Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else breaking mentally trying to farm legendary arcanes?

On 2024-07-04 at 8:45 PM, AConfusedBird said:

i might be the only player wholeheartedly enjoying ascension. 😂 as a zephyr main, three-hundred-meter giant-elevator-shaft is like a maneuverability dream come true. boing boing swoop float jump~

Me with my Telos Boltace and zooping up as big hulking Hildryn

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WERElektro said:

I asked wether people think a 2kk cred tax to trade an arcane pays off.

that takes a very short amount of time. like 10-20 minutes depending on if you have booster or not. Even on the slower end for clearing profit taker. 10-20 minutes is probably not the deal breaker when it comes to making 1k plat compared to the time it takes to farm a max energize.

Yeah or maybe I don't have the time to farm  creds despite being mr 28 ?

I am well aware of that. But maybe I don't want to join in with pubs for profit taker every time I need bunch o creds.

Town hall 10 with level 5 walls vibes coming from these statements. 💀

9 hours ago, Lord_Drod said:

I just want to add, if you hunted and did 2 night sessions a day, both being tri caps

Another caddy response. I must be special, right? No. I didn't start day one with amps, amp arcanes, proper weapons nor did I even know how to hunt Eidolons, what eidolons were, the wiki, formas, mechs, etc. My first single eidolon solo took me 40 minutes to take down. This forum is filled with such ego douches it's mind blowing the cluelessness. Game should be renamed EliteFrame. Your username checks out. Happy 4th! lol

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

My first single eidolon solo took me 40 minutes to take down.

Tridolons are a lot easier to do now then at or near the release of them assuming you aren't speed running them. It's obviously slower cause of the summon time, but if your goal is a tricap a night (solo or in a chill squad) arquebex on the necramech just deletes Eidolons with pretty low investment, and necramech farming has never been easier. Focus farming is also a lot easier than ever before. High Tier Lens are given out a lot more, they give a flat amount for picking up an orb. And I'd argue for none-speed run eidolon runs void strike will do a lot more compared to having optimal amp setups cause those are still quite time consuming to get. Although even just a Cetus amp is manageable, even if you'd rather have access to the tier 7 parts.

Like, the ceiling for tri-caps is still really, really high, speed running tri-caps takes a LOT of effort and really high quality gear. But the floor is no where near as high as it used to be. It's still not for new players, but like, I'd say by the time someone is about to do TNW quest or a bit after it is when they're capable to do a solo tri cap in a night rotation. Cause at that point you have access to a necramech and also likely have access to a frame that can keep lures alive. I'm not super familiar with how the new changes have sped up focus grind... but I can't imagine getting void strike being that difficult to get at that point in the game.

I taught a friend to do a solo tri-cap at around MR 14 post TNW. Had a decent Necramech build and Trinity, did not have a great amp, better than the mote but not ideal, but they played a decent amount of the zariman content so their arcanes made up for it, were deep enough into the focus grind to have a lot of madurai unlocked. Legitimately the hardest part for them was Lure management getting them charged isn't intuitive, cause they don't know how voms spawn.

Edited by stormy505

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Another caddy response. I must be special, right? No. I didn't start day one with amps, amp arcanes, proper weapons nor did I even know how to hunt Eidolons, what eidolons were, the wiki, formas, mechs, etc. My first single eidolon solo took me 40 minutes to take down. This forum is filled with such ego douches it's mind blowing the cluelessness. Game should be renamed EliteFrame. Your username checks out. Happy 4th! lol

You make a lot of assumptions.  I started off the exact same as you.  I obviously had crap amp, moved to shraksun, moved to fortuna parts, the standard progression.  40 mins sounds about right for a first time solo.  My point was it doesn't take a year and a half to max that arcane if you're playing regularly with others.  And it doesn't take that long to upgrade your gear to make it significantly faster or easier. 

@stormy505 summed it up pretty nicely and mechs have been out a pretty long time.  I haven't hunted in years and I avoided recruit chat and it's also one of my least favorite missions in game because of the high amount of toxic players I ran into there.  Although now, or even the past couple years I'm sure tri caps are a lot more chill.   

And like I said, energize is overrated unless you are using an exalted or spamming abilities constantly or just want more EHP or a huge shield gate pool.  There's a lot of ways to get health orbs too now, which can be picked up on full and boost your energy without a cooldown, so you can pick a more useful arcane.  It's definitely worth owning, but it  just isn't as powerful or as necessary as it once was.