The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lore Discussion: The Fallen Empire Theory

Sixty5

Thats an....interesting way of putting it :D

Perhaps the Void is a simple dimension, but compared to our own Dimension, its extraordinary. The Technocyte virus could have been floating around in the Void doing nothing, inert. The original Tenno could have been explorers, prisoners or accidentally exposed to the Void, coming back changed. 

If Vor is correct and something intelligent lives in the Void, it could have affected the Tenno, physically or mentally resulting in them being shunned at first before being accepted out of necessity. It could explain why all the Orokin Towers are completely lacking in any Orokin civilians.

Edited by RabidBunny

As a thought, it doesn't seem like the Orokin can be described as the heroes of their own story.  As an empire, they by definition would have been subjugating other states to their will.  They released a horrific bioweapon in an attempt to ensure their own continued dominion, and when that failed took steps that seem to have been worse by their own estimation but which just happened to work out (one wonders how many people they threw into the Void versus how many Tenno came out).  The Sentients were probably pretty terrible, but it's not sounding like the Orokin were that much better.  It may be that the Tenno realized that letting the Orokin Empire couldn't be allowed to continue, and destroyed them for the sake of the future of humanity (and, perhaps, every species of the Empire - I seem to recall seeing that the Orokin were interstellar,explaining why the Solar System is called the Origin system, which just makes me wonder what's going to happen when the Corpus fix the Outer Terminus...).  The Lotus may actually have been a system they created to monitor things, to try and guide them towards something better, and to reawake the Tenno should they be needed again.

A possible reason as to why the Stalker might be out to get us is again related to his indoctrination to the Orokin, but I just want to flesh out the idea a bit more. Without anyone to protect and feeling betrayed by his superiors (Tenno, since lore states that he is a member of low Guardians, I am assuming that the Tenno were the champions, the elite of the Orokin Guardians), he wanders aimlessly for generations eager to punish the Tenno for their crimes. We can relate this mental instability to the fact that he hunts the Tenno now, even though it should have been quite obvious that they have lost their memories of the War, leaving them to be but husks of their former selves. Even if he did avenge the Orokin, he isn't avenging the same Betrayers who slew his kings, but just what is left of them now. 

The point I'm trying to make is that the Stalker has been so heavily programmed and indoctrinated by his masters (Orokin) that he now makes a purpose out of nothing, simply to maintain his sanity. 

I just read through what I wrote. My point didn't make it through... I'll think about it some more and add to this thread again.

-snip-

Makes pretty good sense to me. He is lost inside, lacking a real purpose, so he turned inwards, his anger building. 

With what we see of the Orokin remnants I doubt the stalker's armour is its original colours, and his weapons seem to be of non-Orokin nature.

If you remember the passage from the Lore it talks about Tenno falling upon the Orokin with their Blades, his weapons have been formed to get an additional sort of vengeance, the names of said weapons add to this stuff. 

I was actually trying to manifest his rage towards the Tenno in words:

When I draw my bow, the Tenno will dread their demise.

When my blades fly, despair will cloud their senses

And when I swing my scythe, I will have satisfied my hate.

Sounds super dramatic ;)

I was actually trying to manifest his rage towards the Tenno in words:

When I draw my bow, the Tenno will dread their demise.

When my blades fly, despair will cloud their senses

And when I swing my scythe, I will have satisfied my hate.

Sounds super dramatic ;)

Oo, I like it.

The one thing that everyone forgets is that when the Tenno were first created by the Orokin they weren't meant to be keepers of balance.
They were created to be efficient killing machines, only when the lotus woke them from their sleep has she been controlling them under the guise of balance.

Also that the lotus is an AI, not a Tenno or Orokin.

Herp derp.

I just say what one great man has said.

"But as always, profit numbs the feelings".

That is what warframes are about now.

Profit = money

Money = better gear

Better gear = more killing

More killing = more balance

Profit = Balance

Here is my train of thought

The Tenno are a biological weapon raised in a pseudo Japanese culture of honor and battle

The lotus is a voice controlling cells of Tenno operating all across the system

The Tenno were weapons utilized by the Orokin in the mass extermination of the sentients

Here is my theory the lotus is an AI created by some of the last remaining sentients to use their own weapon against them which in the end succeeded

The lotus however went rogue executed her creators and went on a rampage

She was stopped by a currently unknown force and the Tenno were put into cryosleep

The lotus having survived has finally gained enough power to finish what she started and has began to reawaken the Tenno

The grineer are a lower race that were enslaved yet loyal to the orokin empire wish to prevent a repeat of their semi lost past knowing only that the Tenno if left unchecked pose a significant threat to them and anyone else who stands in their way.

The stalker is a product of the orokin created in an attempt to synthesize the results of the techno yet virus which created the Tenno, knowing the Tenno only as the destroyers of his people vows revenge ignorant of the larger picture of the lotus

So in short lotus is a crazy AI using the Tenno as she did before to fulfill her plans, the Tenno are biological weapons under the control of the lotus at the time of their betrayal and currently under semi control by her as from their viewpoint she is the one awakening their comrades, and the stalker is a orokin experiment to replicate the Tenno knowing only what the Tenno did to his creators.Tenno are not evil they are just weapons and the stalker is not evil just misguided.

I think this is a pretty solid interpretation and before you ask it does make sense that the lotus is an AI we have never physically seen her and she is leading cells in missions all over the place

Another theory Darvo(also an AI) is the one who stopped the lotus and the first place and has taken the guise of a merchant to keep a close eye of both the Tenno and the lotus.

Edited by Dracoio

Profit = money

Money = better gear

Better gear = more killing

More killing = more balance

Profit = Balance

Economy too.

"Damn it, the Tenno just wasted another 200 thousand Moas ??! Place new orders ASAP, we can't have enough of this stuff!"

"What did you mean a Loki wave at you and all 500 of you lost your grakatas and he went poof ?! The Quarter Master is going to have my head ! Thankfully I can clone that ! Place an order now !"

I'm not sure that the Lotus is real. I consider it being an entity and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the last Orokin controlling her, or someone else, using this form to control us.

Lotus seems too warm to be a simple construct. Besides assuming that the Tenno are free from true control by the Orokin, we wouldn't do anything that we didn't "want" to do.

@ Karma2605

As i mentioned before if Tenno are UN force of galaxy - then Tenno are horrible at that.

Maybe you can consider yourself as upholder of balance if you wish. From my perspective i am fighting at war. Because those mofos are trying to kill me. So i slaughter them. They are threat. Threat must be removed. You do not cuddle with a men with a gun, you shoot him 3 times in a chest as field manual dictates.

Tenno if not a mass murderers, but mass killers for sure. With power to destroy armies. And wielding such a power they still can't put corpus and grineer to their place and actually start to maintain this balance of yours.

as side note: even if Corpus can be subjugated, grineers will not submit. So they must be destroyed. All of them.

Edited by Althix