Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ambiguous wording on Heirloom Collection page is leading to confusion

(PSN)Unstar

I just came from a thread where a player seems to have (quite reasonably) interpreted a section of the new Heirloom Collection page as saying that the Mag and Frost Heirloom Collections will be available in the future.  Based on what was said on the Devstream, it sounds like that is not your intention, so I wanted to point it out so that hopefully it can be adjusted the prevent additional confusion.

This is in regards to the final section on this page: https://www.warframe.com/news/heirloom-collections-faq

The wording here is very unfortunate as it contains two consecutive sentences that are can reasonably be interpreted as suggesting that Mag and Frost Heirlooms will be purchasable.  I watched the Devstream and came away with a very clear impression that the Mag and Frost Heirlooms were in the past, but upon my first reading of this section I was confused and thought that DE might have genuinely decided to bring them back.  I had to re-read these sentences several times to find both possible interpretations and thus clarify the miscommunication.

While purchases of the Mag and Frost Heirloom Collections were halted after December 31, 2023, we will be permanently extending the availability window going forward.

The availability window of what?  The structure of this sentence would lead many to believe that "availability window" refers to "the Mag and Frost Heirloom Collections".  It would be much better if DE was more explicit here, because I assume they mean "future heirloom collections".

Platinum purchase paths for both Heirloom Collections and individual Heirloom items will live on forever through the in-game Market (Heirloom Collections purchasable via real world currency will remain time-limited, however).

This sentence directly follows the last one, and thus the word "both" here can be interpreted in two ways:

• both (Heirloom Collections and individual Heirloom items)
  • (both Heirloom Collections) and individual Heirloom items

In the latter, "both Heirloom Collections" could reasonably refer to "both the Mag and Frost Heirloom collections".

Overall, the point is that the wording is ambiguous enough to be ripe for confusion, and that's definitely something DE will want to avoid after last year.  Hopefully they can address this!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Overall, the point is that the wording is ambiguous enough to be ripe for confusion, and that's definitely something DE will want to avoid after last year.  Hopefully they can address this!

You mean like the Supporter Packs that still say this:

Items marked with a * will be exclusive to these packs for a limited time.

DE knows what they're doing. I guess it's only a problem depending on which side of the ambiguity you're on. /shrug