The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Weapon types

I'm still pretty new, just started playing after Jade Shadows came out, so my arsenal isn't super full yet. Today I took a look at the sortie and said ya looks good, did the first 2 missions no problem and then came the third which is sniper only. I figured my Kuva Chakurr would do the job but upon trying to start the mission I was prompted with "you must have a sniper in your loadout for this mission". It would be very nice to be able to sort weapons in your arsenal by weapon type so I could see that I in fact don't own a sniper rifle so I can't even do the last sortie mission leaving me feel like I had my time wasted doing the first 2 mission as well as being locked out of being able to do the last mission feels really bad. I don't have a bunch of weapon slots or plat to just go buy a sniper from the market and if I were to farm one by the time it was crafted the sortie would be over... 

On 2024-08-28 at 1:26 PM, ZingaPrime said:

so I could see that I in fact don't own a sniper rifle

You can search for sniper, but the results are baffling. I think it grabs Kuva Ogris under Sniper.

On 2024-08-28 at 1:26 PM, ZingaPrime said:

I can't even do the last sortie mission leaving me feel like I had my time wasted doing the first 2 mission as well as being locked out of being able to do the last mission feels really bad.

You could have checked that on wiki before playing both missions (all mission mutators are available to check before you start 1st mission). Yes, wiki isnt in game - I am aware, but if we added all that information that is on wiki to the game it wouldnt look too good.

On the side note it is kinda wierd you own a Kuva weapons but not a single sniper:

Weapon Comparison | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

Have in mind it doesnt need to be a sniper capable of killing anything, you can run a warframe that has very high ability kill potential or/and exalted weapons. It is probably too late to craft Vectis (MR2) or Rubico (MR6).

Edited by Zakkhar

On 2024-08-28 at 4:26 AM, ZingaPrime said:

It would be very nice to be able to sort weapons in your arsenal by weapon type so I could see that I in fact don't own a sniper rifle

You can do this with the Assault, Bow, and Shotgun restrictions by putting the type in the search bar.   Snipers don't work as well, mainly because some weapons that in ages past used "sniper ammo" get included in the results.  This should get fixed, but still, it's a good starting point.

It would be nice if the Sortie panel in Navigation warned us right at the start if we couldn't meet any of the individual sortie requirements though.   Also maybe an extra warning on deleting key weapons "This is your only sniper/assault/etc weapon." 

Or, simpler yet, just allow an empty slot to fulfill the sortie requirements.  Though this may be contrary to some of the design intent of the restrictions.

Edited by Tiltskillet