Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Blueprints from Requiem Relics

Voltage

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:
1 hour ago, quxier said:
4 hours ago, Voltage said:
4 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

This is entirely optional and completely not worth it. I have done that zero times for weapons, most I got to is 3 for weapons I actually use. I even skipped the LVL 10 Gunnery intrisics. I am LR4 without any problems.

Mastery Rank is core progression. If you wish to ignore that, that's fine for you, but the game encourages you to eventually max it out. You can't fall behind "it's optional" for everything just because video games are an entertainment medium. We're not talking about cosmetics, we're talking about loot progression in a looter shooter.

Expand  

I don't find MR rank to be "core progression" at higher MR ranks. At rank ~16 you can get all weapons/frames (afair). At MR 30 you can Bless, can re-forma stuff without negatives (and maybe something else). However that doesn't mean that MR 16 cannot compete with MR 30. Later in game getting good mods, arcanes and frame/weapon combinations are more important than just acquiring every single Exp.

I'm MR 30 myself. I can probably go few ranks up but I haven't bothered with Tests. I keep most of my gear maxed but without forma/potato. And I'm doing fine.

It is the OP who started the topic with "gotta milk that mastery from Kuva/Tenet weapons", not me or anyone else. Feel free to discuss it with him, not with me or anyone responding to me, responding to him.

Umm... Huston, we have problem. I'm responding to the OP but... he is responding to your post AS WELL. Not sure what to do now. :|

Posted (edited)
On 2024-07-26 at 9:52 AM, quxier said:

Then maybe add something "different" yet helpful? You can acquire forma blueprint via random relic run. That's a fact. Can we add forma to Requiem relics? Maybe. Do we have to? no.

So, what about making drops better? Maybe:

- make Exilus adapter build already (it's rare)

- put more Kuva, at least for 1 roll (3500 afair)

- change useless 1 Silver for Riven ciphers and Riven trasmutater (blueprint probably)

- differentiate requiem relics - so R1 have Riven cipher and R2 can have Riven transmuter

- add different version based on factions (Kuva lich, Sister, Infested) that provides different rewards (2 uncommon mods stays)

- for example Tenet relic could give corrupted holokeys

Built Exilus Adapter won't happen as it undermines the Market purchases. It's the reason we have 600+ unique Relics since the removal of Tower Void and there's not one built Forma reward. With that said, you do bring up some interesting ideas. I just think it's much less effort from the developers for implementation (and more realistic and feasible to see as players) to have one reward swapped out that would benefit everyone.

I don't want to get too off topic quoting/arguing over the opinion to ignore the game's progression. That's not a focus of this topic, nor my problem to address. If you want to sit on a pile of low investment and mediocre loadouts, be my guest. I know Warframe is in an unfortunate position now where as a looter shooter, the loot is much less significant than it should be. It's sad, but I'd like to shift attention towards additions that enrich the experience for everyone, whether they care to progress or not. People who don't wish to progress won't be affected negatively by changes like what is proposed, because they're not invested anyways.

I want to focus on this specific topic and the request to increase the value of Requiem Relics with rewards that are more complimentary to the system they are in, especially with the upcoming release of Infested adversaries.

Edited by Voltage

Posted (edited)
On 2024-07-26 at 8:52 AM, Zakkhar said:

Yes, we keep seeing that content and its mechanics always gives at least one out and does not require setting every weapon up. I have been using 30/30 Mastery fodders in EDA just fine (if a weapon is good, even with 30 capacity and modding knowledge it can be valid in this content, if it is bad you can eventually prime with it or just equip it and never use it, but not amount of forma investement will make it as good as a weapon with much better bse stats).

Strongly disagree.

I use optional as synonym of "not mandatory to be able to experience full content/max the progression/succeed." And I consider this not an opinion or argument, but a fact, based on practical evidence that it is in fact not mandatory, myself included. 

Not entirely correct. Investing in weapons you like, gonna use and are powerful is a meaninful progression. Mindless investing in everything just to tick all boxes is a waste of time. Yes, I know it is a waste of time because I have invested in multiple weapons with weak base stats but interesting gimmick and they are still underperforming compared to staple items.

In other grinding games you also do not "socket" or "bless" or "enhance"  weak items, just the top ones and simply discarding the weak items after they served their time in order to focus on the more powerful ones is considered gear progression.

I never claimed it is somehow a problem to me. I just said that if we get a statement IF A then B and A is false, there is no reason to even consider B. If you find me a better A than "we must Forma each weapon 5 times for 1000 Mastery" I am willing to reconsider the statement.

You're going off on a long tangent justifying your lack of engagement and investment into the progression of Warframe. It doesn't matter, and you don't need to prove to me that you can ignore many things about the game and still get through it. This topic is aimed to improve the value of Requiem Relics no matter your personal opinion on your investment with the nemesis system and its rewards. There is not one downside to replacing a single Ayatan Amber Star for a Forma blueprint in a Requiem Relic, which is within late-game content with late-game gear rewards. The only possible negative opinion you could have of this change is if you personally value a single Ayatan Amber Star more than a Forma blueprint, in which case you should not be at the stage of participating in Kuva Liches or Sisters of Parvos. That's just me being honest here.

To quote myself from above:

27 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I don't want to get too off topic quoting/arguing over the opinion to ignore the game's progression. That's not a focus of this topic, nor my problem to address. If you want to sit on a pile of low investment and mediocre loadouts, be my guest. I know Warframe is in an unfortunate position now where as a looter shooter, the loot is much less significant than it should be. It's sad, but I'd like to shift attention towards additions that enrich the experience for everyone, whether they care to progress or not. People who don't wish to progress won't be affected negatively by changes like what is proposed, because they're not invested anyways.

I want to focus on this specific topic and the request to increase the value of Requiem Relics with rewards that are more complimentary to the system they are in, especially with the upcoming release of Infested adversaries.

If you have further elaboration that actually contributes to the proposed feedback in OP, I'm willing to discuss it (like quxier's suggestion to shift around more Requiem Relic rewards for things like Corrupted Holokeys, more Kuva, and other changes). However, there's nothing of value in preaching ignorance of game progression to complete content through the lens of arguing insignificance in effort of gear progression in a looter shooter like this. Your value in mediocrity within your arsenal isn't a universal truth, nor is it a point to refute improvements like this thread proposes.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1