The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you get Warframe to check the "https network route" on PC?

(NSW)Funamusea

Question

I downloaded warframe from the official website, but whenever I try to move my file it won't let me, because the application is open. But I also can't close it, because it would close the files application too.

-"the action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program"

4 answers to this question

Not quite sure what you're trying to describe here...

What do you mean by 'you're trying to move your file'? do you mean you're trying to move the game's installation directory? If Warframe or the Warframe launcher is currently running, then you cannot move the game data or installation; you will need to close the game and the launcher if you wish to move the game files. Likewise, if you have any windows explorer instances open that have subfolders open in the installation directory, then windows will prevent you from moving it.

There shouldn't be anything stopping you from closing the game, the launcher, and the windows explorer window(s) that have the game folders (or data) open in them, and then re-opening a single windows explorer instance to do any cut/paste/move operations.

That said, I would advise against moving the game data manually. Moving installations improperly can result in breaking the game installation. The safest way to move your installation would be to uninstall/delete the original installation and then re-install the game to the location you want; that way all of your shortcuts and program pointers will point to the desired location for your game data.

Think I stumbled across this issue as well.

Downloaded the game on my laptop from the warframe site, and whenever the launcher opens, the message over the loading bar is "CHECKING HTTPS NETWORK ROUTE" while automatically popping open the file manager.  When I close the file manager, the popup in the launcher says "Abort update process and quit?", and clicking "Cancel" just brings the file manager back up while clicking "OK" just closes the launcher.

UPDATE: Apparently all that was required was just hitting "OK" on the file manager without selecting anything.  Seemed weird, but it somehow worked and the game's downloading now.

Edited by Raarsi
Fix't.

On 2024-06-24 at 2:59 AM, Raarsi said:

Think I stumbled across this issue as well.

Downloaded the game on my laptop from the warframe site, and whenever the launcher opens, the message over the loading bar is "CHECKING HTTPS NETWORK ROUTE" while automatically popping open the file manager.  When I close the file manager, the popup in the launcher says "Abort update process and quit?", and clicking "Cancel" just brings the file manager back up while clicking "OK" just closes the launcher.

UPDATE: Apparently all that was required was just hitting "OK" on the file manager without selecting anything.  Seemed weird, but it somehow worked and the game's downloading now.

So glad I'm not the only one that struggled with this lol