Playing As Stalker Feedback (Possbile Stalker Mod /w Rewards Idea)

Hello Drifters!

So with Jade Shaodws now out and fully in our hands, I wanted to take some time to share my viewpoints on being able to play as the Stalker (Outside of Durvi). First and foremost, playing as the Stalker is entertaining and I honestly feel that this should be a permanent thing we can do in-game, so with that being said let's get into how we can make this into a permanent thing

Stalker Mode:

The Stalker Mode will work exactly as it does now, you click a button, wait to find targets and then are thrown into the mission, however there a few restrictions before you can play, thus being you -MUST- have completed Jade Shadows quest to unlock it. (If you played or skipped since some ask for a skip).

What happens?:

When you are dropped into a Mission, Ordis will play his normal quote that someone has decided to assist the Tenno and is offering help (so as not to get confused) when the Stlaker arrives, this also prevents the Stalker from hunting (can't be in two places at once!) and you play the mission as the norm as Stalker with his Kit and Limits, When the mission completes you extract with the rest as you normally do.

Notes: (You cannot join Railjack/Liches or any other mode that the Stalker cannot invade in) (You also cannot pick up data mass or any other item that could hinder the mission)

Basic Rewards: You gain the normal MIssion Rewards as if you were playing the game as the norm but have the risk of losing it all if you are killed once. However as the Stalker does not need resources, you cannot keep or pick up any basic loot on the floor (such as credits or alloys, etc), this is to prevent players from finding AFK Methods, this gamemode is supposed to be for a bit of fun.

Unquie Rewards: Once you have ranked up with the Stalker (He'll be as a separate syndicate: only 3 levels) you can unlock Stalker-related goodies!

The Acolyte Helmet: You gain the ability to unlock the Acolyte Helmet as an Alt Helmet that be placed on any frame, this changes the entire helmet and acts like like any norm Alt Helmet (Skin Only)

The Stalker Helmet: The Stalker's helmet is the helmet he has when imbued by Jade's energies (Green), as before this changes the entire helmet and acts like any norm Alt Helmet (Skin Only)

Stalker Weapons & Color Pack: You can buy his weapons from him, without the need to farm or buy from the Market

Stalker Crown: A unique device that be added onto any frame that grants that frame Punishment & Marked /w His Passive: Stalker's attacks have +300% Critical Chance against enemies who do not see him. This replaces your 2nd and 4th slot powers when infused with a Frame (This can be undone but the device is consumed when used) Note: This reward is just bit of fun and not to be taken seriously, as I don't think it'll be ever added.

And there we go, a few people have been asking to outright have the Stalker frame, but I think being able to play as him like we do now should be enough.

-Psi

• Like 4

First and foremost, playing as the Stalker is entertaining and I honestly feel that this should be a permanent thing we can do in-game

I feel the same way.

On 2024-06-20 at 12:02 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

What happens?: [cropped]

Notes: [cropped]

Agreed on these as they make a ton of sense

Basic Rewards: You gain the normal Mission Rewards as if you were playing the game as the norm but have the risk of losing it all if you are killed once.

Agreed on this. but not necessarily on the latter half. It's a hard balance on how to prevent AFK play.

Unique Rewards

Agreed and had the same idea, but not like that. If anything, I'd say a separate "drop pool" that focuses heavily on specific drops. As an example, having a scaling drop rate similar to how the Archon Shards drop for weeklies. The more you miss a drop, the more likely you're going to get it up to 100%. This'll nudge vets and even lower levels alike to hop onto this mode.

I should also add that I haven't had this much fun playing a mode in this game for a long time. No stress of seeing what I picked up/missed picking up while playing with/helping out other tenno in this new way is such a refreshing change of pace. If I pick stuff up I do and if I don't I don't. It's a major load off my mind and I get to enjoy the new feel of the game.
Yes, I understand I could just not run animal instinct and vacuum, and just hop in pubs. But it's not the same. There's some subtle compulsion to keeping those going, while this mode with no popups and being "the mysterious helper" just hits so hard and so different. Only thing I could think of that might be in a similar vein to keeping a trend like this going is controlling a Lich/Sister/Kahl as an extra player in missions that Tenno could "request help" as a toggle when starting a match and players could do a "quickplay queue" to get thrown in matches with this method. All mechanics playing the same way as this mode currently does at the time of posting.

9 hours ago, EdsBusy17 said:

No stress of seeing what I picked up/missed picking up while playing with/helping out other tenno in this new way is such a refreshing change of pace. If I pick stuff up I do and if I don't I don't.

I realized when I got to playing a different match, this seems like it's an unintended bug across all pickups with any player type. Hoping this could be a UI toggle, with separate modes being a choice.

I am not opposed to the stalker syndicate. And I like the idea of stalker rewards. I would personally add that I would like to see blueprint parts for a copy of stalker's frame, as well as truncating the acolyte and stalker helmets (stalker's helmet is currently colorable anyways).

As much as I enjoy Jade as a warframe, I genuinely wanted more content around stalker himself, and I am somewhat left dissapointed.

• Like 1

On 2024-06-24 at 8:35 AM, Dwarf_King said:

I am not opposed to the stalker syndicate. And I like the idea of stalker rewards. I would personally add that I would like to see blueprint parts for a copy of stalker's frame, as well as truncating the acolyte and stalker helmets (stalker's helmet is currently colorable anyways).

As much as I enjoy Jade as a warframe, I genuinely wanted more content around stalker himself, and I am somewhat left dissapointed.

Stalker's story is not yet finished, so they won't do it until his story gets finished at least. Everyone is always asking for more stalker content since his release, this is not a new thing/idea, It has been here since stalker's intro on the 18th of march 2013. Don't be disappointed to not get something the community has been asking for for 11 years and not yet gotten. 

On 2024-06-20 at 7:02 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

The Acolyte Helmet: You gain the ability to unlock the Acolyte Helmet as an Alt Helmet that be placed on any frame, this changes the entire helmet and acts like like any norm Alt Helmet (Skin Only)

The Stalker Helmet: The Stalker's helmet is the helmet he has when imbued by Jade's energies (Green), as before this changes the entire helmet and acts like any norm Alt Helmet (Skin Only)

Stalker Weapons & Color Pack: You can buy his weapons from him, without the need to farm or buy from the Market

GIVE IT TO ME NOW

13 hours ago, 3xt1inct said:

Stalker's story is not yet finished, so they won't do it until his story gets finished at least. Everyone is always asking for more stalker content since his release, this is not a new thing/idea, It has been here since stalker's intro on the 18th of march 2013. Don't be disappointed to not get something the community has been asking for for 11 years and not yet gotten. 

Nothing says we can't have a copy of stalker's warframe 

On 2024-06-27 at 4:50 AM, Waeleto said:

Nothing says we can't have a copy of stalker's warframe 

I'm trying to give reason as to why it has not happened. Nothing says we will ever see a copy of stalker's frame either. 

Stalker is unique and rly cool, also drives story and at this point a character that returns a lot, even more including hunter, every warframe we have gotten had its story finished, the fact we don't get stalkers' only means his story is not finished.

See it more as an indication of more to come, instead of as a lack.