Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong’s Cloudwalker Scaling

ye3pz

As a Wukong main, I enjoy flying around with his 2 the most and I would like to make it faster. That’s tough because Cloudwalker scales off of base movement speed and there are only a few niche ways to increase movement speed. (Ex:Helminth saryns ability or dispatch overdrive). I suggest to either change the way  cloudwalker scales to either sprint speed or parkour velocity to make it more adjustable or adding more ways we can buff base movement speed through mods or archon shards. I don’t feel like this would be a game-breaking change or anything. Just a cool minor buff.

Thanks for reading 

2 hours ago, ye3pz said:

That’s tough because Cloudwalker scales off of base movement speed

Untrue. Cloudwalker scales of initial momentum during CW activation. You can easily observe it by bulletjumping forward and activating CW during that BJ. You can increase the momentum by using combination of the parkour movements and sprint or/and the mods/abilities that increase Parkour Velocity/movemet speed. There is a big selection of them:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Maneuvers#Parkour_Velocity

2 hours ago, ye3pz said:

suggest to either change the way  cloudwalker scales to either sprint speed or parkour velocity to make it more adjustable

Nothing to change here, it alreaady does.

Edited by Zakkhar

::Edit:: Zakkhar is not correct, and it's just movement speed that affects it.

There are little tricks to boosting movement speed, though.

Try using movement that has built in acceleration, like the Slide. If you Sprint, hit the Slide for a fraction of a second and then Cloudwalker before the slide animation completes, it can add some surprising speed to your movement because it's still technically accelerating the player at that moment.

Edited by Birdframe_Prime

39 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

very good topic in my opinion. So definitely expand it and if speed upgrades are possible, then also inform the official wiki

You know what? This made me check. @Zakkhar is wrong, and OP is correct. Mostly. I've edited my prior post to reflect.

From the wiki:

Movement Speed buff is additive to other sources of movement speed such as Dispatch Overdrive or from infusing Saryn's Molt onto Wukong.

Buff is not affected by Sprint Speed, such as from Rush or parkour speed buffs such as Lightning Dash.

So basically, considering the speed of Cloudwalker is already 3x movement speed, and can be increased by movement speed buffs, I don't think it needs changing.

The current speed seems to be very, very intentional, and unlikely to change.

3 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

::Edit:: Zakkhar is not correct, and it's just movement speed that affects it.

There are little tricks to boosting movement speed, though.

Try using movement that has built in acceleration, like the Slide. If you Sprint, hit the Slide for a fraction of a second and then Cloudwalker before the slide animation completes, it can add some surprising speed to your movement because it's still technically accelerating the player at that moment.

You claim I am incorrect yet you write exactly the same thing. You just changed the word momentum to movement speed.

Edited by Zakkhar

5 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

You claim I am incorrect yet you write exactly the same thing. You just changed the word momentum to movement speed.

Momentum is not movement speed. In general physics, and in games.

Specifically not in Warframe where those are independent stats. If Cloud Walker had Momentum it wouldn't stop when you stopped pushing the movement buttons and would carry on, like Zephyr does when you finish the animation on Tailwind.

Zephyr's Tailwind has Momentum, Wukong's Cloud Walker has Movement Speed. Acceleration effects (which is yet another stat), like sliding, can increase either, and the trick I pointed out is an Acceleration effect, which affects Movement Speed, and which Cloud Walker snapshots until the end of the Duration, just like how other Abilities snapshot temporary boosts in stats (like 25% extra Strength from Growing Power) on cast and maintain them for their Duration.