The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Objective HP in "end game missions"

MaunoMat0

Time to fix this... Defense, hijack, mobile defense, excavation etc.

At 50+ level it's no longer about how well you shoot, how many you kill, it's about using a few select warframes to stop the enemy from doing any damage and hoping the enemy doesn't get a single shot away on the objective.

HP of objectives needs to be scaled in Kuva Lich, arbitration , steel path etc.

It's even worse when you need to defend an NPC and there's an environmental AOE, they just sit there and die over and over again with their 1000hp and all you do for 5-10 minutes is revive them.
Please fix ASAP, it's not adding anything to the experience.

12 minutes ago, MaunoMat0 said:

At 50+ level it's no longer about how well you shoot, how many you kill, it's about using a few select warframes to stop the enemy from doing any damage and hoping the enemy doesn't get a single shot away on the objective.

Did you mean to say "500+ level"? 

Arbitration is fine as long as you can kill semi-reasonably. Lich territory, I don't remember having that bad of a time... partly because I avoid those missions entirely since I don't want to have to deal with the Lich trying to destroy the defense objective. Otherwise, I haven't had issues on normal Defense missions in Steel Path, those scale fine. Excavation though, yeah you need some sort of Warframe with a barrier, and probably another player too since the excavators get obliterated when you're out of position for 5 seconds. No idea why they don't scale.

Edited by (NSW)MasterMewtwoIwantNeeko

On 2024-09-06 at 9:47 PM, Tiltskillet said:

Did you mean to say "500+ level"? 

No I really mean 50+, it kind of depends on what you do.

In Steelpath it's annoying as it's no longer about cryotic in Excavation but only to get one full dig out of it but when they one shot it, there's only so much you can do.
In mobile defense the target just randomly seems to explode due to low HP, regardless of what you use to defend it.
It's not impossible, it's just annoying, if they scaled it up then they could just add enemies/make them harder and not be limited by some BS HP limitation that it takes from non SP planet scale which it does now.

The defense objective when it's an NPC is just annoying to revive every 10 seconds if there's an environmental hazard but still doable as you have a revive timer but it really is a lazy solution to it all.

Edit: I've already done all excavations in SP, it's not a complaint specifically for them, it's for future players and making Kuva Lich/Tenet/Arbitrations more enjoyable.

Edited by MaunoMat0

1 hour ago, MaunoMat0 said:

No I really mean 50+, it kind of depends on what you do.

Yeah, I don't know.  My experience is that one shots--really what I'd call "near-one shots"-- don't normally happen until much, much later.  Like Excavators become a problem the second or third time around in SP Circuit.   Second time around is always fine for Defense, but the third time gets sketchy.   I can't remember what level range that is, but it's up there.

I regularly do Mobile Defense Incursions and Archon Hunts solo with Banshee, and light crowd control.  Basically just Silence's stun and some soft CC from radiation and cold.   Not nothing, but pretty minimalist.  More often than not with a weapon like Boltor or Twin Kohmak.  It's Banshee, so things die fast when I'm on the ball, but it's not like I'm nuking everything before it gets LoS  with the objectives.  I do see Terminal hp come down.  Sometimes fast if I've been lackadaisical, but not in huge chunks, and not so fast I don't have time to correct. 

Only time I see one shots on lower levels like you're talking about, radiation status has been involved, or seems likely to have been the culprit.