The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

maginav signa offset still high even after the hotfix

i think the maginav signa still sits too high and too far behind even after the hotfix that states it was fixed atleast in my opinion. could be better if it could pushed lower and forward and would match the helmet design of few frames

dT5LU8T.png

N1txRTg.png

JhP3zGx.png

• Like 10

With how big and tilted forward the signa is, I agree it should be lowered more. Even at max settings for FOV you can still barely see it above your head in the orbiter. With the design of this signa, there is no reason to have it flying so far away like a sentinel. Lowering the position even more could cause some clipping issues, but all other signas lowest settings majorly clip into the model anyways. Some clipping would be better than it not looking good on all warframes except Sevagoth Prime.

Below is the positioning after the hotfix on Volt:
eUnKUks.jpeg

Here is a quick photoshop edit of how it would look lowered even more:
1vF1hzy.jpeg

Though the difference isn’t much, it is still a much better fit on basic warframe helmets that looks more like a hat than a halo. Another option could be to add more position customization for all signas, maybe the ability to rotate? Rotating would enhance the signa fashion tremendously and help signas like the Maginav Prime to fit better on different helmets. Another complicated option would be a resizing tool for signas which would help this one look less tall.

Edited by Zedarune
Expanded more on the topic of further customization for signas.
  • Like 7

Would love for this to gain traction. While I am grateful they pushed out a fix so quickly, and while it is much better than at launch, in my opinion the lowest y setting is still annoyingly high, and the maximum y setting is ludicrously high. Like "no one would ever set it this high" high. I believe that they should move the entire gamut down even further. As Zedarune mentioned, clipping is simply going to happen no matter what. It's on the players to set it to the correct level for each frame. But as it is, I can't get this to look good because the "right" height is just not allowed.

Also by "high" I mean far back. In other words, It should be able to come more forward. 

Edited by (PSN)ntruss77
Spelling, elaborating on phrasing
  • Like 4

Been giving this some thought after asking another pass for Sevagoth Prime since its intended position was correct pre patch, although now it's not as bothersome to me neither once adjusted despite the gap, however, given Signas are becoming more and more prominent, it's a liked and well popular attachment and all the conflicts and lackings present with the current menu (mixed with Armors + Ephemeras; missing reset axis button and numeric values, not being able to adjust Z and Y separately) and given it's a per frame and per config slot thing, I'd like more to have a proper submenu with all these features. Otherwise they'll be chasing a solution that I'm afraid will never please enough.

So I'd avoid adjusting and start working on that at this stage.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Mayhomb said:

Yes, after the hotfix it is still very high, I regret buying it. I don't use it on any warframe... 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

On some of the Tennogen helmets and even regular prime helmets for the smaller frames like Trinity it literally floats so high it doesn’t even come close to touching the head. They should really just lower it so it will be able to clip into the helmet like a proper hat. 

• Like 3

hace 10 horas, cephalon_slay dijo:

On some of the Tennogen helmets and even regular prime helmets for the smaller frames like Trinity it literally floats so high it doesn’t even come close to touching the head. They should really just lower it so it will be able to clip into the helmet like a proper hat. 

Exaclty, I would even dare to say that the Signa Maginav should pierce the helmet, just as they did with the Legacy Signas of Frost and Mag 

• Like 6