Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop Chance In Steel Path

(PSN)CUInc

Question

So the description for steel path says that there is a 100% boost for resource drop chance and mod drop chance. However, when trying to run Gabii for cells, im getting similar results to normal Gabii. Shouldn’t I be getting substantially more because of the boost in drop chance and enemy numbers?

2 answers to this question

vor 17 Minuten schrieb (PSN)CUInc:

So the description for steel path says that there is a 100% boost for resource drop chance and mod drop chance. However, when trying to run Gabii for cells, im getting similar results to normal Gabii. Shouldn’t I be getting substantially more because of the boost in drop chance and enemy numbers?

it's just a drop chance. because if it's low, then 100% is hardly worth anything. it gets much better if someone or you have a booster. and then there's also lootwarframe in the group. then I had a much better increase.
that's how I farmed the mods from secret labs back then. because the drop chance was ridiculously low in normal missions.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Corpus_Gas_City#Secret_Laboratories

Depends. 100% increase on an item that hypothetically only has a 2% chance from an enemy, isn't that massive an increase, its still only going to be 4%.  (I don't know what the drop rates for Cells are, on Gabii, hence why I am using a hypothetical example). 

So it also means what does a person mean exactly when they say "I should be getting substantially more", because to one person, that could mean, doing 100 normal Gabii runs with the same Warframe, weapons, etc for the exact same amount of time. Then doing 100 Steel Path runs, with the same Warframe, weapons, and same time, and keeping track of the rewards and then comparing them... and to another different person, they might have just done a few runs and the results were negligible. 

So its the nature of RNG, and how statistics can be, including potentially being misleading. Like... if you did actually do 100 runs each with all the variables as equal as possible (your KPM consistent etc), yes, the Steel Path version, should statistically give you more resources, but whether its barely noticeable or substantial will depend on your perspective of what a hypothetical 2% increase is and should mean. 

I hope that makes sense. 

To put it another way, sometimes without a Resource Drop Booster, in a normal mission, I run a Void mission and get an Argon Crystal in the first minute, of an Exterminate. I may do a Steel Path Survival and have to wait until 5 minutes to get one, even with a Booster. That being said... generally, over the hundreds of runs over the years, I usually do in fact, get far more Resources in Steel Path, in a way which makes statistical sense with the advertised drop rates. 

Personally I really liked the Helene farm, for Orokin Cells, when there was a Relic Fissure, Defence, because it was great for levelling, you can open Relics, and Relics means you can build up additional Resource Drop Chances, and Resource Drops on top of the SP drop chance. That would be my recommendation if you are hunting for Orokin Cells. Good luck.