The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to get cat ears added to warframe!

Jeter1230

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

The theme is Asian. This is so obvious it hurts.

It's an Asian theme. Cat ears relate to mythology, anime and quite a bit of other media in between.

This game is heavily Asian inspired. So Asian culture bleeds into it, as it already has been for the past ten or so years.

Is this supposed to be an actual argument? The ears are "political"? In what way exactly? The only political meaning I'm seeing is relating to America all the way back in 2017.

You're really grasping at straws if those overly benign things are your best reasons for not including something.

Ok you want to nitpick? sure ill play

Ninja's are technically Senguko Japanese (at that point at it's prime), so obvious it hurts, look at the Ash KOGA skin, literally the name of one of the most prominent ninja clan is KOGA. 

So ancient Japanese themed, not Asian, kinda racist ngl. 

Cat ears do not relate to mythology, cat heads or complete cats do, also that is mainly Western Mythology, Japano-Religious whole cats (the complete animal) were guardians of Buddhist scriptures. That is the only mention of a cat anywhere near the legendary status in Japan.

Sure game can be Japanese inspired, Asia is way too big to be pooled into anime culture, i mean, the middle east is also Asia, yet to see Persian stuff. Most skins also aren't asian themed for a few example Styanax deluxe is Aztec inspiration and the upcoming caliban one from the Spanish conquistadores. Inspiration comes from everywhere and the game is not what you call heavily asian inspired, i expect counterarguments and examples to make this clear, mentioning it does not make it true. 

Yes unfortunately cat ears have become heavily associated with gender politics, which is a whole different can of worms. 

If fitting a theme is benign to you, tell me why do you not go bare footed under a suit?

• Like 2

Il y a 4 heures, (XBOX)Graysmog a dit :

Man the anger over a cosmetic that you wouldn't even see 99% of the time with how fast everything moves is just so funny. If anyone was actually going to listen to you guys, you kind of ruined that chance by acting like literal children. Are we really going to argue semantics over what is and isn't "too anime"? Seriously?

A cosmetic you don't have to actually use, and very few people will actually nab and wear, considering we just got bunny ears and fox tails hardly anyone wears. Most people prefer the general Warframe aesthetic, which is why you see everyone wearing the same old Prime colors. Despite what you like to claim with no real evidence besides "I dislike it", no, this will not ruin the games aesthetic and identity. You are overreacting, this is not an actual significant change.

Ohh no! They added *anime* into my *space ninja game* when we've had stuff like Yareli and Octavia's Hatsune Miku helmet for years. When Reb, the current creative director of the game, is a well established fan of the genre with references in her cosplays. In a game where there's a ton of Asian historical references like katanas, dojo's and so on.

Animated GIF

This is such an exhausting and petty argument over such a trivial thing. Anime, cat ears, all that jazz is pretty popular. You think DE isn't even going to consider it when we have very recent proof it's still profitable with TFD?

You guys need some serious perspective and a chill pill.

You are wrong on so many levels. 

First, you think we are angry at cats ears, while we are angry at dense people refusing to understand other people, and core Warframe playerbase, might just not like it, and you guys poke us around for having a taste which is different than yours, and our taste fit in Warframe, yours doesn't.

Then, you claim we won't see it. Well guess what, cosmetics are a bit part the game, and as DE needs money, they do advertise their product, on their website, in ads, in the market, and so on. Because when making a new product, you want to attract buyers, you need to push your work, and you need to catter to the targeted audience. And weebs aren't Warframe audience ; maybe they can find here a good game with interesting design that they may enjoy, but it isn't a kawaii manga festival with waifus and edgy boyz. It isn't. In some case, it's borderline edgy, and borderline girly, but they set a line they don't want to cross. Yareli was already almost too much, cattering to that specific audience, but because she is still weird and stuff, that's fine, she is the hearty, cute and youngest one, okay, no need to go deeper.

And Rebecca may have become the creative director of Warframe as a game, and maybe she is quite younger, feminine, and enjoying mangas, but she is still working with real legends of the artistic department, which hold true to their values. Those guys with beards and tatoos, good taste of traditions, enjoying metal and blood, would rather professionaly hang themselves than to transform Warframe into a waifus paradise. And of course there is friction between them there, and unless they for straight up bankrupt, they shall not fall into that easy-money pit and destroying Warframe core identity in the process.

Now you talk about TFD success, well a lot of Warframe players hate it exactly for that. And now that it exist, not only Warframe has no reasons to compete with those cosmetics as TFD catters to that specific audience, but you are also welcomed to go play it if you prefer that kind of style.

You may go chill there with your cat ears and nobody will be upset.

Edited by dwqrf
  • Like 3

I might also add that a number of MMO died, when the art as well as the storyline stopped mattering. When every bad idea from cars in a fantasy setting to panda costumes were implemented.

The people who do care are usually the first to leave. The ones who don't care might stay longer, until they no longer care enough to log in either.

Telling people not to care is the worst advice ever.

Edited by Prexades
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, 3xt1inct said:

Ok you want to nitpick? sure ill play

Ninja's are technically Senguko Japanese (at that point at it's prime), so obvious it hurts, look at the Ash KOGA skin, literally the name of one of the most prominent ninja clan is KOGA. 

So ancient Japanese themed, not Asian, kinda racist ngl. 

Cat ears do not relate to mythology, cat heads or complete cats do, also that is mainly Western Mythology, Japano-Religious whole cats (the complete animal) were guardians of Buddhist scriptures. That is the only mention of a cat anywhere near the legendary status in Japan.

Sure game can be Japanese inspired, Asia is way too big to be pooled into anime culture, i mean, the middle east is also Asia, yet to see Persian stuff. Most skins also aren't asian themed for a few example Styanax deluxe is Aztec inspiration and the upcoming caliban one from the Spanish conquistadores. Inspiration comes from everywhere and the game is not what you call heavily asian inspired, i expect counterarguments and examples to make this clear, mentioning it does not make it true. 

Yes unfortunately cat ears have become heavily associated with gender politics, which is a whole different can of worms. 

If fitting a theme is benign to you, tell me why do you not go bare footed under a suit?

No, Asian because it's a shorthand term when there's quite a large mix of things like Japanese, Asian and Chinese in the game. Which is why we have stuff like Asian-American as a catch-all term. Whether that's Chinese New Year items or Japanese themed items like the Ash Koga skin. Do you maybe want to consider looking at other things in the game before dropping racism accusations on someone like a weirdo?

What are you even talking about? Nekomata and Bakeneko are some of the most common examples, and folklore generally had things like incomplete transformations into a human, including vestigial things that stayed like ears or a tail. The point is they're from Japanese mythology, and yeah, they're more from Western Japanese mythology. Your point being what exactly?

How is it not heavily inspired when so much of the lore, design and different cosmetics point this out? Are you being intentionally obtuse for no reason when you pull out specific examples and pretend they prove anything? We have characters like Wukong and Nezha, mentions of weapons from the time like the Skana or the entire Nikana class (on top of Nunchaku), giant Dojo's and Tenno-themed decorations featuring such a theme, entire events and skins focused on the Chinese New Year event, the Devs themselves pointing out such themes with the tagline of the game and so on. Yeah inspiration comes from multiple places, and the roots of the game are tied to old Japanese and Chinese themes, just because new ideas have come along doesn't mean that's not where it all started.

I'm just going to ignore this overly pedantic and meaningless political argument you brought up. I really don't care if someone wants to wear car ears in real life, that's not the discussion here and you're being odd about it when DE clearly has nothing against it themselves.

No I'm very obviously bringing up your really lackluster examples you used as evidence earlier, which I already answered that yes, there is a more general theme they fit into and a specific one with the mention of Japanese mythology. Whatever else you've been arguing is really just pointless fluff.

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, dwqrf said:

You are wrong on so many levels. 

First, you think we are angry at cats ears, while we are angry at dense people refusing to understand other people, and core Warframe playerbase, might just not like it, and you guys poke us around for having a taste which is different than yours, and our taste fit in Warframe, yours doesn't.

Then, you claim we won't see it. Well guess what, cosmetics are a bit part the game, and as DE needs money, they do advertise their product, on their website, in ads, in the market, and so on. Because when making a new product, you want to attract buyers, you need to push your work, and you need to catter to the targeted audience. And weebs aren't Warframe audience ; maybe they can find here a good game with interesting design that they may enjoy, but it isn't a kawaii manga festival with waifus and edgy boyz. It isn't. In some case, it's borderline edgy, and borderline girly, but they set a line they don't want to cross. Yareli was already almost too much, cattering to that specific audience, but because she is still weird and stuff, that's fine, she is the hearty, cute and youngest one, okay, no need to go deeper.

And Rebecca may have become the creative director of Warframe as a game, and maybe she is quite younger, feminine, and enjoying mangas, but she is still working with real legends of the artistic department, which hold true to their values. Those guys with beards and tatoos, good taste of traditions, enjoying metal and blood, would rather professionaly hang themselves than to transform Warframe into a waifus paradise. And of course there is friction between them there, and unless they for straight up bankrupt, they shall not fall into that easy-money pit and destroying Warframe core identity in the process.

Now you talk about TFD success, well a lot of Warframe players hate it exactly for that. And now that it exist, not only Warframe has no reasons to compete with those cosmetics as TFD catters to that specific audience, but you are also welcomed to go play it if you prefer that kind of style.

You may go chill there with your cat ears and nobody will be upset.

All this to say you're way too hellbent on Warframe being an overly macho, rigidly masculine game with your weirdly derogatory statements when you guys are the ones basically attacking OP and others over their opinion. I see a lot of people getting defensive over your overly dismissive and rude perspective if that's what you're referring to.

The entire game isn't going to come crashing down because they added cat ears, no artist is going to be seen as defamed or something, what a load of overly antagonistic drivel that doesn't even make any sense. You're seriously going to argue that we argued against your opinion and we were wrong because yours is the correct one? Do you even hear yourself right now? 

Maybe you can stop letting your emotions get the better of you over a bunch of pixels?

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Prexades said:

I might also add that a number of MMO died, when the art as well as the storyline stopped mattering. When every bad idea from cars in a fantasy setting to panda costumes were implemented.

The people who do care are usually the first to leave. The ones who don't care might stay longer, until they no longer care enough to log in either.

Telling people not to care is the worst advice ever.

... and a single pair of cat ears is the genre-defining nail in the coffin huh? That's all it takes to ruin a games artistic style? Not the dozens of other changes those games received over the years you just mentioned that slowly drove players away on top of the cosmetic changes that led to them failing? 

No Way Nbc GIF by Law & Order

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog
  • Like 2

il y a 46 minutes, (XBOX)Graysmog a dit :

All this to say you're way too hellbent on Warframe being an overly macho, rigidly masculine game with your weirdly derogatory statements when you guys are the ones basically attacking OP and others over their opinion. I see a lot of people getting defensive over your overly dismissive and rude perspective if that's what you're referring to.

The entire game isn't going to come crashing down because they added cat ears, no artist is going to be seen as defamed or something, what a load of overly antagonistic drivel that doesn't even make any sense. You're seriously going to argue that we argued against your opinion and we were wrong because yours is the correct one? Do you even hear yourself right now? 

Maybe you can stop letting your emotions get the better of you over a bunch of pixels?

I didn't say warframe is masculine. I said it's adult. And I do think cat ears are childish, therefor not fitting in the settings.

I didn't say the game economy would crash if they add cat ears. I said it's a easy money grab and I'd rather DE artist stay true to their values and avoid -any- easy money grab ; as doing so would expand then their playerbase to others kind of players, especially children and Japanese product fans; and would require to catter for them, even to remove the main story which is made for a mature audience, for example.

I don't have the same opinion as OP and I expressed it. I have the right to have my own opinion. Now OP keep attacking us because of having a different opinion and not understanding how that's even possible, which seems to result in OP thinking we hate him and that we don't want him to have fun, which is just wrong.

Edited by dwqrf
  • Like 3

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XBOX)Graysmog:

... and a single pair of cat ears is the genre-defining nail in the coffin huh? That's all it takes to ruin a games artistic style? Not the dozens of other changes those games received over the years you just mentioned that slowly drove players away on top of the cosmetic changes that led to them failing? 

No Way Nbc GIF by Law & Order

It's always just 'a single thing'. Before the next thing and so on. We were already there with the permanent bunny ears. Fluffy tails..

That you simply can't accept someone saying 'no' is entirely your personal issue.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 3xt1inct said:

Ok so read all my comments then before you try to engage in discussion, this was adressed by me days ago. 

Also there is so much anime you can draw parallels with literally everything, you forgot how lavos's alchemy could be directly taken from Fullmetal alchemist, can the sister ephemera also link to this because of the circle on the back and the glowy things around the hands? Every league of legends character can be seen as taken from an anime, even CoD and battlefield can be anime as hell, there is enough military ones for that, Oh there is even anime's about greek mythology, so the ancient Greeks were anime fans?

I don't know what berserk is so i looked up "berserk manga armore"

Was giving Guts the Beserker armor essential for the plot? : r/Berserk

I mean i do not see Any paralell with Voruna here whatsoever, but you do you, also the wolf heads are basically the only armor she has on, this legit is the most generic fantasy armor ever i bet they even took inspiration from a J.R.R. Tolkien description of Morgoth, who was described as black armoured, towering and Iron crowned.

That's the LATER version of the Berserk armor from the manga.

The Earlier version looks like this...

screenshot-615.png?w=1024

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

I didn't say warframe is masculine. I said it's adult. And I do think cat ears are childish, therefor not fitting in the settings.

I didn't say the game economy would crash if they add cat ears. I said it's a easy money grab and I'd rather DE artist stay true to their values and avoid -any- easy money grab ; as doing so would expand then their playerbase to others kind of players, especially children and Japanese product fans; and would require to catter for them, even to remove the main story which is made for a mature audience, for example.

I don't have the same opinion as OP and I expressed it. I have the right to have my own opinion. Now OP keep attacking us because of having a different opinion and not understanding how that's even possible, which seems to result in OP thinking we hate him and that we don't want him to have fun, which is just wrong.

Yeah to be clear, the idea is that you're way too against anything but that concept. This is very apparent from your almost nonsensical reasoning.

I'm not sure why you even see cat ears as childish in the first place, it's just an eccentric fashion choice people of all ages can like. There's nothing inherently child-like about it, yet it's your whole basis for your points going forward. Do you really want that flimsy of a hill to be the one you die on?

I guess you can include the economy in there specifically, even though I was referring to the game overall? Which also doesn't make a lot of sense, why would DE take out anything to cater to a specific audience? Warframe is a game that wants to appeal to as many people as possible within the mature gaming community, it's a very casual power-fantasy game. DE very clearly does not cater to children in any way and trying to imply they would even bother is a very strange argument.

Unless DE magically decided to remove the "M" rating and turn it into Blues Clues, no, nothing about the maturity in the game would change and this is just nonsensical fear mongering. You would have to bring actual evidence to the table of DE removing mature themes in the game for me to give this even an ounce of credibility, which quite frankly isn't true when one of our most recent quests involved a pregnant woman going to war and us helping deliver a baby. Why would they just remove entire years of content for no real definable reason? Raids were removed due to their faulty framework, Dark Sectors were shut down due to performance issues and poor balancing leading to abusive mechanics and so on. Actual facts backed by statements from the devs themselves.

Yes you're allowed to have your opinion, you can dislike the cat ears as much as you want, and I am also allowed to refute and argue against it. I'm sorry you're having issues with the OP, but you also didn't do yourself any favors by coming in with a dismissive and rude gif as your first reply.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Yeah to be clear, the idea is that you're way too against anything but that concept. This is very apparent from your almost nonsensical reasoning.

I'm not sure why you even see cat ears as childish in the first place, it's just an eccentric fashion choice people of all ages can like. There's nothing inherently child-like about it, yet it's your whole basis for your points going forward. Do you really want that flimsy of a hill to be the one you die on?

I guess you can include the economy in there specifically, even though I was referring to the game overall? Which also doesn't make a lot of sense, why would DE take out anything to cater to a specific audience? Warframe is a game that wants to appeal to as many people as possible within the mature gaming community, it's a very casual power-fantasy game. DE very clearly does not cater to children in any way and trying to imply they would even bother is a very strange argument.

Unless DE magically decided to remove the "M" rating and turn it into Blues Clues, no, nothing about the maturity in the game would change and this is just nonsensical fear mongering. You would have to bring actual evidence to the table of DE removing mature themes in the game for me to give this even an ounce of credibility, which quite frankly isn't true when one of our most recent quests involved a pregnant woman going to war and us helping deliver a baby. Why would they just remove entire years of content for no real definable reason? Raids were removed due to their faulty framework, Dark Sectors were shut down due to performance issues and poor balancing leading to abusive mechanics and so on. Actual facts backed by statements from the devs themselves.

Yes you're allowed to have your opinion, you can dislike the cat ears as much as you want, and I am also allowed to refute and argue against it. I'm sorry you're having issues with the OP, but you also didn't do yourself any favors by coming in with a dismissive and rude gif as your first reply.

I tried to be nice at first, then people like that guy happened, they didn't deserve my patience.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Prexades said:

It's always just 'a single thing'. Before the next thing and so on. We were already there with the permanent bunny ears. Fluffy tails..

That you simply can't accept someone saying 'no' is entirely your personal issue.

I can accept a "no" if it actually came from the Devs themselves with a decent amount of reasoning behind it, who knows, maybe they just don't want to include them personally? That's totally fine, I find that incredibly unlikely, but they have the final say after all.

I'm not really going to accept a "no" from the community when there's no real tangible evidence against its inclusion. There's a lot of personal distaste, there's a lot of tinfoil hatting and a lot of assumed justification for not including it. I'm not seeing any real points being made other than "yeah I dislike them", and a lot of people assuming a ten year old game will just fall apart if more anime items are added.

An overly casual game like this will just naturally include these things over time and adapt accordingly, it's sci-fi, not a WW2 simulator where I could agree that stylistic integrity is important considering it's historically accurate. As long as the game adds them in a believable way that fits the games admittedly broad style, then there's no issues.

As others have pointed out, they'd probably be more akin to Kavats ears regardless to fit with the games aesthetic, which DE tries their best to adhere to. This point makes more sense in other games where they're basically copy and pasted with no further thought towards their inclusion, unlike Warframe. Outside of holiday related items (which still have lore friendly designs in some capacity), what even looks that weird?

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog
  • Like 3

il y a 6 minutes, (XBOX)Graysmog a dit :

Dismissive and rude gif ? Com'on, the office is a great show and this character is truly awesome. It's fun.

Now, you say cat ears aren't childish. Prove it. I want to know about a famous politician, business person, or anyone, wearing cat ears and being dead serious and not at all acting/being any childish. Because in my mind, it is, and I know no evidence saying otherwise, and you may change my mind of you provide it.

And no leather catwomen, please.

• Like 2

vor 5 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)Graysmog:

I can accept a "no" if it actually came from the Devs themselves with a decent amount of reasoning behind it, who knows, maybe they just don't want to include them personally? That's totally fine, I find that incredibly unlikely, but they have the final say after all.

I'm not really going to accept a "no" from the community when there's no real tangible evidence against its inclusion. There's a lot of personal distaste, there's a lot of tinfoil hatting and a lot of assumed justification for not including it. I'm not seeing any real points being made other than "yeah I dislike them", and a lot of people assuming a ten year old game will just fall apart if more anime items are added.

An overly casual game like this will just naturally include these things over time and adapt accordingly, it's sci-fi, not a WW2 simulator where I could agree that stylistic integrity is important considering it's historically accurate. As long as the game adds them in a believable way that fits the games admittedly broad style, then there's no issues.

As others have pointed out, they'd probably be more akin to Kavats ears regardless to fit with the games aesthetic, which DE tries their best to adhere to. This point makes more sense in other games where they're basically copy and pasted with no further thought towards their inclusion, unlike Warframe. Outside of holiday related items (which still have lore friendly designs in some capacity), what even looks that weird?

It doesn't give the impression that you can accept a 'no'. That you complain about 'rude gif', while making rude gif's yourself doesn't speak well of you either.

You also fail to make a single good point on why it should be put in Warframe. Brushing off criticism as tinfoil hatting, doesn't do you favors either. The more aggressive you try to defend your non-existant argument the more I get the impression that this is an actual fetish of yours.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

No, Asian because it's a shorthand term when there's quite a large mix of things like Japanese, Asian and Chinese in the game. Which is why we have stuff like Asian-American as a catch-all term. Whether that's Chinese New Year items or Japanese themed items like the Ash Koga skin. Do you maybe want to consider looking at other things in the game before dropping racism accusations on someone like a weirdo?

What are you even talking about? Nekomata and Bakeneko are some of the most common examples, and folklore generally had things like incomplete transformations into a human, including vestigial things that stayed like ears or a tail. The point is they're from Japanese mythology, and yeah, they're more from Western Japanese mythology. Your point being what exactly?

How is it not heavily inspired when so much of the lore, design and different cosmetics point this out? Are you being intentionally obtuse for no reason when you pull out specific examples and pretend they prove anything? We have characters like Wukong and Nezha, mentions of weapons from the time like the Skana or the entire Nikana class (on top of Nunchaku), giant Dojo's and Tenno-themed decorations featuring such a theme, entire events and skins focused on the Chinese New Year event, the Devs themselves pointing out such themes with the tagline of the game and so on. Yeah inspiration comes from multiple places, and the roots of the game are tied to old Japanese and Chinese themes, just because new ideas have come along doesn't mean that's not where it all started.

I'm just going to ignore this overly pedantic and meaningless political argument you brought up. I really don't care if someone wants to wear car ears in real life, that's not the discussion here and you're being odd about it when DE clearly has nothing against it themselves.

No I'm very obviously bringing up your really lackluster examples you used as evidence earlier, which I already answered that yes, there is a more general theme they fit into and a specific one with the mention of Japanese mythology. Whatever else you've been arguing is really just pointless fluff.

Nah, when pointing to a culture as reference you cannot say "Asian" just like you cannot just say "European" if the thing is specifically bound to a certain culture, same thing would be to call "Carnavale de Rio de Janeiro" American, that is just stuff you do not do, so yes, racist. Ninja's are specifically Senguko Japanese. If I'm correct warframe slogan is "ninja's play free". the whole movement set is based on a wide variety of climbable objects in the game, again ninja-esque. There are no more Chinese elements than there are western ones, also Asia is a lot lot bigger than China and Japan alone, with widely differing cultures at that like India, Vietnam, Laos, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Sri Lanka, hell even Russia for something to be what you call it "Asian" it should encompass more cultures than 2 out of many no?

I'm going to be honest here in my 2 years of exchange experience to Japan (student years), I was told by my local friends that Westerners destroyed Japanese folklore with their twisted mistranslations. Namely that those spirits in the tales can shapeshift but 1) not permanently 2) not partially, because both reasons would make for imbalance and making the spirit look imperfect. While the whole reason these tales existed was because they thought those spirits were hiding amongst them, if they had features that remained, that would just make for a terrible cautionary tale would it not? (also was talking Japano-Religious, unlike Greek and Roman mythology Japanese mythology has a rather small impact on religion)

Brother please read or learn to read comprehensably, I Told you it is heavily Japanese inspired, I mean look at the Senguko age appropriate pieces of armor in the game and many many other things. 1 thing almost all of them have in common, Senguko/Edo appropriate when it comes to Chinese or Japanese reference work. cat ears as a cosmetic is profoundly not. 

the political thing was meant to answer your question about how it tied into that, so commenting on it that it does not matter is invalidating a whole lot of peoples opinions, not mine per se, but it shows you as a very close minded person.

So i brought up lackluster evidence? I Stated i would name a few, do you really want the whole list? you only brought up 3 examples yourself? Are you a hypocrite? Criticising others where you yourself fall short?

Cat ears do not fit warframe thematically (not Senguko/Edo Japanese, Chinese, as well as not part of any holiday theme, or any of the other cosmetic themes) and i already have to endure the dumb Bunny ears who do not fit either. So ill ask again, do you go bare footed under a suit?

Ah now we have come to the "Whatever else you said is irrelevant", buddy, you showed up in this forum invalidating every single opinion you did not share, we argue for what we like and dislike, that is why it is called a forum, you argued the same stuff, yet talked yourself into a corner, that is your own fault and you do not get out of it. There were a few people just invalidating other's opinions, but i have tried remain civil and neutral and to not anyone personally, you personally attacked people here immediatly and now you are surprised you get a reaction? Do you come outside ever? Or do you live in a plastic bubble with sanitized air?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Dr_Mechano said:

That's the LATER version of the Berserk armor from the manga.

The Earlier version looks like this...

screenshot-615.png?w=1024

Fábio Magalhães - "The Berserker Armor"

is this one also accurate? because that armor looks Western as hell, the neckpiece and helmet working together to resemble teeth and mouth was something done in the middle ages already (almost none of the things survived due to the spikes taking damage too often and being a nuisance in battle) and tbh This litterally fits the description of Morgoth even better.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jeter1230 said:

I tried to be nice at first, then people like that guy happened, they didn't deserve my patience.

you lack both patience, integrity, reading level, vocabulary and common knowledge/sense, to even engage in civil discussion

You did not ever try to criticise or challenge my opinion, you attacked the person behind it (me). That is lesson nr 1 in how to not have a discussion.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 3xt1inct said:

you lack both patience, integrity, reading level, vocabulary and common knowledge/sense, to even engage in civil discussion

You did not ever try to criticise or challenge my opinion, you attacked the person behind it (me). That is lesson nr 1 in how to not have a discussion.  

you compared the idea to something pdf files like, i immediately stopped taking you serious. you mostly just insulted me.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Prexades said:

It doesn't give the impression that you can accept a 'no'. That you complain about 'rude gif', while making rude gif's yourself doesn't speak well of you either.

You also fail to make a single good point on why it should be put in Warframe. Brushing off criticism as tinfoil hatting, doesn't do you favors either. The more aggressive you try to defend your non-existant argument the more I get the impression that this is an actual fetish of yours.

I'm not going to accept a pretty flimsy reason with anecdotal evidence at best when you also decide to default to something as strange as me being a fetishist? The worst I've said is folks are acting childish and rude, and you pull out something that heavy-handed? Good lord.

Yeah, and I fully expected the response I would get in return for being rude. I never said I wasn't being confrontational, I blatantly admitted what it was and didn't say anything to the contrary. Pretending that gif couldn't be seen as rude with no clarification is just dishonest. 

Maybe I just don't see the issue with it and don't think it's going to cause an apocalypse or something? I've also brought up plenty of evidence in my responses to the contrary, pointing out how several items like it were already added and the fact the game has had core ideas focusing on those cultures since the very beginning. What evidence have you brought up other than "well other games failed because of this". That's extremely vague and unhelpful.

• Like 2

On 2024-09-07 at 1:31 AM, KitMeHarder said:
On 2024-09-06 at 11:28 PM, 3xt1inct said:

NO, No, no, we already have bunny ears and fox tails, that is anime S#&$ enough.

Oh no, not the anime and Japanese references in a game like Warframe. Once you open the floodgates, who knows what's next? Next thing you know they'll be adding stuff like "ninja" to their slogan. Or they'll use romaji to name certain frames. Hell, the CEO might even say he's going to use anime as reference material. Or the creative director might even add a frame with a Jojo stand. Ooor, the next update might even be completely Japanese themed.

I shudder to think.

On 2024-09-07 at 6:58 PM, 3xt1inct said:
On 2024-09-07 at 1:31 AM, KitMeHarder said:

Oh no, not the anime and Japanese references in a game like Warframe. Once you open the floodgates, who knows what's next? Next thing you know they'll be adding stuff like "ninja" to their slogan. Or they'll use romaji to name certain frames. Hell, the CEO might even say he's going to use anime as reference material. Or the creative director might even add a frame with a Jojo stand. Ooor, the next update might even be completely Japanese themed.

I shudder to think.

haha ninja is not per se anime, warframe also started out as a darker themed game, anime references are fine, taking from them directly and especially from the cutesie ones with cat ears and the disgusting lollies is just a step too far. Then it stops being the dark/ninja/genocidal game i signed up for, so yeah i do have a problem with that. Irony like yours is not gonna get you what you want so i commend you, go on like that and show how you cannot handle some headwind.

On 2024-09-07 at 7:06 PM, Jeter1230 said:
On 2024-09-07 at 6:58 PM, 3xt1inct said:

haha ninja is not per se anime, warframe also started out as a darker themed game, anime references are fine, taking from them directly and especially from the cutesie ones with cat ears and the disgusting lollies is just a step too far. Then it stops being the dark/ninja/genocidal game i signed up for, so yeah i do have a problem with that. Irony like yours is not gonna get you what you want so i commend you, go on like that and show how you cannot handle some headwind.

All I asked for was cat ears, don’t be a weirdo :((

Calling me names trying to shame me are you?

On 2024-09-08 at 2:58 PM, 3xt1inct said:
On 2024-09-07 at 11:14 PM, KitMeHarder said:

Pretty sure my Saryn breaks the Geneva Convention just fine whether it's with bunny ears or cat ones. I wasn't even completely supporting the OP, but it's kinda dumb to pretend like anime has no influence over Warframe, whether you say it's only the "non-cutesy" parts or not.

In the game there's people with political glyphs, anime glyphs, angel wings, bat wings, bunny ears, frames/operators/drifters in anime themed cosplay, color-vomit themes like [DE]Megan, etc... already. I'm surprised something like cat ears hasn't made its way into frame fashion. And while it's not necessarily my style, I'd rather that than some of the above stuff.

Sure ok, lets add anime, lets add anime stuff that fits the game theme, lets take naruto (only ever seen clips of it mind you) from there we have the fox tails, the rectangles with focus school symbols in them (village bandanas) and manier ability animation. as far as i know there aren't any cat ears in naruto (all reference work and no direct copies).  another thing that would more fit the vibe is the military outfits from anime's like attack on titan (that fits the vibe and certainly with 1999, but will also invite nazi and holocaust cosplay). The political glyphs i was already against, because i want a game to stay politcally neutral. the anime glyphs are content creator glyphs (no power over that, but also not something DE made themselves, they just converted a jpeg). angel wings is valentine themed, the bat wings (demon wings) are halloween themed, the bunny ears are not the sexy kind, but the ones from the easter bunny, aka no cosmetic has been released with anime as a theme, maybe with anime as a reference but never a theme. Cosplay is something that can happen and is a good creative challenge for people who are into that, to remake a character with items that are not directly related to a character or an anime, like the great irl cosplayers do as well. the only skin that was directly related was the excalibur proto skin that referenced dark sector (warframe's predecessor).

So yes it would be surprising for cat ears to be in the game, because they are directly related to anime, which has sometimes been a reference for cosmetics but never the main theme.

On 2024-09-08 at 6:36 PM, Jeter1230 said:
On 2024-09-08 at 2:58 PM, 3xt1inct said:

Sure ok, lets add anime, lets add anime stuff that fits the game theme, lets take naruto (only ever seen clips of it mind you) from there we have the fox tails, the rectangles with focus school symbols in them (village bandanas) and manier ability animation. as far as i know there aren't any cat ears in naruto (all reference work and no direct copies).  another thing that would more fit the vibe is the military outfits from anime's like attack on titan (that fits the vibe and certainly with 1999, but will also invite nazi and holocaust cosplay). The political glyphs i was already against, because i want a game to stay politcally neutral. the anime glyphs are content creator glyphs (no power over that, but also not something DE made themselves, they just converted a jpeg). angel wings is valentine themed, the bat wings (demon wings) are halloween themed, the bunny ears are not the sexy kind, but the ones from the easter bunny, aka no cosmetic has been released with anime as a theme, maybe with anime as a reference but never a theme. Cosplay is something that can happen and is a good creative challenge for people who are into that, to remake a character with items that are not directly related to a character or an anime, like the great irl cosplayers do as well. the only skin that was directly related was the excalibur proto skin that referenced dark sector (warframe's predecessor).

So yes it would be surprising for cat ears to be in the game, because they are directly related to anime, which has sometimes been a reference for cosmetics but never the main theme.

Or they’re just cat ears

On 2024-09-08 at 6:49 PM, 3xt1inct said:
On 2024-09-08 at 3:32 PM, Zimzala said:

I think it's sad so many gamers are so scared of having some whimsy in their genocidal pastime. 

The entire idea of putting the WF aesthetic into a little box to make oneself feel better (and let's be real, more 'manly') is real as hilarious as it is sad...I mean to be scared of seeing others wearing things, the horror!

So many adults afraid of a little whimsy. So sad.

It's no different than mandating haircuts or any other 'you must conform' outlook onto anything - be it in a game world or not.

This one is based on a world literally being ripped apart by uncontrollable forces over long spans of time, that include human civilization, and some of you think bunny ears would never appear from people trying to stop thinking about how dreary things are?

Get over trying to force your small minded, creatively bereft boxes on others.

You do not have the right to never see something you don't like.

Cheers.

Well, i think it is sad you have to play warframe because there is not genocidal lolly girl game to stimulate both of your fantasies. 

I'm only advocating for what i like and what i think crosses a line, have i shamed anyone for their ideas? no. Have i criticised ideas and not the person putting them forth? yes. 

Why is it when people don't like the headwind someone gives them they attack the person, instead of replying with why they would advocate for the original idea?

Life is only as dreary as you let it get for yourself, instead of throwing bricks at "privileged people" try realising what and how you stand in life before you criticise others.

Stop forcing your Everything has to be open to everything mindset on everyone, it's called The geek social myth.

You do not have the right to never see opinions you don't like.

That is called being a hypocrite.

Cheers

On 2024-09-08 at 6:36 PM, Jeter1230 said:

Or they’re just cat ears

yeah, who do not fit the theme of warframe currently at all. If we get a panther themed frame and they introduce a signa for that with "cat ears" then that is totally fine. Hell even for Valkyr that would be okay, unfortunately for you she already has a prime and a deluxe.

On 2024-09-08 at 7:10 PM, Jeter1230 said:
On 2024-09-08 at 6:49 PM, 3xt1inct said:

Well, i think it is sad you have to play warframe because there is not genocidal lolly girl game to stimulate both of your fantasies. 

I'm only advocating for what i like and what i think crosses a line, have i shamed anyone for their ideas? no. Have i criticised ideas and not the person putting them forth? yes. 

Why is it when people don't like the headwind someone gives them they attack the person, instead of replying with why they would advocate for the original idea?

Life is only as dreary as you let it get for yourself, instead of throwing bricks at "privileged people" try realising what and how you stand in life before you criticise others.

Stop forcing your Everything has to be open to everything mindset on everyone, it's called The geek social myth.

You do not have the right to never see opinions you don't like.

That is called being a hypocrite.

Cheers

yeah, who do not fit the theme of warframe currently at all. If we get a panther themed frame and they introduce a signa for that with "cat ears" then that is totally fine. Hell even for Valkyr that would be okay, unfortunately for you she already has a prime and a deluxe.

You’re just insulting and making up things now, you also seem very actively against something very simple that affects you in no ways at all. It’s just a cosmetic.

Here you call me insulting, however i never was towards you, towards the other user yes, and intentionally so. did not make things up and yes such a drastic art change in a cosmetic affects the game and thus indirectly its players, including sadly for you, me.

Above you will find the full correspondance, no messages were deleted or ignored

42 minutes ago, Jeter1230 said:

you compared the idea to something pdf files like, i immediately stopped taking you serious. you mostly just insulted me.

I will now ask you where exactly and with quote I said something aimed at you where i do what you accuse me of.

In addition i will underline and bold your attempts at calling me names and personal attacks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3xt1inct said:

Nah, when pointing to a culture as reference you cannot say "Asian" just like you cannot just say "European" if the thing is specifically bound to a certain culture, same thing would be to call "Carnavale de Rio de Janeiro" American, that is just stuff you do not do, so yes, racist. Ninja's are specifically Senguko Japanese. If I'm correct warframe slogan is "ninja's play free". the whole movement set is based on a wide variety of climbable objects in the game, again ninja-esque. There are no more Chinese elements than there are western ones, also Asia is a lot lot bigger than China and Japan alone, with widely differing cultures at that like India, Vietnam, Laos, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Sri Lanka, hell even Russia for something to be what you call it "Asian" it should encompass more cultures than 2 out of many no?

I'm going to be honest here in my 2 years of exchange experience to Japan (student years), I was told by my local friends that Westerners destroyed Japanese folklore with their twisted mistranslations. Namely that those spirits in the tales can shapeshift but 1) not permanently 2) not partially, because both reasons would make for imbalance and making the spirit look imperfect. While the whole reason these tales existed was because they thought those spirits were hiding amongst them, if they had features that remained, that would just make for a terrible cautionary tale would it not? (also was talking Japano-Religious, unlike Greek and Roman mythology Japanese mythology has a rather small impact on religion)

Brother please read or learn to read comprehensably, I Told you it is heavily Japanese inspired, I mean look at the Senguko age appropriate pieces of armor in the game and many many other things. 1 thing almost all of them have in common, Senguko/Edo appropriate when it comes to Chinese or Japanese reference work. cat ears as a cosmetic is profoundly not. 

the political thing was meant to answer your question about how it tied into that, so commenting on it that it does not matter is invalidating a whole lot of peoples opinions, not mine per se, but it shows you as a very close minded person.

So i brought up lackluster evidence? I Stated i would name a few, do you really want the whole list? you only brought up 3 examples yourself? Are you a hypocrite? Criticising others where you yourself fall short?

Cat ears do not fit warframe thematically (not Senguko/Edo Japanese, Chinese, as well as not part of any holiday theme, or any of the other cosmetic themes) and i already have to endure the dumb Bunny ears who do not fit either. So ill ask again, do you go bare footed under a suit?

Ah now we have come to the "Whatever else you said is irrelevant", buddy, you showed up in this forum invalidating every single opinion you did not share, we argue for what we like and dislike, that is why it is called a forum, you argued the same stuff, yet talked yourself into a corner, that is your own fault and you do not get out of it. There were a few people just invalidating other's opinions, but i have tried remain civil and neutral and to not anyone personally, you personally attacked people here immediatly and now you are surprised you get a reaction? Do you come outside ever? Or do you live in a plastic bubble with sanitized air?

Wow this is a lot of nothing. 

Am I supposed to listen to you at all when you call me racist when you don't even understand the definition? Racism kind of implies being hateful, or averse, or featuring something akin to hostility. Where is that exactly?

There's none of that going on and you really trying to pretend there is is just weird and presumptuous. That's a ridiculously loaded term to apply to someone who disagrees with you. Asia is obviously more than just Chinese and Japanese, but those are the two most prevalent themes so I mentioned them specifically. It's a generic term, to make conversation more concise so I don't have to point out every single ethnicity every time I mention it. This is such a ridiculous point, please actually argue your points instead of defaulting to name calling.

So ignoring this superficial evidence you get from your friends I'm just supposed to believe, where in any of this did you disprove it's not Japanese? It's very much related to it, you pointing out where it's from in Japan and how it changed in Japan hardly matters, it's from Japan right? So what exactly is your thematic issue? It's a very common thing in anime and media today, there are actual pictures made from the time period showcasing nekomata with ears, one such being from Ume no Haru Gojūsantsugi, an actual play featuring an old woman with them. Cat/human hybrids in art wasn't the most common thing ever, but it was around during the time. There's very clear cultural significance there, it fits the theme of old-school Japanese folklore and values, what exactly is the problem? Are you going to argue such a pedantic point?

No, I said I'm not going to engage in a really weird argument over gender politics and cat ears since that's not the point of the discussion, it's kind of irrelevant (like your constant insistence on racism for whatever reason) when we're talking about a videogame including them thematically. It's not even really a point and more of a "oh did you know" kind of thing. Oh, okay ... cool, why would I care exactly? It's just you pulling out a point from a hat and hoping it applies, or just continually bashing me and everyone else you disagree with by using vague assertions that we're "x", "y" and "z". That doesn't really discredit us, it just kind of proves you're rude.

You stated that was not the case and I questioned you with a few examples yes, am I supposed to bear the burden of proof for a point you made as well? That hardly seems fair, and that's not how you argue a point.

I never said I was surprised that you were being rude, I invited it after all, I said I was surprised I called you such a tame thing as "rude" or "childish" and you came around and called me racist. I'm sorry, is that not a fair reaction to have? Am I not supposed to feel like that's uncalled for and a hardly justifiable reaction to what I said?

What corner have I exactly put myself into when we're arguing opinion regardless? You're obviously way angrier about all of this than I am, all I did was ask why this is such a bad thing, and you've just argued in circles.

Do you want to try arguing like an adult instead of acting like an irrational child?

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog
  • Like 2

I couldn't just have a normal, fun, and harmless little idea go around. Of course I attracted every fun police there was. All I can do is express my disappointed now. There's no point in arguing with these people who are just full of negativity and are too stubborn to admit that they were just wrong.

3 minutes ago, NeDesitVirtus said:

I want antlers 🫎, stag horns, insect antenna, wolf ears, bear ears, and 🐒 ears too! 

Don't do it just 20% go all the way!!! Let's have all the ears, antlers, horns, and antenna too! 

I agree, this was the secret objective of the post. Animal lovers getting to show off what their favorite animal is with cute ears. Antlers would even look really cool in a lot of fashions. (Sorry, the post merged for some reason)

Edited by Jeter1230
  • Like 1