Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Chilling Globe (Frost augment) feels completely useless now

Whytee

50% chance to freeze enemies when they enter the snowglobe... OR just unequip the mod (freeing up a VERY valuable warframe mod slot, since Frost needs range+strength+efficiency and nowadays even duration too), and have 100% chance to freeze enemies inside the snowglobe by simply recasting it (by default, no augment required).

Idk, the augment just seems completely worthless now and probably needs adjusting somehow... 

• Like 4

they already start freezing while inside the globe so chilling globe feels like a useless augment, i feel either increasing the tick rate cold procs are applied to make enemies freeze faster or making it so enemies take a guaranteed 5 or 6 procs when they enter to help speed up the freezing inside the globe would help.

• Like 1

I'm confused.  It has always frozen enemies on cast inside the globe without the augment I thought.  You ran the augment because you are away from the globe and soloing excavation.

So that's pretty niche use even before this update.

Edited by Lord_Drod

4 hours ago, Lord_Drod said:

I'm confused.  It has always frozen enemies on cast inside the globe without the augment I thought.  You ran the augment because you are away from the globe and soloing excavation.

So that's pretty niche use even before this update.

Yeah my first reaction was “wasn’t it always”.

Dice roll to maybe not lose an excavator while soloing if you got lucky enough to actually freeze them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Duo_Strikes said:

they already start freezing while inside the globe so chilling globe feels like a useless augment, i feel either increasing the tick rate cold procs are applied to make enemies freeze faster or making it so enemies take a guaranteed 5 or 6 procs when they enter to help speed up the freezing inside the globe would help.

Yeah I was thinking something along the lines of additional cold procs too. Like maybe it applies 2 additional cold status procs whenever a cold status is inflicted, so they become frozen faster, something like that would also combo pretty nice with his Ice Wave augment 

• Like 1