The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An excalibur build to kill archons

vor einer Stunde schrieb Zakkhar:

Carnis Mandible on fully elemental Exalted Chromatic blade. I do not need to watch further.

works though. The only problem is that archons are currently not end-content and the weapon is rarely of importance. The main thing is to have enough ammunition or adjust status procs.

and even sp void ani you can't play with the build. Because Arcane Reaper doesn't heal enough and so little health is absolutely deadly for Mele. I'm not even talking about sp circuit...

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

works though.

Which part?  Carnis mandible is specifically used in full IPS slash without WW in order to achieve higher Slash ratio for more bleed procs. Sometimes also in WW build but with diminished results.

His setup has no slash at all so there is no slash ratio to increase and the %status is already massive from Chromatic Blade (300%) Power STR scaling, any other bonus is purely additive.

Carnis Mandible is not only wasted mod slot but also an evidence that someone doesnt understand Warframe on basic level, therefore anything that he shows further is either a coincidence he doesnt understand either or plain wrong.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Zakkhar:

Which part?  Carnis mandible is specifically used in full IPS slash without WW in order to achieve higher Slash ratio for more bleed procs. Sometimes also in WW build but with diminished results.

His setup has no slash at all so there is no slash ratio to increase and the %status is already massive from Chromatic Blade (300%) Power STR scaling, any other bonus is purely additive.

Carnis Mandible is not only wasted mod slot but also an evidence that someone doesnt understand Warframe on basic level, therefore anything that he shows further is either a coincidence he doesnt understand either or plain wrong.

he killed archons quickly enough as seen in the video. and it was never about perfect build or whatever.
That's precisely why you can leave out one or two mods.

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

Carnis Mandible on fully elemental Exalted Chromatic blade. I do not need to watch further.

I was thinking the same thing, but I still watched them kill the first Archon in the video very quickly.

Posted (edited)

With the changes to attenuation the fight feels a lot more fair with being able to use other strats. I'm using a Tigris Prime build and can take an archon down in a reasonable timeframe. Might switch it up again if I'm feeling bored of that.

Excalibur is the poster boy and Umbra is one of the more underrated frames in the game in my opinion, with the triple umbra polarity combined with adaptation you turn him into a tank while leaving the rest of the kit, including numerous ways to build umbral exalted blade such as an archon setup, to use for great potential.

Edited by Numerounius

3 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

the triple umbra polarity combined with adaptation you turn him into a tank

Not really, no. He goes poof as soon as the shield gate is gone.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

he killed archons quickly enough as seen in the video.

I havent watched it so I cant say whether it was fast or slow. But it surely as hell would be faster if he understood what the mods do.

1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

and it was never about perfect build or whatever.

So say you. How do you know what was that all about? This is a showcase. He even mousevers on the damn mod. Not only it is not perfect, it is stupid. People watch Leyzar and other youtubers like this and never learn to mod properly.

Edited by Zakkhar

7 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Not really, no. He goes poof as soon as the shield gate is gone.

Yet this is exactly what this person uses?

Arcane Reaper also helps out too which I've used as well. I'm so tired of people complaining that shield gating is the only way for a vast majority of frames for surviving. Yes there are some frames that turn into Paper Mache once their shields runs out and you do nothing else about them cough Valkyr cough. But for frames that already have a solid foundation such as Wukong and Excalibur you can still build up their health and armor aspects to take on content that is reasonably in the hundreds.

And it is more of a gradual scale rather than the whole "InARos OnE ShOt at LEveL 1000!" that gets heavily perpetuated. Since first of all, no content starts at level 1,000 and you can see your health failing as you stay in the mission for longer and extract when it gets too extreme before the point one-shots start occurring. Same thing goes for any frame that uses EHP for tanking.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Numerounius said:

Yet this is exactly what this person uses?

And it proves what exactly? You want to tell me that his experience in this one video trumps my experience of playing Umbra in normal content?

1 hour ago, Numerounius said:

And it is more of a gradual scale rather than the whole "InARos OnE ShOt at LEveL 1000!"

Inaros have been 1shot on this exact mission from the special mob. And probably still is because they nerfed the boss but not the mooks. Want me to find you all the topics?

Edited by Zakkhar

9 hours ago, Numerounius said:

with the triple umbra polarity combined with adaptation you turn him into a tank

Not really... Health tank frames need a LOT of EHP and/or a lot of healing + decent EHP. Excal has neither.

Like, Saryn can get away with health tanking in SP content cause you're rocking 3 umbra + adaptation + a max arcane blessing + gloom procing on spore damage + 75% slow + CC from miasma/spores.

I think even Nidus doesn't health tank well even in early SP content. Like past level 300-400 you have to play extremely careful with a max grace and guardian to not get blown up.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
vor 55 Minuten schrieb stormy505:

Not really... Health tank frames need a LOT of EHP and/or a lot of healing + decent EHP. Excal has neither.

Like, Saryn can get away with health tanking in SP content cause you're rocking 3 umbra + adaptation + a max arcane blessing + gloom procing on spore damage + 75% slow + CC from miasma/spores.

I think even Nidus doesn't health tank well even in early SP content. Like past level 300-400 you have to play extremely careful with a max grace and guardian to not get blown up.

Adaptation is big waste at Saryn. it is a hard hitter platform where different builds are possible. and damage is the strength here because it already has such useful def values.
and another problem is that not all mods fit because of several good builds. I want to have at least one augment mod. but with spore build this is not absolutely necessary. So at least here you could install adaptation. However, I have no illusions that it can tank for long in sp circuit. Because even tanked Inaros with adaptation and piles of armor dies within a second after about 1 hour of play.

and umbra excal can definitely be a carry in sp curcuit until round 10-14. because health buffer with 5 blue shards, arcane grace and warcry keep him alive. Then the only question is how to get energy. I stayed with hunter adrenaline with primed flow. With 1st skill I reach the goal without any danger. and if necessary, blind enemies with 2nd skill.
Only at some point the opponents start killing almost instantly, but he has to take damage. Because cc and 4th skill already eat up a lot of energy. arcane energize didn't convince me.

Edited by Venus-Venera

47 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

Adaptation is big waste at Saryn. it is a hard hitter platform where different builds are possible. and damage is the strength here because it already has such useful def values.
and another problem is that not all mods fit because of several good builds. I want to have at least one augment mod. but with spore build this is not absolutely necessary. So at least here you could install adaptation. However, I have no illusions that it can tank for long in sp circuit. Because even tanked Inaros with adaptation and piles of armor dies within a second after about 1 hour of play.

and umbra excal can definitely be a carry in sp curcuit until round 10-14. because health buffer with 5 blue shards, arcane grace and warcry keep him alive. Then the only question is how to get energy. I stayed with hunter adrenaline with primed flow. With 1st skill I reach the goal without any danger. and if necessary, blind enemies with 2nd skill.
Only at some point the opponents start killing almost instantly, but he has to take damage. Because cc and 4th skill already eat up a lot of energy. arcane energize didn't convince me.

Let's not forget that Overguard exist now. And that plan goes out the window. Because a team mate will happily grants Overguard as much as possible.

12 hours ago, Numerounius said:

with the triple umbra polarity combined with adaptation you turn him into a tank

I disagree, as someone who plays health tanking umbra it's still very hard to keep him alive due to how low and awful his base stats are, until they at least buff his base health and armor shieldgating will be superior for him, tho i found arcane reaper to be pretty good on him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

Because even tanked Inaros with adaptation and piles of armor dies within a second after about 1 hour of play.

For endurance, better to build for his 2, slash viral melee weapon stat stick, full mecha set for status spread nuke, Huras cloak cause inaros only uses abilities in this build and gives comfort in between Iframes of his 2. Actually has a really high KPM. Pure toxic melee vs corpus.

Full investment Saryn > Full investment Inaros for health tank. Entirely because of healing. EVERY spore damage tick within glooms radius (30ms on a decent build) heals Saryn to full, you quite literally HAVE to be one shot to die as Saryn. It doesn't go to level cap, but it will outlast Inaros when both are health tanking. Saryn is working with 2502 HP and 1557 Armor and healing to full hp every time spore damage ticks with even mid enemy density and okay spore management.

2 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

and another problem is that not all mods fit because of several good builds.

https://imgur.com/JJdos1M

https://imgur.com/hDQn9Jd

https://imgur.com/DvDzm2c

1st is for SP to lvl1k usually.
2st is for single target content.
3rd is for Endurance. Lvl9999.

All on the same Saryn. Only deficiencies I've had are archon shards, pure weapon platform doesn't care about corrosive stack cap increase, shield gate builds don't care about armor increases.  (I don't get why they don't let us place shards on specific loadout slots)

On the third build, rolling guard is a comfort mod, stretch can be placed in that slot if you don't care. 

14 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

I havent watched it so I cant say whether it was fast or slow.

You can't be bothered to watch, but you can be bothered to comment?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thorham said:

You can't be bothered to watch, but you can be bothered to comment?

Can you be bothered to read my posts where i explained everything?

11 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Can you be bothered to read my posts where i explained everything?

Why would I when you're commenting on something you didn't watch?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Thorham said:

Why would I when you're commenting on something you didn't watch?

I did watch the begining up to the part, when i stopped watching, because of what I saw. And it would be fine as is, but people keep responding to it (offtopic), so I keep responding to them. That is why I comment. Out of respect. If you do not wish to see my comments, feel free to stop addressing/calling me (by quoting me).

Edited by Zakkhar

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

I havent watched it so I cant say whether it was fast or slow. But it surely as hell would be faster if he understood what the mods do.

This is your own wording, i’ve seen you comment a fair few times and i’ll be honest sometimes you come across so arrogantly, but now I’m actually thinking is it your English skills the way you word things etc. 

There have been times though when you’ve said something and i think ye good point, and i agree with some things but there’s time you come across really harshly but from our interactions and seeing your comments it maybe that you don’t genuinely understand some phrases/sayings and your English may be slightly different where you are hence it sometimes coming across harshly.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr