The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Want players to be able to turn off 2fa.

pckkgc

Because some people may have problems with 2fa in various systems, Warframe is no exception, and everyone wants a way to turn off 2fa, but there's no way to turn it off. I know it's for security reasons. But the player should have the right to choose what the account should be like for him. Therefore, I want players to be able to choose to turn 2fa off or on at any time, and that some rights should not be restricted to people who don't use 2fa.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pckkgc said:

Because some people may have problems with 2fa in various systems

What problems? Name one. Just one. 

1 hour ago, pckkgc said:

everyone wants a way to turn off 2fa

I don't, hence not everyone. Why do people tend to say we or everyone, when they really mean "me"?

1 hour ago, pckkgc said:

but there's no way to turn it off

How do you know? Have you contacted support?

1 hour ago, pckkgc said:

Therefore, I want players to be able to choose to turn 2fa off or on at any time and that some rights should not be restricted to people who don't use 2fa.

a96f05bca4c45c91ead70313f8a0de06.jpg

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, pckkgc said:

Because some people may have problems with 2fa in various systems

What issues?  Honest question here.

Can you walk through the issues you have with 2fa enabled that won't happen if it's disabled?

1 hour ago, pckkgc said:

everyone wants a way to turn off 2fa, but there's no way to turn it off

Please define "everyone", because I seriously doubt it's everyone.

On the other hand if you are facing an issue where it would need to be disabled, such as losing access to the email it was set up with, you can contact support, as outlined in the Warframe Two Factor Authentication FAQ

But could you please walk me through why you would want to disable 2fa or why it would be necessary to do so?
Why would you need to turn it off?  What does having 2fa enabled prevent you from doing legitimately?

• Like 2

only issue I have encountered is when another player has not done the 2fa. Outside of that little issue easily resolved once I have explained they need it to offer a level of protection for themselves and if they don't then I leave my dojo and they cannot purchase the item they wanted. 

anyways I think you might need a different tree to bark at as 2fa is here to stay and its a benefit not a hindrance.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

You remind me of people that prop doors open at facilities because "they're a hassle" and don't think about how insecure that makes everyone else. Maybe you (pretend) to not care if your account gets taken over because it would be less secure, but then when you cry to support, that takes time away from other people with issues to solve and someone in your account could do things to mess with other players as well.

Would that happen? Perhaps not, but things are only as secure as the weakest link and I'm not part of your mythical "everyone" that wants to let 2FA be turned off.

Edited by Hobie-wan
typo
  • Like 3

Thank you for everyone's comments. Hopefully my post will help others. I know what other players think about turning 2fa off, but really my intention is to give players the option to turn 2fa off and on. as required and should not limit the system Many things such as Exchanging items only with people who use 2fa should be a system for safety. more than necessary (It's really necessary. But some people may not want to use it.)

2FA is not something that can just be turned off and on without defeating its entire purpose.  It's like any number of metaphors I can't use in this context because there are children present. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, pckkgc said:

option to turn 2fa off and on. as required

Again:
What valid reasons do you have to want to tun it off and on again on demand?
Why do you want the ability to disable it at a whim?
What does the system prevent you from doing?  How does the system hamper you?
When would it ever be a requirement to do something to have it turned off?  As in when would you ever need to turn it off to do something that wasn't inherently shady?

Do you have any reason at all for this request?

If you would explain yourself in any way people could actually engage with your idea.
As it is you're asking for 2FA to essentially become worthless (since it can just be deactivated at any time by anyone....which makes the safety it could add completely moot) and not giving any reasons at all why you want to do that, what it will accomplish or how it will make anything better in any way.

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 1

Only reason i can see to "temporarily" disable or wanting to disable it would be for some kind of Boost... illegal buying service so they or him/her never have to verify each login.
- Not only would this also be very fishy.
- Random people could get access and DELETE or even worse RUIN all your PLATINUM or stuff "Trades" to other accounts, Thus you losing Time, Investment, Security.
(Items you will never have restored as of DE's ruling) im going from FAQ and the previous experience from Support.

I would NEVER want 2FA disabled, I would Neither ever wanted to trade with an (Non-2FA) as of Black-fishing Market Trades.
- Could lead to you losig your own account / or what you sold / Bought in Value.

This guy seems like having no clue of what a secure account actully means and how it protects you these days from Scams, Hackbots and other stuff there is out in the WEB now.

• Like 1