The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lotus Eaters: Hotfix 36.1.3

[DE]Megan

Hot take: 

Prime helms designs seem to be dropping the ball lately. I gave it a few days to settle in, but still Sevagoth's looks oddly low-poly and unfinished to me. There's elements of it I really want to like, but the dangly chord/ponytail seems so out-of-place, fidelity-wise, with its octagonal frame skeleton really glaring with the cheap spiraling texture. The front-tips of his helm ending wide and flat are completely out-of-place within his consistent sharp-and-pokey-bits style, and not out-of-place in a good complimentary contrast way. A bad way. And only two layers of eye-V's on either side just seems like such a downgrade over the intricacy of what he's got going on his base vanilla helm. 

And alas, the helm is also the weakest point of his Shadow's design too (though at least it's pointy like it ought to be). I like the idea that's gone for, with the 'hair' chords let loose to flow out back wildly, but the execution is just... off.

It's like one person handled modeling the bodies, another modeled the helms, and they barely talked to one another. And one really didn't care as much as the other. Or is it some subtle strategy to push skin sales? If so, that's a bit silly since the deluxes already tend to be so good we get them anyway, without any extra nudges. 

On 2024-08-27 at 5:24 PM, Binket_ said:

So...

Auto-Melee Toggle?
I'd be nice. Real nice. Super nice! Ultra nice, really.
Just unfathomably swell.

Do it already.

To piggyback off of this, could we get a toggle for Statuses to inherit Energy Color again?
Lord knows when they'll look at accessibility options again, they might as well knock out both of these in one go.

Two accessibility options currently being forced onto all players, and I hate them both.
I prefer my melee combos requiring me to actively input the button, and hate my combo routes being screwed up because I held the button down for a fraction of a second too long.
I also prefer my status effects to blend into one consolidated color, rather than have all statuses assaulting my eyes at once.

Please. I'm begging you. I'm willing to throw down money for Regal Aya the second these are done.

Edited by FaraTenno
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, FaraTenno said:

Two accessibility options currently being forced onto all players, and I hate them both.
I prefer my melee combos requiring me to actively input the button, and hate my combo routes being screwed up because I held the button down for a fraction of a second too long.
I also prefer my status effects to blend into one consolidated color, rather than have all statuses assaulting my eyes at once.

EXACTLY-- it's insane how many people just dismiss it because "lmao, just don't hold the button down". REBECCA.
It really feels like most players just go for Melee Speed at no less than 3 because it's "more DPS".

I'd rather cleaner and more satisfactory strikes rather than a Looney-Tunes fight cloud.
Likewise, I actually enjoyed my unique Black+Orange energy color and how it affected targets.

While I do feel a toggle for "Colored Statuses" would be nice, it may be a bit more to work with-- depending on they implemented it.
... but Auto-Melee isn't that much different from say... Channeling or Void Blast. DE can absolutely give the option to turn it on/off.
Even more so since it doesn't have deeper mechanics tied to it. Ala "Channeling Mods" that had to be reworked or Operator abilities relying on Void Blast.

The fact that DE just shoved them on us with no real option to play without it drives me NUTS.

It's only a matter of time before they forced that on guns too, despite some guns that would absolutely HATE that.
Snipers are a major example, as the Sniper-Combo associated with them relies on not missing a shot. (If a shot doesn't hit anything, it lowers the combo.)
If they forced all guns to be Full-Auto and there's a Wisp in the squad? You just lose Sniper Combo because "oops, you held the button too long".
Knowing DE's antics too? They would absolutely throw it in for "ALL GUNS"-- regardless if it's a good idea.

• Like 1

• [DE]Megan unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic