The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Migration Bug?

So I used to farm relics without a problem but recently whenever I’m waiting in the loading screen for a fissure a “host migration” occurs and kicks me I thought it was my connection but whoever I run diagnostics everything comes out as working normally it’s also strange because Warframe is the only game that has had this connection issue at all I can play any other multiplayer game fine without any problem. Is this normal?

Posted (edited)

Check your region in options, make sure it is actually your region.

Try increasing your ping limit for matchmaking in options.

Also queueing missions from Relay Navigation often gives this effect.

Fissure mission have very particular player behaviour, where people run the Public Matchmaking, check the relics everyone is opening and if they are not satisfied with the result (relics they hunt for, vaulted relics, rare raling, radiants etc), they leave. It is most common during first couple of weeks after new Primes introduction as that is when people farm the most intense. It may be one of the causes of your experience.

Edited by Zakkhar

Yeah, a fun fact about this system is that it's connecting you to other players directly, not to a Server. It could even be making you the Host.

So you can have a great connection to the Internet, a great connection to the nearest DE server, but a terrible connection to the other player.

That's why Host Migration kicks in.