The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to get cat ears added to warframe!

Jeter1230

Jesus, y'all still at this? Look, Valkyr is partly designed to look like a cat, and her prime helmet looks like it has cat ears kinda. Just make something like that and it'll fit with the game's artstyle better than the bunny ears, which don't fit because they don't look like part of a Warframe. There, I did it, I solved cat ears.

The whole "childish or not" debate feels silly for a game that builds on so many childhood power fantasies we've all had. "Cyborg space ninjas in cool suits versus clones, robots, and a mutant virus, all wielding different magical powers" would have made me lose my goddamn mind if it was a cartoon when I was 7. Like, it legit sounds like a new Power Rangers show. We just have more gore and sex appeal here. Legit, I started playing the game because I related it to my childhood obsessions.

@3xt1inct : "https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whimsy Well here is the worldwide accepted definition, which is not the one you mention. Your definition also does not have a source, don't forget that the fanciful in the definition alludes to sexual attraction."

French guy  : XD, "worldwide accepted" on an obscur website from a language that NEVER choose any kind of reference nor International Standard.

Let's choose a real worldwide reference : dictionary.cambridge.org

whimsy ( noun, uk : /ˈwɪm.zi/, us : /ˈwɪm.zi/ )
1/ [ U ] unusual, funny, and pleasant ideas or qualities:
Add a touch of whimsy to your room with these cat sculptures.
The film combines whimsy and tragedy in equal measure.

2/ [ C or U ] UK disapproving
something that is intended to be strange and humorous but in fact has little real meaning or value:
Personally I've always considered mime to be a lot of whimsy.
[ C ] US (also whim)
a sudden wish or idea, especially one that cannot be reasonably explained:
Is this just one of his whimsies?

«whimsy» en anglais américain in English American
whimsy (noun [ C/U ], us /ˈhwɪm·zi, ˈwɪm-/ )
1/ [ U ] something playful and amusing:
The second book is as full of happy whimsy as the first.

fanciful ( adjective, uk /ˈfæn.sɪ.fəl/, us /ˈfæn.sɪ.fəl/ )
1/ not likely to succeed or happen in the real world

So I'm not into your sexual delirium but clearly, y'a need some water in your wine...

Cat ears are just an ear design that some very numerous cats lovers around would PAY to have for warframe,

[DE] have already accepted some fancyness like our NEZHA with SailorMoon colors (BSSM fan speaking),

We have tons of Bunny girls around and even if it was originally a PLAYBOY outfit,

Thanks to anime, The bunny girl had become more than a just a reference to an erotic magazine,

They became part of half-animal half-human characters (like in Gate no jitei),

This is surely why we can have bunny ears all the years because it's not on sexual -EVEN IF IT IS FOR YOU-

COOL DOWN A BIT, 🥶

• Like 1

On 2024-09-07 at 12:58 PM, 3xt1inct said:

haha ninja is not per se anime, warframe also started out as a darker themed game, anime references are fine, taking from them directly and especially from the cutesie ones with cat ears and the disgusting lollies is just a step too far. Then it stops being the dark/ninja/genocidal game i signed up for, so yeah i do have a problem with that. Irony like yours is not gonna get you what you want so i commend you, go on like that and show how you cannot handle some headwind.

Ofc the naysayer brings up the L word....

This is why nobody cares about the people with valid arguments anymore, you're diluting the meaning of "bad" by calling pointless things "bad" in fear of something that has nothing to do with this.

Saying "I want cat ears" has nothing to do with the stuff you're talking about, and uh... why is that your first thought?

Also Yareli exists and she acts like an anime princess while having literal buzzsaws.... so what do you mean the warframes aren't warriors that kill things brutally? The most popular frame (Wisp) literally acts playful and chaotic in her own animation sets, like unironically her 2 is just trolling enemies, but she still blinds dudes with the sun and burns them to death with its surface. 

On 2024-09-07 at 10:41 PM, Jeter1230 said:

the closest I could get to cat ears were [revenant mephisto diadem]

Equinox Divisa, Khora Miyabi, and a few Valkyr helmets.

Edited by Lord_Chibi
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Lord_Chibi said:

Ofc the naysayer brings up the L word....

This is why nobody cares about the people with valid arguments anymore, you're diluting the meaning of "bad" by calling pointless things "bad" in fear of something that has nothing to do with this.

Saying "I want cat ears" has nothing to do with the stuff you're talking about, and uh... why is that your first thought?

Also Yareli exists and she acts like an anime princess while having literal buzzsaws.... so what do you mean the warframes aren't warriors that kill things brutally? The most popular frame (Wisp) literally acts playful and chaotic in her own animation sets, like unironically her 2 is just trolling enemies, but she still blinds dudes with the sun and burns them to death with its surface. 

Equinox Divisa, Khora Miyabi, and a few Valkyr helmets.

https://imgur.com/7QNG0Rk couldnt figure out how to send screenshots here lol

Edited by Jeter1230

I'm just going to quote Wikipedia at this point :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catgirl

"Japanese philosopher Hiroki Azuma has stated that catgirl characteristics such as cat ears and feline speech patterns are examples of moe-elements. Azuma argued that although some otaku sexual expression involves catgirl imagery, few otaku have the sexual awareness to understand how such imagery can be perceived as perverted.[7][10] In a 2010 critique of the manga series Loveless, the feminist writer T. A. Noonan argued that, in Japanese culture, catgirl characteristics have a similar role to that of the Playboy Bunny in western culture, serving as a fetishization of youthful innocence.[11]"

Do whatever you want with this information.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

"Japanese philosopher Hiroki Azuma has stated that catgirl characteristics such as cat ears and feline speech patterns are examples of moe-elements. Azuma argued that although some otaku sexual expression involves catgirl imagery, few otaku have the sexual awareness to understand how such imagery can be perceived as perverted.[7][10] In a 2010 critique of the manga series Loveless, the feminist writer T. A. Noonan argued that, in Japanese culture, catgirl characteristics have a similar role to that of the Playboy Bunny in western culture, serving as a fetishization of youthful innocence.[11]"

Ok? It's still not inherently bad, and it's not like half the people complaining were like this when Ember's Heirloom came out or when everyone was going crazy over Wisp Prime.

Also, I have yet to see how that one person's claim is valid in any way, especially since there is nothing highlighted about him than the fact he's a writer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 3xt1inct said:

It was brought up by someone other than me for a first thing and then i reacted to that, because it described a crime. How am i the culprit of moving off topic in that one?

literacy is about text, writing skills, reading skills and implied nuance. And to be honest you missed the mark here by not reading into the context of the original post you reacted to.

and no there is at least 2 other people arguing for the same thing i am, there are cosmetics in warframe that do not fit the current artstyle at all, including the bunny ears and the non existant cat ears.

And what exactly is the theme of Warframe?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Prexades said:

Your well thought out argument absolutely convinced me. I am now completely changing my position. Why even stop at cat ears. Bunny ears.. oh we already got that.

We need special skins for Necramechs too. No, not just cat ears. We need lego toy car skins for them. Also crossover, we absolutely need that. Spiderman skins for frames. Also special effects that change all the blood and gore to rainbows and smilies.

You don't even have an argument past "I don't like it when others do things that aren't what I would do."  Boohoo.

And actually, an edit.  I'll go ahead and give the response you were going to give anyway:  blah blah art style, blah blah theme, blah blah doesn't fit.

The entire concept of "It doesn't fit the theme of the game I signed up for" is hollow.  First off, there's all sorts of things in this game that "don't fit".  The New War trailer had literally nothing to do with the quest.  It was window dressing.  Like cat ears.  More importantly though, there is no singular theme.  It's all supposed to be dark and gritty and grim according to a bunch of you.  

We can collect stuffed animals.  There's a huge variety of stuffed animals in the game.  Duviri is a literal children's book.  Right down to the pastel colors and hamfisted morals.  I've been able to color a frame hot pink since I started playing in 2017.  Yareli is an anime hugpillow that fell into the infested vat they dipped people in.  Bubbles and heart hands and hugging her living infested skateboard.  The game is full of grim and dark and gritty, but there is and pretty much always has been a lot of absurdity and weird little patches of cuteness and whimsy.  We're about to have an infested boy band.  "muh themes."  Y'all aren't in charge of the themes.  At this point, I don't think anyone is.  

And it IS a well thought out point.  There is tons of historical real life precedent for mercenaries dressing flamboyantly (landsknecht), and soldiers in professional armies doing goofy, "unprofessional" things to their uniforms (just cruise through some pics from the Vietnam war.) and there's plenty of precedent for this in other media as well.  Other tenno are not beholden to your idea of "theme" or what looks correct.  You join a pub mission and in-universe the people that show up to fight with you might be lunatics dressed weird as hell.  It's no different in-game.  

And when you're being a distraction for a lone tenno operative, what's more distracting?  A stoic, "professional" frame in muted colors and sensible shoes, or a hot pink Ember Heirloom in 6" heels and bunny ears?  Both are in the game.  You have the option to be mad.

Edited by MrDugan
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Posts above yours seems to indicate the presence of 'cat physiology elements' already present in this game. How do you feel about this fact and will you make this forum topic also go for 50+ pages?

12 hours ago, Prexades said:

Your well thought out argument absolutely convinced me. I am now completely changing my position. Why even stop at cat ears. Bunny ears.. oh we already got that.

We need special skins for Necramechs too. No, not just cat ears. We need lego toy car skins for them. Also crossover, we absolutely need that. Spiderman skins for frames. Also special effects that change all the blood and gore to rainbows and smilies.

You mean like snake glyph that's necramech exclusive? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dwqrf said:

I'm not fooled like the rest into thinking you have even avg. clue as to what is going on. Did you not follow a cat in the latest quest in Warframe called Lotus Eaters? Yet, you falsely claim that cats are not in line with Warframe's theme. I know you're not interested to confront the reality, otherwise you wouldn't jumping from topic to topic in just about every forum post there is. So how many pages for this post are you aiming for?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Karyst said:

And what exactly is the theme of Warframe?

I'm honestly getting mad at you not reading the full thread, this was already mentioned on the first/second page.

Just now, Jeter1230 said:

I genuinely could not have predicted this forums post would cause this much hate, over something as microscopic as cat ears

its  not hate tbh, they just don't fit the game currently and a few of us rather not have them as a global cosmetic, you are invited to get creative with existing items, like the screenshot you shared.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeter1230 said:

I genuinely could not have predicted this forums post would cause this much hate, over something as microscopic as cat ears

You should have seen it when they showed off the wing ephemera.  These people get BIG MAD over other people's fashion choices.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Karyst said:

I'm not fooled like the rest into thinking you have even avg. clue as to what is going on. Did you not follow a cat in the latest quest in Warframe called Lotus Eaters? Yet, you falsely claim that cats are not in line with Warframe's theme. I know you're not interested to confront the reality, otherwise you wouldn't jumping from topic to topic in just about every forum post there is. So how many pages for this post are you aiming for?

in some cases people like to voice their opnionions, in other threads we clear up misunderstandings or correct misinformation.

• Like 1

vor 20 Minuten schrieb MrDugan:

You don't even have an argument past "I don't like it when others do things that aren't what I would do."  Boohoo.

And actually, an edit.  I'll go ahead and give the response you were going to give anyway:  blah blah art style, blah blah theme, blah blah doesn't fit.

The entire concept of "It doesn't fit the theme of the game I signed up for" is hollow.  First off, there's all sorts of things in this game that don't fit.  The New War trailer had literally nothing to do with the quest.  It was window dressing.  More importantly though, there is no singular theme.  It's all supposed to be dark and gritty and grim according to a bunch of you.  

We can collect stuffed animals.  There's a huge variety of stuffed animals in the game.  Duviri is a literal children's book.  Right down to the pastel colors and hamfisted morals.  I've been able to color a frame hot pink since I started playing in 2017.  Yareli is an anime hugpillow that fell into the infested vat they dipped people in.  Bubbles and heart hands and hugging her living infested skateboard.  The game is full of grim and dark and gritty, but there is and pretty much always has been a lot of absurdity and weird little patches of cuteness and whimsy.  We're about to have an infested boy band.  "muh themes."  Y'all aren't in charge of the themes.  At this point, I don't think anyone is.  

And it IS a well thought out point.  There is tons of historical real life precedent for mercenaries dressing flamboyantly (landsknecht), and soldiers in professional armies doing goofy, "unprofessional" things to their uniforms (just cruise through some pics from the Vietnam war.) and there's plenty of precedent for this in other media as well.  Other tenno are not beholden to you're idea of "theme" or what looks correct.  You join a pub mission and in-universe the people that show up to fight with you might be lunatics dressed weird as hell.  It's no different in-game.  

And when you're being a distraction for a lone tenno operative, what's more distracting?  A stoic, "professional" frame in muted colors and sensible shoes, or a hot pink Ember Heirloom in 6" heels and bunny ears?  Both are in the game.  You have the option to be mad.

Actually you don't have an argument either, past 'I want it and its cute'. Trying to justify your fetish with frames like Yareli is telling that much. Tastes are different and what you consider cute, makes me want to vomit. There is only so much of this stuff I am willing to tolerate and I know full well it won't stop at cat ear fetishes. Not long after it will be the next small thing. Even more gross than before and that will have people like you justify it in the same way. We have permanent bunny ears, tail-ephemera, cat ears so it is fine.

Always the same with fetishists. First invading a space and when they get their will once they demand more and than attempt to push out those who have been there before.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Karyst said:

Posts above yours seems to indicate the presence of 'cat physiology elements' already present in this game. How do you feel about this fact and will you make this forum topic also go for 50+ pages?

You mean like snake glyph that's necramech exclusive? 

your whole argument was based on "cat physiology elements" already existing, so what are you arguing now? that there aren't any yet?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Prexades said:

Actually you don't have an argument either, past 'I want it and its cute'. Trying to justify your fetish with frames like Yareli is telling that much. Tastes are different and what you consider cute, makes me want to vomit. There is only so much of this stuff I am willing to tolerate and I know full well it won't stop at cat ear fetishes. Not long after it will be the next small thing. Even more gross than before and that will have people like you justify it in the same way. We have permanent bunny ears, tail-ephemera, cat ears so it is fine.

Always the same with fetishists. First invading a space and when they get their will once they demand more and than attempt to push out those who have been there before.

There is no fetish lmao.  You're projecting.  And I already gave you the argument.  Individuals, in-universe and in-game would express themselves how they choose.  The only hang up here is the fact that you think you should get to decide how people do that.  That's some weird, controlling behavior, man.

• Like 4