The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove this standing limit

Ylardara

1 hour ago, proevilz said:

Moving the cap literally solves the problem. 

With this implemented, you can now do as much or as little as you like - it's your choice to progress at whatever pace you want to.

But the pacing is the reason why it exists in the first place. You also create new problem as pointed out.

You will still choose, as you're limited by what you can buy in a day. The end result is still the same, except for progression - you're now not limited.

This addresses your price stability concern

No you literally will buy out whole stock. What about things like weapons and frames? Companions? You didnt think about those.

5% drop rate on universal and the rest coming from limited syndicate missions is hardly what I'd call unlimited.

And thus you have proven you dont have any idea what you are talking about. Isoplasts, voca, mother tokena, void plums, toroids, santient cores all are unlimited.

4 minutes ago, proevilz said:

But what specifically, does having a standing cap (emphasis on the cap) help in that regard for MR?

You have something to work towards, it gives incentive.

Edited by MrInubis

2 minutes ago, MrInubis said:

But the pacing is the reason why it exists in the first place. You also create new problem as pointed out.

I was solving the problem of the pricing - which it did. I've already addressed the whole pacing myth. There is no evidence people come back for it, as opposed to doing it just because its there, after coming back for other reasons.. like 'fun'. Clearly, you didn't read.

2 minutes ago, MrInubis said:

No you literally will buy out whole stock. What about things like weapons and frames? Companions? You didnt think about those.

How, when you're limited from doing so like I've mentioned multiple times? You think I didn't think, but you clearly didn't read.

3 minutes ago, MrInubis said:

And thus you have proven you dont have any idea what you are talking about. Isoplasts, voca, mother tokena, void plums, toroids, santient cores all are unlimited.

The poster was talking about medallions specifically. Thus, you clearly didn't read - again

Seems to be a pattern developing here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, proevilz said:

was solving the problem of the pricing - which it did. I've already addressed the whole pacing myth. There is no evidence people come back for it, as opposed to doing it just because its there, after coming back for other reasons.. like 'fun'. Clearly, you didn't read.

I did but that was total bs. People come back because they have to. What evidence you expect? Just load any bounty on public. You will see people playing them. You try to bend reality here. DE doesnt want you to finish new content day 1. People finish>people leave. I know hard concept to grasp.

How, when you're limited from doing so like I've mentioned multiple times? You think I didn't think, but you clearly didn't read.

You are limited by items in stock but you can buy every single one of them like in other shops.

The poster was talking about medallions specifically. Thus, you clearly didn't read - again

All of this are also medalions. All of those are also on standing limits.

Edited by MrInubis

Il y a 2 heures, proevilz a dit :

If you don't know you've got a cap on standing, in a thread about the standing cap, then I'd say your input is not of any help here. 

Perhaps play some more to learn about the cap. 

Il y a 1 heure, dwqrf a dit :

I said I don't know what you are proposing. You want to remove the standing cap and add another buying cap. Be specific. Give us numbers.

Still no numbers ?

il y a 10 minutes, proevilz a dit :

Those are implementation details... leave that to the devs, we are discussing concepts here.

So you want to remove standing cap but to have a 1 purchase, for each item, cap per day ?

39 minutes ago, proevilz said:

But what specifically, does having a standing cap (emphasis on the cap) help in that regard for MR?

It hinders your progess in allowing you to play/experiement with new toys quicker.  

I feel as though you've just proved my point, accidentally.

Literally going for "the glass is half empty - half full". Not once, was my view on going for high MR was pessimistic for Warframe, that is your narrative. 

39 minutes ago, proevilz said:

Also, from your team mate:

You know what's the difference between my anecdotal evidence and yours? Mine is in the context of responding to someone that clearly never once had an unbias consideration that there would be someone(s) that cares about the cap in respect to MR. Yours is in response of interpreting the reasons for the cap as being the reason why you, specifically, login and play the game for as long as you have. Remember what Tsukinoki typed? We are objectively explaining why it's there as a whole, yet you felt as if we're (mis)representing you. 

On 2024-09-12 at 11:15 AM, Tsukinoki said:

The point isn't that standing is the only reason you come back to the game but a reason to come back to the game.

• Like 1

I mean even if he had only old syndicates and Simaris in mind that proposal is just stupid. 1 SP Circuit run (for rank 10) and you end up with like half a milion standing not to mention things like eximus stronghold sorite survival when you can farm endlessly in milions. When it comes to Simaris there are vids on youtube of people getting 30k standing in less than 2 minutes. Like hell the prices and gains would stay. Not to mention it makes affinity boosters mandatory since now it just lets you hit the cap faster but without limits there is just more to gain.

Edited by MrInubis

I find it really funny that people keep saying, oh, people will grind in 1 day...oh people will speedrun things, oh, its more rewarding if you grind for days...why do people care what other people do???

why do people care if someone want to grind syndicate standing for 1 day and forget about it? and why do you care if someone wants to beat all content in one day and forget about the game??

AND FROM THE DEVS PERSPECTIVE IT IS OBVIOUS THEY WANT PLAYER RETENTION and fill some metric of the playerbase, how much people is playing and how many hours...because the more the people is playing your game, the more chances they spend money in it...specially if you make things grindy

from the players perspective there isnt any reason to put limits in standing, it wont improve the experience or make it more fun...its just an arbitrary way to delay what the player wants.

players should have the freedom to approach and do whatever they want in a video game

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nomellamoasd said:

I find it really funny that people keep saying, oh, people will grind in 1 day...oh people will speedrun things, oh, its more rewarding if you grind for days...why do people care what other people do???

why do people care if someone want to grind syndicate standing for 1 day and forget about it? and why do you care if someone wants to beat all content in one day and forget about the game??

Ah yes, we went from: "People will not speedrun things if the caps are removed" to "Why do you care if they speedrun".

Excelent. Next in line "It is illegal not to speedrun things."

This is a multiplayer game, if content has no reason to be played, it is dead and so is the multiplayer part of it.

11 minutes ago, nomellamoasd said:

players should have the freedom to approach and do whatever they want in a video game

And you have. You can choose to play this game with its limitations or not.

• Like 1

hace 1 hora, Zakkhar dijo:

Ah yes, we went from: "People will not speedrun things if the caps are removed" to "Why do you care if they speedrun".

Excelent. Next in line "It is illegal not to speedrun things."

This is a multiplayer game, if content has no reason to be played, it is dead and so is the multiplayer part of it.

And you have. You can choose to play this game with its limitations or not.

minding what other people do and how do things in video games would be more appropiate for a competitive game...which in this case is not...and if a game dies its because its bad...not because reasons or no reasons for doing content...and yeah I know I can open my mouth wide open as I throw money to the game to "skip limitations" which again, said limitations dont improve the player experience at all

• Like 2