The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

It is Currently Impossible to Aim the Fishing Spears Before Throwing Them.

Segrud4Gaming

It is currently impossible to aim Fishing Spears when trying to throw them. This issue persists across Open World Sessions and occurs in any Game Mode that you try to pull one of the Spears out in, as well as effecting all types of Spears. While this does not render Fishing impossible, this greatly hinders Accuracy when trying to catch Fish (especially smaller ones) when the Fish don't directly swim towards you.

The video below shows an example of this occurring when I tried to catch Fish for a Riven Challenge: 

This is intended, it's mentioned in the current patch notes:

• Temporarily disabled Aiming Down Sights on fishing spears to prevent a soft-lock issue. 
    • The full fix for this issue requires Code for a future update, so for the time being we have done the above to ensure that players going through Quests with fishing stages are able to complete them without getting stuck. 
  • Like 4

On 2024-06-21 at 4:09 PM, Frostyinferno said:

• Temporarily disabled Aiming Down Sights on fishing spears to prevent a soft-lock issue. 
    • The full fix for this issue requires Code for a future update, so for the time being we have done the above to ensure that players going through Quests with fishing stages are able to complete them without getting stuck. 

Oh damn cheers for this info, I was having this issue the other day too and since I haven't been on for a long time I thought maybe I just couldnt remember wtf to do lol.

Thats sad..,I really enjoy "fishing" and Iam kinda known as the "fisher" in our Warframe group..,without aiming its not even fun.

I hope the "temporarily disabled Aiming Down Sights on fishing spears to prevent a soft-lock issue" wont be for long..

thought i was glitched or harrows stance animation was glitched, still looks cool with the spear though so hope that doesn’t go away, very cool looking from a ocean or lake view of poe with harrows back cross stance holding a fishing spear, check it out it looks great epsically with excalibur umbra

• 3 weeks later...
On 2024-06-21 at 8:09 AM, Frostyinferno said:

Oh, nice to know. I thought it was my PC fault