The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

About the new cosmetic item: Shoulder Armor

• 2 weeks later...

Seems pretty in line with the assassin silhouette. Sleek and streamlined outfit with a bulky off-hand. Kinda like Ivara's quiver on her arm or Ash's smoke arm. This is modeled after the Stalker, if not potentially made by him. Big bulky shoulders don't really fit the assassin style.

• Like 1

On 2024-09-15 at 6:39 AM, PollexMessier said:

There's a lot of one-arm-only shoulder armors and it is incredibly annoying.

@MuY_ASo_nn

The explanation is quite simple, if they made it for both shoulders it would interfere with the visibility of the crosshairs, since we mostly look over the right shoulder that means only the left shoulder gets the cool armor piece.

It is very unfortunate, but that is the reason why so many cool armor pieces only go on one shoulder.

6 hours ago, 3xt1inct said:

The explanation is quite simple, if they made it for both shoulders it would interfere with the visibility of the crosshairs, since we mostly look over the right shoulder that means only the left shoulder gets the cool armor piece.

It is very unfortunate, but that is the reason why so many cool armor pieces only go on one shoulder.

I have several major issues with this explanation.
-There are cosmetics that do this already anyways. Might as well let the players do what they want. If they get annoyed by it they can choose to not have it on themselves.
-Shoulder armors don't have to be mirrored. There are plenty of Asymetrical armors that exist for this reason.
-The Arca armor set that folds out of the way of the reticle when you aim exists.

Just to name a few.

"It would block the camera" is certainly a reason... it's just a bad one.

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

I have several major issues with this explanation.
-There are cosmetics that do this already anyways. Might as well let the players do what they want. If they get annoyed by it they can choose to not have it on themselves.
-Shoulder armors don't have to be mirrored. There are plenty of Asymetrical armors that exist for this reason.
-The Arca armor set that folds out of the way of the reticle when you aim exists.

Just to name a few.

"It would block the camera" is certainly a reason... it's just a bad one.

Rhino as a frame has this problem as well with any armor, true for the assymetrical ones, arca armor had a cool work around indeed, many more examples as well, you are completely right in my opinion.

It is not a matter of opinion I think both shoulders should get some love, but the explanation i brought up is the one we got when this was asked about the mortuus shoulder guard, from granum void (the corpus head with a redeemer piercing) and why it did not have a right shoulder companion/ mirror. that on both shoulders would look sick as hell.

The explanation is bad, i agree, but it is the one we got.

• Like 1