Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I feel like the current mod duplicate selling and dissolving system could be made a little more comfortable

Seren-dipitous

I think it is safe to say that everyone has to deal with dissolving mods when the duplicates get to high numbers. I hate dealing with all my duplicates because I hate having to go through every single mod that I have duplicates of and typing out the amount I want to dissolve. I would love it if there were easier ways to filter out many of these mods. for example: let's say I get too many serration mods and I no longer wish to get them, so I go ahead and filter all future serration mods I get to automatically dissolve so I no longer have to deal with those mods. I can then add other mods to the filter. this is something I would like to see because I feel it would be a nice quality-of-life feature. 

Does anyone feel the same way I do about this? quality of life to me is a huge thing because it is something that adds up to the overall experience and with mods being such an integral part of Warframe I think it would be nice to have some improvements.

2 minutes ago, Seren-dipitous said:

that everyone has to deal with dissolving mods when the duplicates get to high numbers.

I do not. Hence your thesis is invalid. There is no difference between having 2 mods of the same type and 20 000.

4 minutes ago, Seren-dipitous said:

I hate dealing with all my duplicates because I hate having to go through every single mod that I have duplicates of and typing out the amount I want to dissolve

Pick all and substract one, but you could also stop doing that completely if you hate it.

I'm not using it (because idc about Endo and it's painful anyway), but you're right. Difficult to find an easy way to implement - auto-dissolving duplicates might be the solution but it should be swapped to a whitelist (listing all the ones you want to get duplicates of) instead of a blacklist (listing all the ones you do not want to get duplicates of).

Of course this should only be for dropped mods, and there should be a way to not automatically dissolve "new mods" duplicates (the ones which drop in new updates that you may now know the names of).

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

I do not. Hence your thesis is invalid. There is no difference between having 2 mods of the same type and 20 000.

Pick all and substract one, but you could also stop doing that completely if you hate it.

This is what I do, but my main problem is that it adds up tremendously and gets very tedious. It is extremely easy to dissolve mods in its current state, but it is annoying, and I would just like a little more quality of life. 

I assumed everyone dissolved mods just to get that extra bit of endo, especially players like myself who do not have mods maxed out all the way.

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

I'm not using it (because idc about Endo and it's painful anyway), but you're right. Difficult to find an easy way to implement - auto-dissolving duplicates might be the solution but it should be swapped to a whitelist (listing all the ones you want to get duplicates of) instead of a blacklist (listing all the ones you do not want to get duplicates of).

Of course this should only be for dropped mods, and there should be a way to not automatically dissolve "new mods" duplicates (the ones which drop in new updates that you may now know the names of).

I agree I believe that new mods should not ever be dissolved automatically which is why I suggested a filter. putting a mod in the filter or "blacklist" would mean that only that one mod would be affected, but every other mod NOT in the filter would be white listed.

16 minutes ago, Seren-dipitous said:

I assumed everyone dissolved mods just to get that extra bit of endo

Nope, endo you get this way is very miniscule compared to just playing the game. 

You can get plenty of endo from content such as: Arbitration, Railjack (dissolving unwanted wreckage+mission prizes), Zariman Bounties. Endo here is mostly unwanted prize.

You can also (if very bored and lots of credits) play sort of roulette with duplicate mods in order to transmute them into something else. 

PS: Technically there is a lot more filtration in FILTER menu (bottom right) and you could just rank the mods you want to keep to Rank 1 at least, and filter the unranked ones only, this way you could dillsove all).

Edited by Zakkhar

40 minutes ago, Seren-dipitous said:

I agree I believe that new mods should not ever be dissolved automatically which is why I suggested a filter. putting a mod in the filter or "blacklist" would mean that only that one mod would be affected, but every other mod NOT in the filter would be white listed.

The problem with a blacklist filter, is that you basically want to get rid of most of the duplicate mods, as they're not worth anything anyway, so you'd end up having to manually input nearly all the mods in game, which would be extremely tedious

50 minutes ago, Seren-dipitous said:

I assumed everyone dissolved mods just to get that extra bit of endo, especially players like myself who do not have mods maxed out all the way.

I stopped doing that shortly after I started to play, as you say, I hate dealing with duplicates.

Easy solution right here— new setting, Auto-Dissolve Threshold.

Automatically dissolves mods into endo when player has over X amount of  a duplicate mod, where X is specified by the user. So if I set it to 5, the 6th warp mag I get is instantly endo'd. 

Since there's more worthless mods than valuable mods, it would then be a whitelist to make an exception for mods from the auto-dissolve threshold.