Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have a few questions!

(XBOX)TheSecondSon358

Question

So, I have a few questions. My first one is what is the best way to earn new skins/cosmetics for Warframes and weapons? Also, new color schemes too? Never seem to get any

Second, what is the best way to obtain new companions? My current one is serviceable but would like a new one. 

Lastly, what is the most efficient way to earn those Catalysts? I know you buy via the NIghtwave pass and with Platinum but getting them through BP tends to take a while, at least for me. 

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, (XBOX)TheSecondSon358 said:

So, I have a few questions. My first one is what is the best way to earn new skins/cosmetics for Warframes and weapons? Also, new color schemes too? Never seem to get any

Cosmetics are largely Plat (or real money) purchases,
you can also get certain ones from e.g. Nightwave or Baro.

Some holidays and stuff temporarily add free (1 Credit) Color Palettes to the Market.

Second, what is the best way to obtain new companions? My current one is serviceable but would like a new one. 

There is no single way, it all depends on which Companion you actually want.

Try this to get an overview:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Companion

Personally, I most enjoy Sentinels, having them stick close to you for reliable support fire etc is just neat.
Dethcube for more Energy via Energy Generator or Helios for auto scans are my most-used options there.

Lastly, what is the most efficient way to earn those Catalysts? I know you buy via the NIghtwave pass and with Platinum but getting them through BP tends to take a while, at least for me. 

Plat. Get some via trading, i.e. farm and sell stuff, like Prime parts / sets, or rare Mods.

Do NOT waste NW Cred on Potatoes.
Your priority early on should be to save Cred for / get a good stockpile of Nitain Extract, maybe an Aura or two.

And even if you don't want any Mods / cosmetics / weapons offered there,
it's still better value to sell NW-offered Mods for Plat to then buy Potatoes from the Market.

Edited by NinjaZeku

Hi there friend, I hope you're having a fantastic day! NinjaZeku and Player244024418 have made wonderful posts, much of which I agree with. 

I just wanted to chime in about the potatoes, rarely you can find them in the invasions, you can find them in navigation. Invasions have a few things that can be offered as rewards, and they'll tell you those rewards beforehand, and sometimes those rewards will be a beautiful Orokin Catalyst / Reactor BP! Isn't that wonderful? There's also a daily set of missions, called Sorties, that you can complete for a random reward. You unlock those at MR5 and completion of The War Within. Potatoes are one of the rare rewards that you can get, but a lot of the rewards are fantastic regardless!

Good luck and welcome to the game :D

• Like 1