Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

This quest was incredible and the reactions to it make me sad

49 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

and it's definitely at least mostly guys) aren't comfortable with Jade Shadows because they aren't comfortable seeing depictions of pregnant bodies

Weird generalization, numerous threads here from women, I'm female and very uncomfortable with the idea and image of my unborn child being shot at. And this is from a woman who has chosen not to have children.

Edited by Xylena_Lazarow
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Weird generalization, numerous threads here from women, I'm female and very uncomfortable with the idea and image of my unborn child being shot at. And this is from a woman who has chosen not to have children.

I mean...yeah, by the standards of real life, it's horrific. That's most things in Warframe, when you strip away all the action game power fantasy stuff. But, in the context of the in-game universe, Jade is essentially just existing in the day-to-day life of a warframe, which...is a thing that pregnant people do. It's the equivalent of just going to work for them.

That's how I look at it at least. Everyone draws their line in a different place.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

I mean...yeah, by the standards of real life, it's horrific. That's most things in Warframe, when you strip away all the action game power fantasy stuff. But, in the context of the in-game universe, Jade is essentially just existing in the day-to-day life of a warframe, which...is a thing that pregnant people do. It's the equivalent of just going to work for them.

That's how I look at it at least. Everyone draws their line in a different place.

Yes, people do draw lines for things they are comfortable and uncomfortable with -- that's what people are doing when expressing their feelings about the Jade Shadows content, whatever their opinion is.

This seems unrelated to the refutation of your generalization, however.

Edited by Ha1p
  • Like 1