Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel Gameplay Feedback

Kylo.

I have been playing Grendel a bit, after ignoring him for the past 3 years or so and I found a few things, well one thing mainly.

Whenever I use my first ability to swallow something, sometimes it wouldn't work, sometimes the enemies are dead in my belly within 2 seconds or something.

I need to constantly eat because it gives me armour right, so I keep hitting 1 all the time trying to keep the enemies in my belly.

Now I need enemies in my belly to use second ability and fourth ability.

All this leads to half the gameplay being me trying to find enemies and using my first ability, while I would much rather use my first ability from time to time and and actually use my second and fourth ability and my weapons.

I think this would be solved by introducing some kind of resource that gets generated whenever an enemy is being 'processed' in the belly and slowly degenerate.

Second and Fourth ability would require this new resource + energy.

• Like 1

True. The enemy cap is too low and the digestion/usage is too fast. The digestion is also an anti synergy on his 4 as it scales off enemy current health rather than enemy max health. Nourish is also forced dependency as it can't be casted empty. The rework only solved pinball fun and nourish clutter, and then gutted his gut and forced him to puke.

• Like 1

If you use Roar on Grendel, the true damage % max health dealt to enemies in your gut is also accelerated. Also enemies who have a hefty amount of status proc may also instantly die while you're trying to feast on them (overguarded enemies are a great example, since you can't feast until their overguard is removed, you're likely to overkill them once it's gone).

It also amplifies the damage dealt by Nourish to enemies in your gut, so you can basically feast and oneshot whatever is in there, actually very practical in Netracells.

• 3 weeks later...

Enemies in Grendels Belly SHOULD NOT take damage.  This is his resource for casting his other abilities.  

• Pulverize's damage and range is affected by the enemies in his belly,  but every time you jump,  poof,  most of the guys die and there goes your range/damage.  You are NEVER at max range/damage with Pulverize for more than a few seconds.
  • Getting hit triggers a pulse that sends out a viral attack???  I think this can kill guys in your belly.
  • rolling regenerates grendel's HP but I think this also kills guys in his belly faster.

--Bug:  Spitting guys out with his new 4th....I Have seen multiple times with infested where the enemies I spit out become invinc to all damage from everyone including grendel.   The only way to kill them is to suck them back up with his 1.  

--Bug:   I was using Oxylyst sentinel for a little bit after pet rework on my grendel.   I Noticed several times grendel would get stuck beneath Oxylyst upon loading into a mission.   While standing I couldn't move or jump in any direction.   I had to crouch and move out from under him.  My Oxylyst I think had Duplex Bond which I think may be part of the problem?

=========

But for real all I want from Grendel is to enhale some enemies and roll around at max size and that never happens or never happens for more than 1 second.  Spit is great but its not why I play grendel.  ( I totally agree/understand with limiting the number of guys you can enhale but that was another great way to play grendel that you killed.)

Please cure grendel's tiny balls. 

Il y a 3 heures, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ a dit :

--Bug:   I was using Oxylyst sentinel for a little bit after pet rework on my grendel.   I Noticed several times grendel would get stuck beneath Oxylyst upon loading into a mission.   While standing I couldn't move or jump in any direction.   I had to crouch and move out from under him.  My Oxylyst I think had Duplex Bond which I think may be part of the problem?

It's a Duplex Bond problem, the clones are solid objects you can collide with, unlike every other pet and sentinel.

Edited by Fred_Avant_2019