The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow (Constant view) of MELEE COMBO Counter while using PRIMARY or SECONDARY!

H8FaTe

Combo Counters - Always Viewable no matter weapon being used!

For the longest of time i played warframe and been using my Primaries or my Secondaries.
I sometimes over-endulge myself in the joy of Numbers and kills and not remember i also need to maintain that very precious yet so ANNOYING Melee Combo
Especilly if i want to play around with an Efficient Melee Combo > Convert to Pistol Primer Arcane "Game-Play"

So The issue becomes basicly 2-part issue.

• FIRST you need to Generate Melee COMBO, This is ofc done by just cleaving and slashing...
  • SECONDALY While you using your Primary, Secondary you dont see the "combo-counter" or its "Remaining Duration", This is a major FLAW in the system and should always be introduced as an view in the bottom right, and ALWAYS be displayed if i swap to any Range-weapons
  • THIRDLY The Combo Counter should NEVER deplete while using an Primary or Secondary but be Paused (losing 5-combo) or slowly deplete as Default (not 4sec x12 to x0)

Time to Improve the Melee system for more Efficiency

My suggestion is to take out the Naramon part of melee Combo Decay and make it Default.
(replace combo count-decay in Naramon to Tripple Duration instead with reduced required to reach each Combo Counter stage).

Sadly right now the only way to maintain or "constantly watch" your Combo-Counter is using a Glaive"Throw" with an Pistol.
well Huzzah (i hate this), but why "ONLY" if those are present?

- Melee Counter should be Paused / Slow Decay if using Pistol or Primary.

- Always allow the Combo Counter to be displayed.

- Make Naramon's "Power Spike" Become Default-Gameplay of Melee functionality.
(Note: If Naramon causes Parazon-kill, That should be permanent for the reminder of mission) adding up to always have x12 combo) after enough kills!

........ did i miss something?
I belive i tried to be as accurate and forward of an old system that needs refreshment and improvements and its about time!

• Like 5

Combo counter visible all the time would be great.  One of the nice little perks of Kullervo, as he gets this already.

I'm more conservative on the rest.  I'd like to get rid of combo immediately going to zero too, but I think the decay should be very rapid.   Perhaps 40 per second.  That way combo duration modding is still very useful, and Power Spike doesn't need to change much.   (Although giving it an additional bonus would be nice.)

• Like 2

Im wondering if @[DE]Steve Perhaps could give us some kind of update if this would be a possible near-future update?

Its making me extremely sad when ever i see that i've lost my entire Hard-working Melee Combo Counter.
- No i do not want it to instantly go-away but just Decay...

(and if used with Arcane-Pistol "arcane outburst"?) Melee combo becomes Pistol Crit + crit-dmg
But we would still have the combo if returning to melee (maybe -1x Combo).

Designers should simply look at the addons for WoW. Important information is placed there alongside CrossHair.
But I don't expect much. Because the Addon developers really work and like what they do. The office is actually just about sitting down and drinking coffee. At least that's my experience in large companies.

5 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

The office is actually just about sitting down and drinking coffee

Well DE was alot more active on forums earlier and actully "fixed" bugs within max 2hours from release.

And this is kinda a MAJOR bo-Bo... Design flaw!