, but clan tech requires forma that not everyone may have.  If it takes a forma, it better be worthwhile.  Imagine if that reloadstick they just released required a forma and you only find out it's not even effective against infested afterward.