Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Ideas for some possible Simulacrum Changes/ Misc Changes and some additions.

Scarpsychic

Posted (edited)

*Before you read*
I'm Scarpsychic (in game alias) I am about almost 1000 (ingame) hours in and I wanted to give my educated opinion on some potential (mainly) Simulacrum Changes and yes this is a LENGTHY read so don't read if you cant handle text walls, and id love to hear anyone's reactions/opinions on any and all subject matter you are about to read, Enjoy and see ya around Tenno

So imma say a few things that I think People have already said first.

1, There should be a Favorites/Resents tab for units you've either Tagged as (Favorite) or used a lot in the past sessions.
2, Please for the LOVE of god make mods upgradeable in there, it the ONLY place with a arsenal that doesn't allow mods to be upgraded.
3, If you allow multiple people in there please make the arsenal accessible by all players in that instance of the simulacrum. I know this is possible because of the 1 arsenal in my dojo that I've seen 4+ people use at once.
4, Please add a toggle for conditionals (example, Molt Augmented, Molt Efficiency etc.) Because when I go into the testing chambers I don't want to be there an additional amount of time re-maxxing out my Molt stacks to see where my STR and DUR are and any other stats are,  and EVERY TIME I swap something around in the arsenal as well, its a HUGE waste of time. (something like this would also be great in the regular arsenal, anywhere, so you can see where your build will be with the 250x stacks or any other arcane)
5, I get Cephalon Simaris can be somewhat useless but there no inherit reason to lock the simulacrum from new players behind a 50k standing pay wall I get new players probably arent gunna use the simulacrum all that much but its a useful thing that everyone should have access to immediately. (in my opinion)
6, Make the Simulacrum accessible from the ship in some way, maybe like how the Captura is accessible from the appearance tab in the arsenal on any warframe     
7. (I'm not sure if this is already a thing) Make specter's in the gear wheels infinite use in the simulacrum (obv with a spawn cap)

Now on to the additions I don't know if people have asked for or not and I think might be Possible changes that COULD happen.

1, Please add another option in the pause menu or somewhere where you can see where your weapon stats are to, with all the buffs you're trying, similarly to how if you have 250x on your molt augmented you can; Pause > Abilities to look at your increased STR and how it effects your abilities. Another conditional toggle might be good here but with the buffs you can get from companions its might get a little funky. 
              This is more for the players (like myself) who wanna see exactly how much multi shot im gaining from all of my buffs (this would also make it easier for new players who dont get the math in this game to see what is happening)
2, Make a unit that you can Toggle/Spawn to the side where its invincible (exactly like the test dummy from the duviri loadout room) but can still be effected by abilities so you can test your DPS on something without fear of it dying and a general DPS counter would be a nice improvement

3, (BIG ONE) Make a Map for the simulacrum that is a piece of a larger tile set that allows you to spawn in objectives and enemies in a style like Defense/Survival/Excavation/Disruption and allows you to control the spawn rate in terms of mission time elapsed. Examples being:       
Spawn Rate for: 10 minutes in
Spawn Rate for: 30 minutes in      (this would be a slider preferably) 
Spawn Rate for: 1 hour in 
So on and so forth,
So people can stress test their builds with out having to wait an hour in a random Steel Path Survival just to find out they cant survive.
The other part of this would be, being able to spawn in defense targets both static ones and operatives to see how good you can defend them against enemies.
This would also mean enemies would need to drop the things for Objectives to work (example: Excavator Power Cells, Disruption Conduit Keys, Survival Personal Life Support Modules)

(more likely application) If this is all to much for for one map, they could be separated into different maps where when you select which map you'd like to use the simulacrum with, You can choose a map labeled (Survival), (Extraction), (Defense), (Disruption) ect. where these simulacrum maps play like said modes 

And to add more use to Cephalon Simaris the new maps would be accessed by spending a large amount of standing in his offering shop.

This is an idea that I DONT think will ever happen but ill still write it for people to see and judge accordingly.

Seeing as how the simulacrum is meant to be where we test our builds and see how they can preform, It would be nice if the simulacrum was a (semi) full sand box type experience.          This meaning as follows:
#1, Having access to all (obtainable) mods and arcanes, Max Ranked (also allowing the removal of ranks)
#2, Having Unlimited Forma (of ALL types) that DOESNT reset the level                                                              (REMINDER THIS IS ALL ONLY IN THE SIMULACRUM)
#3, Having a Helminth system that is free to use and has unlimited archon shards of all colors and types (normal and touforged) 
                   (this does take into account your Helminth level and what you have unlocked this will be further explained)

To further elaborate, This would only work on weapons/frame/companions you actually own this ISN'T  unrestricted access it's strictly for testing purposes 
this would allow players to create builds that they can work towards to both in the present and the future  

The only part the helminth takes into account is weather you actually own something or not and would show up like normally in the chair 
(But the more likely option) would be only being able to fiddle around with helminth abilities you already own 
If you do not have the Helminth unlocked normally same with archon shards these will also be inaccessible to prevent potential lore spoilers  

I would also want this feature to include a "Simulacrum Config Loadout System" of sorts where you can save these builds and apply them to your stuff
If you are missing anything from the loadout it will come up with a segmented list detailing what you're missing for the build, Being:  Mods, Endo (for upgrading mods) ,Credits, Helminth resource amounts (bile, synthetic's, oxides ect.) and all the regular resources as well, Looking something like this:  
(p.s. wrote this on a laptop so spacing might look a bit weird for mobile readers)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mods Missing: 2
Primed Sure Footed, Max rank - ENDO: 40,920  CREDITS: 1,976,436
Transient Fortitude, Max rank - ENDO: 30,690  CREDITS: 1,482,327
           ENDO 99,000/71,610  CREDITS: 2,980,782/3,458,759
Needed: CREDITS: 477,977

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abilities Missing: 1   (sry idk the helminth resource values for Xatas whisper but it'd look something like this)
Xatas Whisper - 0%/75% BILE,  100%/50% Synthetics  30%/30% Biotics  

Needed: 75% BILE
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope this send my message across.

This would all accessible when you are modding a weapon/warframe/companion that has a (simulacrum config) that you have already made,
Or alternatively these could also be seen in the inventory or a sub-section of the already existing loadout screen  

Equipping the loadout would be similar to equipping a mod config from chat, you would get a box requiring you to select a config to override and type "Override" to confirm (this wouldn't happen if the selected config was empty) and the list that would come up would NOT prevent you from equipping everything YOU CAN its just a reminder showing you what you need to fully complete the build and yes this would be toggleable both in the full loadout screen for all every simulacrum loadout, and in the selected loadout individually as well. so it isn't intrusive 

Now onto the Misc. Changes (some past asks will be reiterated here)

1, live DPS counter 
2, Please make a option in settings to automatically skip the "Mission Failed" and "Mission Successful" screens because 1 half the time they don't work and 2 when im speed running bosses its extra time waiting for the buttons to come up than hitting escape or clicking exit (this is just the speed runner in me)
3, When Equipping mod configs from chat please make it so when you select an EMPTY config you DONT have to type override 
4, A Conditionals Toggle switch in the loadout for Weapons and Warframes so you can see how much you're getting out of the arcanes/mods 
5, Make some visual changes to K-Drive races so we know where we can do certain things like grind and PLEASE change the color of the gates on Nekralisk, the red gates work fine on Fortuna with the Blue/silver/white/black color scheme but the red gates on top of the red/orange/yellow/black color scheme of deimos makes it rly hard for visually impaired people like myself to see the gates. 
6, Make every type of slot (weapon, companion, warframe ect.) Buildable like forma, or add another acquisition method because currently the only methods of obtaining slots are warframe or weapon twitch drops, Noras night as a RANK UP reward or for plat which all of the above are a major turn offs for new players. IF you REALLY cant make them buildable at least throw them in Nora's shop or make them another thing you can by for standing somewhere, or a bounty reward. (for later-game players) Throw them in the arbitration loot pool (so i actually have a reason to play these alerts) or rewards shop, maybe iron wake, maybe in the elite deep archa?  OR the archon fight.
7,(I've never tried this so idk, i don't think its a thing) Make it so if you and another player hit the "Start Race" on a K-Drive race within 3/5 sec of each other make it so they can actually race them, or make it another action to "Challenge another Player" And similarly to how conclave is its own syndicate you can make these races off they're own syndicate maybe this is another way to get loadout slots???  

Finally onto the last segment of this WALL of text I'm posting Some game addition recommendations

1, Hear me out,  Archwing Races, I think these could be really fun ESSPECIALLY if you could race players in real time or specters or past players so you can "Feel" the competition  
1.5, Railjack Races (they would 100% need to fix the whole thing first but it would be pretty cool)
2, Modular Archwings this would add a "goal" to the Archwing races (I'm not sure about abilities but it's just something) 

This is all, thank you for reading if you have. this took me EXACTLY 3h to write 

Edited by Scarpsychic