Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tau damage should be introduced to Sentient-theme weapons

Cappucchino

Tau damage has been in the game for quite a long time, yet none of any Sentient weapons/Hybrid has it which is really weird. Some adjustment might need to make Tau damage proper damage-type. Current state of Tau damage is only -50% damage to Tenno shield. Which from the standpoint of enemy attacking player, okay we go an advantage.

But allow me to give my idea about adding Tau damage to Sentient weapons rather than only enemy damage to Tenno.

Tau damage as Special damage (Same category and Void and True damage.) type

- Dealing +50% damage to Orokin. (from the lore-standpoint, reflects the struggle of Orokin vs. Sentient in The Old War)

- Dealing -50% damage to Sentient themselves, Zariman and Tenno Shield.

- Status of Tau damage is Damage Neutralization. (Adaptation theme)

- For Tenno, Damage Neutralization makes the negative damage multiplier of Tau damage increase by 10% per stack, neutral and positive damage multiplier of Tau damage increase by 5% per stack. For the enemies those inflicted with Tau status will deal less prominent damage type from their weapon to the Tenno 15% per stack. Max with 5 stacks.

- The summary is that at max stacks (5), The damage to Sentient, Zariman and Tenno Shield will turn Neutral (-0% damage). While the damage to other factions gain +0.25x multiplier (+25% damage, Orokin turned into +75%).

- The damage neutralization damage bonus applies to Tau-damage only.

- "prominent damage type from their weapon" means such as Grineer Lancer which uses Grakata deals Impact damage. The Impact damage from that Grineer Lancer's Grakata will be reduced by 75% at max stacks, Puncture and Slash from the weapon still the same.

- Sentient enemies however, can inflict the status to player but cap at 1 stack only.

Now, since introducing the Tau-damage type to our weapon, it needs to have some Tau-damage on the weapon itself. Some weapons are already great as is but with slightly more damage, why not right?

1. Shedu

- Gain Tau-damage to Primary beam attack.

- From 71 damage (71 Heat) to 75 damage (55 Heat + 20 Tau)

- The pulse from expending all ammo now cause 1 stack of Tau status.

2. Nataruk

- Gain Tau-damage to both quick fire and charged fire.

- Quick shot: From 450 damage (405 Puncture + 45 Slash) to 475 damage (375 Puncture + 50 Slash + 50 Tau)

- Charged shot (both full charged and Perfect shot): From 900 damage (648 Puncture + 252 Slash) to 950 damage (620 Puncture + 255 Slash + 75 Tau)

- Perfect shot guarantees 2 stacks of Tau status.

3. Basmu

- Gain Tau-damage to Secondary attack and expended ammo energy pulses.

- Secondary attack: From 12 damage (12 Electricity) to 16 damage (8 Electric + 8 Tau)

- Energy pulses: From 10 damage (10 True) to 15 damage (10 True + 5 Tau)

4. Battacor

- Gain Tau-damage to both Primary fire and Secondary fire.

- Primary fire: From 66 damage (24 Puncture + 42 Magnetic) to 72 damage (24 Puncture + 42 Magnetic + 6 Tau)

- Secondary fire: From 208 damage (208 Radiation) to 250 damage (208 Radiation + 42 Tau)

- Direct impact of Secondary fire attack guaranteed 2 stacks of Tau status. If the enemy that has Tau status inflicted get killed with the Secondary fire, next Secondary shot will double up Tau damage up to 2 stacks. Reset on miss direct shots. (means, if all targets are hit with explosion but not the beam itself, the stacks also reset)

- 1st stack: 42 x 2 = 84 Tau

- 2nd stack: 84 x 2 = 168 Tau

5. Komorex

- Gain Tau-damage to the explosion in 3.5x zoom mode.

- From 106 damage (106 Viral) to 156 damage (106 Viral + 50 Tau)

- Direct impact of 3.5x zoom shot guaranteed 1 stack of Tau status. If the direct impact of 3.5x zoom shot lands on enemy that already has Tau-status stacks on them, the explosion will spread the same amount of Tau status stacks to all enemies in the explosion radius.

6. Cyanex

- Gain Tau-damage to the Burst-fire mode.

- From 72 damage (2.9 Impact + 30.2 Puncture + 38.9 Slash) to 80 damage (3 Impact + 30 Puncture + 39 Slash + 8 Tau)

- Gain special interaction with Tau status in Primary-fire mode. Ricochet shots from Tau status inflicted enemy will spread the same amount of stacks to the one that got hit by ricochet shots.

7. Ocucor

- Gain Tau-damage.

- From 11 damage (1 Puncture + 10 Radiation) to 12 damage (1 Puncture + 10 Radiation + 1 Tau)

- Gain special interaction with Tau status inflicted enemy. If the enemy that hit has Tau status, the ammo efficiency is increase by +5% per enemies.

- With full 4 tendrils active, means +25% ammo efficiency if all 5 enemies are inflicted with Tau status.

8. Kreska (I dunno, it is listed as a part of Battacor and Ocucor set so it probably infused with some Sentient techs)

- Gain Tau-damage.

- From 190 damage (30 Impact + 15 Puncture + 45 Slash + 100 Heat) to 210 damage (30 Impact + 15 Puncture + 45 Slash + 100 Heat + 20 Tau)

- Heavy slams cause 1 stack of Tau status.

9. Venato

- Gain Tau-damage

- From 220 damage (33 Impact + 110 Puncture + 77 Slash) to 235 damage (31 Impact + 110 Puncture + 75 Slash + 19 Tau)

- Heavy slams cause 1 stack of Tau status.

- In Caliban's hands, each combo multiplier increases , the Tau damage also increases by Number of multiplier x 3

- For example, at 12x combo, gains 36 more Tau damage.

10. Korumm

- Gain Tau-damage

- From 260 damage (52 Impact + 104 Puncture + 104 Slash) to 280 damage (52 Impact + 104 Puncture + 104 Slash + 20 Tau)

- Special block combo that inflicts Electricity status will now also inflict guaranteed Tau status.

11. Nepheri

- Gain Tau-damage

- From 261 damage (21 Impact + 63 Puncture + 85 Slash + 92 Heat) to 282 damage (21 Impact + 63 Puncture + 85 Slash + 93 Heat + 20 Tau)

- Fireball damage from 131 damage (131 Heat) to 141 damage (131 Heat + 10 Tau)

- Special neutral combo will have guaranteed 1 stack of Tau status with second slash in the combo.

12. Verdilac

- Gain Tau-damage

- From 213 damage (21.3 Impact + 85.2 Puncture + 106.5 Slash) to 225 damage (22 Impact + 86 Puncture + 107 Slash + 10 Tau)

- Energy wave damage from 213 damage (213 Toxin) to 225 damage (213 Toxin + 12 Tau)

- Energy wave explosion from 2 damage (2 Electricity) to 3 damage (2 Electricity + 1 Tau)

- Kill scored with Verdilac gain a special stack which expended on Special block combo. The stack will cause all projectiles in the combo to guarantee 1 Tau status when the projectile pass through the enemies.

- Stop the combo prematurely (try to stop before ending the 3 attacks combo or getting interrupted) will expend the stack.

This is my crazy concepts about the Tau damage which of course not perfect, some of them might cause indirect nerf but you get the idea.

Thanks for reading the whole long thing from my head. Have a good day.

Edited by Cappucchino

Sure thing, too few configuration slots are currently in use. Let's add another damage type and therefore another resistance type. And we haven't received a Scaldra yet. Let's drop in some more S#&$ to overcomplicate arsenal management. 

Don't forget to ask at the same time to add a scroll bar to the arsenal overlay on the starchart.

37 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Shedu doesnt attack with Beam, but with projectiles that explode on impact.

It listed on the wiki that way, I dunno, I mean the actual projectile then.

51 minutes ago, Vilmera said:

Sure thing, too few configuration slots are currently in use. Let's add another damage type and therefore another resistance type. And we haven't received a Scaldra yet. Let's drop in some more S#&$ to overcomplicate arsenal management. 

Don't forget to ask at the same time to add a scroll bar to the arsenal overlay on the starchart.

Chill bro, this is just some concept, not a request for adding or change. Why you have to be so sarcastic? It is good, it is bad, just share why, no need to be so sarcastic about it.

Edited by Cappucchino

3 minutes ago, Cappucchino said:
36 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Shedu doesnt attack with Beam, but with projectiles that explode on impact.

It listed on the wiki that way, I dunno, I mean the actual projectile then.

That is a bad idea. Whole identity of Shedu is the radial attack (which is over 50% of its damage even on single targets). The main attack is often not even aimed at the actual targets but at the floor or the gap between enemies. Having Tau damage there is pointless and will make no difference.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

That is a bad idea. Whole identity of Shedu is the radial attack (which is over 50% of its damage even on single targets). The main attack is often not even aimed at the actual targets but at the floor or the gap between enemies. Having Tau damage there is pointless and will make no difference.

Maybe it's bad, but the purpose (at least on my mind) is to encourage a little bit more aiming. You score higher damage to hit enemies, the explosion still do the same damage as usual. From my little brain thinking, I don't see any drawbacks here just the buff is not substantial, the Shedu is already good so I don't think it goes bad from this (maybe it is, I dunno) but I understand what you're saying. TY for feedback!

Edited by Cappucchino

26 minutes ago, Cappucchino said:

Chill bro, this is just some concept, not a request for adding or change. Why you have to be so sarcastic? It is good, it is bad, just share why, no need to be so sarcastic about it.

I specifically wrote why this idea is bad. It's like saying that narmer's weapon also requires a separate damage type. Don't let the genie out of the bottle. Memory still fresh on damage/resistance overhaul and you propose to start piling up complications of this system again without any real necessity. 

The only version of your proposal that doesn't seem burdensome - replace the existing void damage status effect with the one you described and not make any extra entities.

• 4 weeks later...