The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

The 2x form blueprint should be something more universal for relics.

Why can the 2x form thing only be for relics at the silver level of enhancement? I think it would be much better if, regardless of the relic's improvement, I received 2x of that, I normally only choose form when I get frustrated and what I want doesn't come, so 2x is much more relieving of my frustration if it is something that is always guaranteed.

The 2x forma in the silver slot is there, because all forma drops either silver or bronze used to give 1 forma bp, this garnered a lot of frustration because you'dd get a higher chance at essentially a bronze drop when upgrading those relics. So now to improve that they made the silver ones 2x. I think this change did what needed to happen, when you are opening relics silver drops will occur regularly even when running intact. That answers your "why?"?

As for your proposition, it would make the bronze forma entries too overpowered and forma is one of the main things DE makes money on. Also there needs to be a distinction between the bronze rewards and the silver rewards.

• Like 7

On 2024-08-23 at 3:41 AM, 3xt1inct said:

As for your proposition, it would make the bronze forma entries too overpowered and forma is one of the main things DE makes money on. Also there needs to be a distinction between the bronze rewards and the silver rewards.

Exactly this. Forma hasn't been touched in a long time because of the fact that DE makes a large portion of their income on it. I had discussions years ago about how forma grind could be improved, but at the end of the day, everything boiled down to "DE wont ever change f2p forma because it will mess with their income stream in a negative way." 

I'm honestly surprised they changed forma drops at all. I fully expected forma to never be touched.

• Like 2

My complaint w/ Forma is that it's one of those things that I'd really like to build in batches instead of 1 at a time. If I dig too deep into my reserve at once, it can be literal weeks before I have a respectable stock built back up.

Though I suppose if it's their money-maker, they are disincentivized towards making the process convenient. Maybe they'll allow limited batch crafting the day they also introduce more pre-built Forma bundles of increasingly larger size? like, "yeah you can wait 24 hours for 2-3 Forma to finish cooking, or you can drop some plat on bundles of 7, 10, or 14 Forma." A girl can dream, I guess.

On 2024-08-23 at 4:41 AM, 3xt1inct said:

I don't think DE will go bankrupt by making farming more enjoyable, sorry but I disagree. I have about 1700 hours of play, I've never spent real money on it, I thought the biggest source of income was buying skins and slots, and I've already spent that. The only thing I'm asking is that the 2x bp bonus also goes to the bronze level of the relic, I don't believe Digital Extremes will close its doors for such a thing.

3 hours ago, RafMatador22 said:

I don't think DE will go bankrupt by making farming more enjoyable, sorry but I disagree. I have about 1700 hours of play, I've never spent real money on it, I thought the biggest source of income was buying skins and slots, and I've already spent that. The only thing I'm asking is that the 2x bp bonus also goes to the bronze level of the relic, I don't believe Digital Extremes will close its doors for such a thing.

They have discussed this in detail that forma is the main way the game makes it's money, its simple, slots and skins have limited purchases/account. Forma will always be useful and could be useful in manier cases, so players will always need/ want more forma as long as they play the game, this is also the reason why you plea for an easier time getting forma. Thus they sell a whole lot more of forma than anything else.

• Like 1

On 2024-08-22 at 8:07 PM, RafMatador22 said:

Why can the 2x form thing only be for relics at the silver level of enhancement? I think it would be much better if, regardless of the relic's improvement, I received 2x of that, I normally only choose form when I get frustrated and what I want doesn't come, so 2x is much more relieving of my frustration if it is something that is always guaranteed.

Cue complaints of "WTF do I get the same reward at silver as at bronze?  SMH DE."

All DE did was address the weird dissonance for players of getting a common reward in the uncommon tier.  DE isn't going to turn around and bring the issue right back by making those rewards the same again.   And reduce  forma sales as a bonus.

• Like 3