The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which prime warframe to buy early game to complete the game

IAkashGargI

Question

I am new player to warframe. I want spend some money and buy 1 warframe that could complete entire game. I have watched multiple videos but confused since everyone has different opinion. There is 1 warframe Saryn that everyone mentiones. Should I go ahead with it ? 

On 2024-08-13 at 10:37 PM, Ventura_Highway said:

He was one of the first ones I considered, but I feel like his kill potential is lacking (I think his 4 hasn't been adjusted for the damage rework, not sure of impact) and I don't know when a new player can acquire half-decent guns. Although, looking at the MR list it doesn't seem unfeasible to tell someone to go to Fortuna, make a Catchmoon and not worry about firepower for quite some time.

EDIT: I mean to reiterate if the OP ended up getting Revenant I wouldn't complain, there's a lot of valid options as long as proper modding is done, but I think Styanax is my #1 option.

EDIT2: Vermisplicer is going by MR requirements theoretically a fast option for a good crowdkiller gun but I somewhat doubt it is that accessible in practice.

Not to mention a new player wouldn't be sitting on maxed rank blind rage, transient fortitude etc so we're likely looking at 7-8 charges. Which might be pretty hectic gameplay. 

I think the best choice would be gauss tbh. Plus it's cheap, defensive, offensive, fast, nuker, buffer. Whatever you want gauss can do. Buffs that scale with duration is pretty op.

Dante, Dante is great as your first purchase non-prime warframe. He as it all without the need for weapon dependant.
Have overguard, auto personal turret, damage amp, exalted weapon, summon that taunt enemy.
Given that its easy to farm Dante, but its too far in the game for a new player to get him.

For prime is Revenant, self sustain Defence, massive mind control that distract enemy from objective, adaptive damage, and his 3rd..... can focus any good single target boss, and  functional augment. Add modified abilities like Xata Whispers to handle archon or Pillage for armor strip.

My top 5 (solo) end game frame:

1. Revenant - super tanky/good crowd control/easy to play

2. Dante - super duper tanky overguard/good buff/good cc/nuke

3. Volt - speed/buff/nuke

4. Octavia - dps/AFK

5. Wukong - slam monkey

I think Caliban as a Starter is OP. 50% passive damage reduction for everyone. Summons that grant shield/overshield, take aggro and clean any enemies. AoE and strip defense. Doesn't need anything to work ; Intensify + Flow + Stretch + Continuity + Vitality/Redirection and you are already too strong for the game.