The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

cant see some people or join their games

rejndjer

Question

last night i tryed trading with some people. sadly i couldnt see them in maroo's bazaar or kronia relay. i also couldnt join their "game" when i got invited, or viceversa when i invited them. i can see bunch of people at bazaar and kronia relay, but no luck with people that contacted me to actually trade :/

i use vpn, could that possibly cause problems?

9 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Check your Region in game.

im from europe and that's how region is set in options. does that mean that i cannot join games of people from other regions or see them in bazaar etc.? should i set it to "auto-detect"?

To @rejndjer,

Like most said, be sure to choose a good region,

• I'm in France but I choose East America because I play at odds hours when few in EU play
  • Also activate Ping display in HUD, if it is too high... you may change region or renew UPnP

and also change your "Ping Limit" to No limit for joining parties

• low "Ping Limit" 100 is good for random parties
  • high "Ping Limit" 500-Nolimit is good for invite and Crossplay

Not sure it's related, but I was unable to chat with anyone or use public matchmaking when I turned off crossplay (I don't like the lag and the greatly reduced enemy density when a console player hosts). Turns out if you disable crossplay you get cut off from everyone, even the people on the very same system.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

and also change your "Ping Limit" to No limit for joining parties

• low "Ping Limit" 100 is good for random parties
  • high "Ping Limit" 500-Nolimit is good for invite and Crossplay

Afaik only thing this option does is show you a message when the ping surpasses your limit in direct invites. 

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Turns out if you disable crossplay you get cut off from everyone, even the people on the very same system.

You get cut off of everyone who uses crossplay. It is like there are only two worlds/communities: Crossplay enablers and crossplay disablers. Platform doesnt matter.

Edited by Zakkhar

49 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

You get cut off of everyone who uses crossplay.

And crossplay is enabled by default. If anybody was to turn off crossplay, he would get cut off from literally everyone else, so nobody can.

@Zakkhar : "Afaik only thing this option does is show you a message when the ping surpasses your limit in direct invites. "

Nope, if the ping with after starting a mission is upper than the limit (like a 100ms) , you get disconnect/Host migration.

Best recent Example in :

vor 17 Stunden schrieb rejndjer:

last night i tryed trading with some people. sadly i couldnt see them in maroo's bazaar or kronia relay. i also couldnt join their "game" when i got invited, or viceversa when i invited them. i can see bunch of people at bazaar and kronia relay, but no luck with people that contacted me to actually trade :/

i use vpn, could that possibly cause problems?

most likely a bug. There are too many bugs for me at the moment.
I often can't even see what warframes or weapons people are using. So it's all very strange