Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Jade abilities

Overall I like her and her design. I know some people have issues with the pregnancy element of her design. It hasn’t really phased me. Probably because you never see her stomach in game play and the angel theme is cool
As far as her abilities I definitely have some concerns. 
Her 4th ability is overturned. It’s incredible strong not being line of sight checked 

While the survivability elements to her 1 and 2 are underwhelming. Shield recharge rate and delay do nothing in Steel Path. Especially with the delay for a full break being capped at .8 second. 

Increasing shield damage reduction would be a more worthwhile and easier stat to balance. 

It’s hardly strong even when it’s modded DE made sure they didn’t overtune this frame like they did the last one and it definitely shows all of her abilities are lackluster compared to similar frames. They pre nerfed her before release let’s not nerf her even more 

Edited by OneOmniverse

5 hours ago, G0D5peed said:

Her 4th ability is overturned. It’s incredible strong not being line of sight checked

Glory on High is mid at best. The primary fire's base damage needs to be increased to 250, to bring it in line with other exalted weapons.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Glory on High is mid at best. The primary fire's base damage needs to be increased to 250, to bring it in line with other exalted weapons.

I think it's actually really weak, not even mid. With an extreme specific build you can make it mid.

Edited by Rayatsu
typo
  • Like 4

I also feel her 4 is very lack luster damage wise. Her 1 needs some serious tuning as well to make it worth while, would definitely look into higher duration and range.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

The alt fire is the culprit, its range lets it quadratic scaling and clear rooms 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, G0D5peed said:

The alt fire is the culprit, its range lets it quadratic scaling and clear rooms 

Which balances itself with the hefty energy cost, in my opinion. Buffing the primary fire thus should be a no-brainer to be honest.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, G0D5peed said:

It does? Could you elaborate, as I'm intrigued.

Though so far Jade seems to be fairly decent in a vacuum, as her vanilla kit feels perfectly balanced...just the primary fire of Glory feels a tad-off damage wise.

Though with further testing, when a helminth ability is introduced, her base energy economy feels about as bad as release-Titania.

With power costs ranging from 25-50 energy per cast like Excalibur, (who usually just casts exalted blade, and only needs to worry about energy drain with the occassional Furious Javelin) her energy pool begins to plummet HARD. With Airburst Rounds + Primed Flow + Equilibrioum, 500 energy is nowhere near enough to sustain a Helminth ability in her ability rotation, and will require streamline to maintain >90% up time with Glory unlike other exalted weapons.

I'm about to test Roar over Ophydian Eyes, as both have a 30 second duration in exchange for 50 > 75 power consumption; but, I think this "should" be more comfortable than Air Burst, Breach Surge, Ensnare, and / or Pillage. If that fails, Eclipse would be the only other option as it has a reduced energy cost; but, I don't remember why we don't use it in status builds.

If she doesn't get a minor bump in Primary Fire damage, have my fingers crossed that DE may bump her base power capacity by 25-50 points! It just feels bad to need to slot in Streamline to run a selection of Helminth builds.

Edited by PhiZero

11 hours ago, G0D5peed said:

I wouldn't know since it's completely bugged for me but the primary fire should at least make somewhat of a dent. it can't just be flying and spamming alt, that's not much fun

20 hours ago, G0D5peed said:

Overall I like her and her design. I know some people have issues with the pregnancy element of her design. It hasn’t really phased me. Probably because you never see her stomach in game play and the angel theme is cool
As far as her abilities I definitely have some concerns. 

While the survivability elements to her 1 and 2 are underwhelming. Shield recharge rate and delay do nothing in Steel Path. Especially with the delay for a full break being capped at .8 second. 

Increasing shield damage reduction would be a more worthwhile and easier stat to balance. 

After giving Jade a try in SP, i feel like Brief Respite and Arcane Aegis is necessary, otherwise she would fail to shield gate and die. The Shield Gating on it’s own is like a weaker version of Protea’s Shield Regen but stacks well with Arcane Aegis to have some sort of good survivability. Brief Respite because there’s some moments where Arcane Aegis wouldn’t turn on and she goes down after. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

After giving Jade a try in SP, i feel like Brief Respite and Arcane Aegis is necessary, otherwise she would fail to shield gate and die. The Shield Gating on it’s own is like a weaker version of Protea’s Shield Regen but stacks well with Arcane Aegis to have some sort of good survivability. Brief Respite because there’s some moments where Arcane Aegis wouldn’t turn on and she goes down after. 

It's giving flashbacks of when Dante came and he couldn't survive or support the team in high-level content because they would just rip through his overguard and now it's the same with Jade but worse 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PhiZero said:

It does? Could you elaborate, as I'm intrigued.

Build the frame range>efficiency>strength

build glory crit, elemental damage, expel mod (doesn’t have to be prime) 

-corrosive/heat, blast/ toxin or electric, viral/heat. Whatever is best for the faction you’re fighting. 
In mission spam 1 to mark enemies and alt to detonate. 
Out killed saryns in SP disruption 

Edited by G0D5peed
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GPrime96 said:

After giving Jade a try in SP, i feel like Brief Respite and Arcane Aegis is necessary, otherwise she would fail to shield gate and die. The Shield Gating on its own is like a weaker version of Protea’s Shield Regen but stacks well with Arcane Aegis to have some sort of good survivability. Brief Respite because there’s some moments where Arcane Aegis wouldn’t turn on and she goes down after. 

Yeah shield recharge delay, respectfully, is a bad stat to buff. It’s exists so that shield sources don’t all work like arcane aegis. 
Which is a good thing however in arbitrations and higher it only delays your death fractions of a second by letting you chain one or two shield breaks together. 

Pablo and the team were trying to make a shield buffing ability that wasn’t like the other two. Which is awesome but SRD has  too little of an impact to consider in survivability strategies. 

imo, but im not a dev, shield damage reduction would have been a more ideal stat to buff. No other frame targets it directly. Damage reduction alone isn’t broken but it does scale in usefulness past base steel path.