The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

On 05/12/2016 at 6:10 PM, Ceelacee said:

Oh man, i can really understand you... 

Have the same problem here, did the same actions with the game, aaaand still nothing. Wrote a ticket to support, hope DE will notice thats something going wrong, because i had only 40-50 minutes when i could connect to the game and play. In the whole day. Thats really not cool.

i was playing yesterday.

Some how i was able to uptade the game using another connection, and it was working (in my house too).

But i'm back with that error.

Its sad :(

Had yet another one of these tonight. I believe my connection was lost. Another common issue that I've had most of this year, even when connected to the net.

It came at the end of a mission and I got stuck in an update failure loop. I tried to abort the account update. Which took a few tries, because it kept retrying to update my account. Then it logged me out, and continued the loop. So I couldn't log back in.

Why can't we just have an option to make save data on our hard drive. We already store an ungodly amount of data with each new update. Not to mention the number of surprise mandatory hot-fixes that also cause account update failures.

Hey all!

Since this update (and appearance of Baro, fml) I can't open warframe and it's stuck in a window after a minute or so of downloading. I'm at an end on how to fix this, used private VPN's and other neat stuff and still didn't work. I wanna flip the hell out of my laptop as it's been 5 hours of errors like this. Philippines's ISPs (particularly you PLDT)

and their customer support are soooo terribly horrible.

Any fix for this? I might have to stay at some friend's home for a while just to update my Warframe :(

Update failed!

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. 

Please restart Warframe to try again.

The update will be restarted shortly..

This is happening to me only after the launch of 19.4 update. Had absolutely no problems with it before then, with it or the game.

My launcher repeatedly, after updating, goes into "not responding" state and this somehow affects other programs that are running. This mostly being Firefox. Which will have software lag while the update is running or when the launcher stops responding, Firefox sometimes stops responding as well. This problem doesn't occur unless the launcher is running. Right now, there was a Windows update waiting to be installed but it was there since yesterday and doubt it has anything to do with the launcher but I'm installing it anyway.

I'm running windows 7 64 bit

Edit: I'm pretty sure it was the (kinda storage) HDD I had WF installed onto. Coincidentally, I forgot I was using the FF installation on it as well for browsing. Booted without it attached, reinstalled FF and the everything is working fine all of a sudden. Looks like my storage drive is going bad :\

Edited by TGKazein
new information

Similar issue, .au.

I'm seeing an initial download speed that seems reasonable for my S&#ty connection, which then drops rapidly to ~5k/s before appearing to timeout suddenly & giving me the Update Failed alert.

Edit: forum language checker appears to be inserting unnecessarily escaped characters ;)

Edit: Resolved here... seems to me like it's just that the downloader doesn't handle interrupted downloads very well & my connection is SO BAD at the moment...

Edited by childeGideon

having issues with the launcher through steam. Works perfectly fine if i run it directly from the files as administrator, but ONLY if i run it as administrator, any known fixes?

specifically it crashes with "update failed, restarting" :/

Edited by Romythered
clarification

I had this problem just now, but solving was ridiculous.

Before I tried to reboot both router and pc(win7/64), it seemed to ignore my effort, but just opening steam x 3d time after reboot etc->launcher->update failed->I sit and read about connections fails here while everything, including launcher, is open for about 10 min->launcher arises from dead and allows me to login.

=/

Just server issues?

Edited by Emephire
some typos

DE just outright responded to me and said that I need to PAY FOR A VPN. They are not fixing this issue apparently. I bet DE has bought out a VPN service because they directly linked me to the one I should buy. Regardless paid or not it introduces a friggen intermediary that eats up responsiveness. This is ridiculous, EA has never pulled something this so sloppy or underhanded in my entire time with them. This is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen a developer request someone do.

*EDIT* So it seems, to me, that they are blanket banning entire ISP's or grid IP addresses. Basically if you are anywhere near, remotely, or sharing a similar IP with someone banned this is why you are not able to play. I don't know what brought this on, people may have been circumventing the IP bans they were given with VPN's or re-rolling/releasing their DNS and IP, so for some reason whatever security and punishment program they are using is doing wide sweeping bans on entire ISP's. This seems semi-confirmed as users on reddit reported the issue to their ISP and the ISP' suggested that for some reason Warframe has outright blocked connections to them. So... Unless you are willing to pay for a secure and effective VPN to play warframe, you are forced to rely on the cheap/trial ones which are often full of malware, slow down your connection, and generally... Not a good solution.

DE doesn't seem to be working on the issue as anything more than tough luck on our end.

Edited by Valaska

patching 500 MB download every day at 15-30 kbps, only for it to fail, stop responding and needing to be terminated. resume patching, have some 3mb worth of progress from last failure, wait for launcher to fail again, terminate non responsive task, another 3mb downloaded, rinse repeat until play button becomes active.

absolutely amazing experience

welp, guess warframe fun time is over for me. time to move on

Edited by bananastud69
yolo

Yeah about that, I have done everything I could.

1. Run as admin
2. Verifying the cache
3. Re-installing the game
4. Disabling firewall (also disabling anti-virus)
5. Changing proxies
6. Using spotflux vpn (I have done everything in your instructions)
7. Using ultrashare vpn (I managed to past the launcher, but when I try to log in, it says "Log in failed, check your network")
It's just frustrating, I haven't played since the Glast Gambit Update. I really need some help to fix this. 

Edited by sheilamae15

On 29/12/2016 at 5:14 PM, sheilamae15 said:

1. Run as admin
2. Verifying the cache
5. Changing proxies
7. Using ultrashare vpn (I managed to past the launcher, but when I try to log in, it says "Log in failed, check your network")
It's just frustrating, I haven't played since the Glast Gambit Update. I really need some help to fix this. 

I know how you feel. 

Are you using a pc or laptop/notebook?

I was able to play when i uptade the game using my friend's connection.

When a new uptade was on, the problem was back, but i still could play using VPN.

Now, i can play normally (whithout VPN), i dont know how that happened, but it fix it...........but i dont know for how long.

Just trying to help because i was pretty mad when that happened. The [DE] tried alot of things when we was talking using the ticket.

Good luck.

sorry for bad english.

Edited by lucasgandolfi

On 29/12/2016 at 5:14 PM, sheilamae15 said:

1. Run as admin
2. Verifying the cache
5. Changing proxies

I know how you feel. 

When a new uptade was on, the problem was back, but i still could play using VPN.

Now, i can play normally (whithout VPN), i dont know how that happened, but it fix it...........but i dont know for how long.

Just trying to help because i was pretty mad when that happened. The [DE] tried alot of thing when we was talking using the ticket.

Good luck.

@edit 

WTF

sorry for double post

i dont know what i am doing

i'm a loser

Edited by lucasgandolfi

14 hours ago, lucasgandolfi said:

I know how you feel. 

Just trying to help because i was pretty mad when that happened. The [DE] tried alot of thing when we was talking using the ticket.

Good luck.

i'm using laptop btw

"Update failed!"  "Please try again later." "The update will be restarted shortly.."

Got this lovely issue yesterday and I've tried everything that people have used to fix this super annoying problem. Verified the cache, emptied the cache, even reinstalled the game etc.. Nothing seems to help.

Ideas?

Just now, GuanYu07 said:

"Update failed!"  "Please try again later." "The update will be restarted shortly.."

I have a stable internet
but after exiting the game and wanted back I can not update
is there any idea to solve?

This has been one day, please if anyone has an idea