Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the 1999 demo at TennoCon 2024 [spoilers]

BloodForCavalero

Good evening.

My sister and I caught every hour of TennoCon 2024 on Twitch. Laughed and cried all the way through.

When it came to the demo of 1999, my sister was excited at the idea of a "bike", but it turned out to be a motorcycle. She really wanted a kid's bike - playing card in the back spokes to go "brrrrr" as she went, those beads for bicycle spokes, handle bar tassels, and the bell that goes "ding". We even talked about how silly Nidus Prime (her main) and Oberon Prime (my main) would look hunched over riding one.

Skins to think about? Or just a silly thought?

On 2024-07-21 at 1:06 AM, OrionHisSon said:

Skins to think about? Or just a silly thought?

IMHO, the second :-)

Mind you, I love riding my bicycle! (in RL, I mean). I use it more often than my car.

But I see no room in WF for a bicycle - not to mention a kiddy one!

Although WF contains a dose of self-irony, it's essentially a power fantasy. A bicycle is so weak and powerless it would sounds like a parody, something to laugh at and ridicule. You're right a frame riding one would look totally silly: it's the right opposite of power. A bicycle is so the opposite of what a warframe represents (power, speed, strength, excellence, unstoppable) that it's anti-WF. :-)

(and that's coming from a bicycle lover)

OTOH, a motorcycle CAN represent those WF qualities (powerful, fast, strong...), so it's a good pairing.

Edited by Pulsar63