Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Ash's forth ability no longer procs finisher Arcanes.

I noticed with the last hotfixes that Ash's bladestorm does not activate anymore Arcane Trickery or Arcane Ultimatum. Is it a change (bad one for me) or a bug from the hotfixes? Blade storm kills should count as finishers, no? I really, REALLY HOPE is a bug. Please make it a bug I spent 60% of my game time in the years with Ash, do no brake the bladestorm finishers it is the only thing that makes Ash still nice to play even if he does not have a proper aoe attack like the 90% of other frames... Hear the voice of the very sad Ash main player that has spent years in the game (since you had sectors in the map instead of mission nodes actually). 

Edited by Fearanis
I added a plea because I'm very sad. Up to you DE if this sadness will go away or become simply anger that would make me rage quit XD.
  • Like 4

Ash's finisher doesn't count towards the combo count of melee crescendo, normal finishers do but not Ashes's. I haven't tried the problem outside of the simulacrum,

Ash no longer procs Arcane ultima or Crescendo with kills from his blade storm which use to count as finisher's I have been using this build specifically with ultima for almost a year now and I can longer get finishers with the forth ability. I helminth off is teleport for that reason, and Im hoping this is just a bug. Or i will have to go back to only using teleport for my finisher kills

Can confirm. I was wondering why I was expending so much energy to kill enemies while testing for changes and stray bullet nerfs (due to enemy health changes).

Turns out Crescendo wasn't proccing. The arcane bit is most likely a bug since it was working yesterday.

Edit: I have a feeling that the recent hotfix might have something to do with it.

Fixed a script error in Ash’s Bladestorm ability.

Edited by Yinglong

I can +1 this. Doesn't seem to be intended either since.

Fixed Melee Crescendo stacks vanishing after Host migration for Ash players that collected them with Blade Storm while holding a Primary Weapon.

Was a top fix in the patch notes for 36.0

• Like 1

I am using Ash with the Innodem and a rank 3 melee crescendo. When i am preforming finishers with bladestorm, I see that the melee combo is going up but it then decays and does not build back up.

23 minutes ago, Toa_Ignika said:

That's not a bug, as far as I know (and tested) Melee Cescendo never worked with Bladestorm since the arcane was released.

No, it always worked, that is my main build.

Bladestorm is not even triggerring arcane trickery 

I can confirm what Draigoprime has experienced, Ash's 4th ability, blade storm no longer contributes to building up melee crescendo's stacks. No initial combo is gained from any kills performed by his 4 ability.

Ever since the release of melee crescendo it was normal to use this arcane with Ash because of his unique synergy with it but now it no longer works, I hope this isn't an intentional nerf because it severely demotes the value of Ash in comparison to other frames that bring more to the table. 

Ash's Bladestorm no longer seems to properly activate Melee Crescendo's effect after the recent bug/bug fix related to the unintentional double combo count gains from Crescendo. On top of this, it seems Finishers are doing significantly less damage than before as I am finding it much more difficult to kill enemies with Finishers than before. Though, this could be partially at least due to the health buffs enemies received as well.

i not touched nothing of my Ash build or weapons and after the hotfix i can no longer build combo counter with the ash 4 bladestorm not work with any weapon i tried with the glaive , dagger nikanas , axe , greatswords and nothing