The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uranus Defense: Please remove the map with switching targets

HasagiReportJngl

6 minutes ago, HasagiReportJngl said:

In the regular missions, it's just nothing more that a time-eater.

It only is so because people have no idea how to play Defense and this map shows it so evidently.

The Corpus Ship map with 4 levels, bunch of stairs and Elevator in the middle is far worse (still cheesable iff you understand how Defence works).

il y a 4 minutes, HasagiReportJngl a dit :

a time-eater.

All defenses have the same problem. Speed Nova feels important in the Meta, so I Equinox Speed spread or huge AoE. The static defense in Uranus is luckily one of the few defense map that's quite small and straight forward (for enemies from spawn to exposure or to the point).

We could argue that every defense should be in 3 or 4 rounds instead of 5, and to reduce the enemy spawn or to make them spawn all at one time, or to increase their move speed out of combat, or... You know ?

But removing content ? Meh.

23 минуты назад, dwqrf сказал:

All defenses have the same problem.

Not really tbh. Many of maps (Grineer Shipyard, Grineer Galleon and Infested Corpus ship especially) can be played less than 5 waves/5 mins on the average, which makes these maps more profitable than Survival. Uranus switching one requires much more time (5 waves/6.5-7 mins in a good case).

Edited by HasagiReportJngl

2 минуты назад, Zakkhar сказал:

What if you need a drop from this map? Like Ash?

Thank the Void there's Duviri Circuit exists.

2 минуты назад, Zakkhar сказал:

What if it is a sortie/alert map?

Even in that case, it makes to think twice before going.

Anyways, you know there's nothing another to expect.

Edited by HasagiReportJngl

I avoid that map when I want to do Defense fast, but I still enjoy getting  the mobile version for a change of pace.    I also feel like I get squads that are more likely to be fun there, and fewer of the 1-2 nukes and 1-2 leeches that are so often sleepwalking in Defense.  If there's anything to that feeling, I'd guess it's mostly newer players who don't know any better, plus some older players who just aren't as weary of the game.

The one thing I do wish for it is better spawning/pathing.  But that's something I feel is needed for Defense in general, not just this map. 

As a side-note, I've sometimes--though not seriously--wished the static version  didn't exist.  It doesn't spawn syndicate medallions at all, while the mobile version always gets 8.  

edit:  Actually a couple of possible improvements to this specific map come to mind. 

• Tighten up the window on spawns so that each wave can be finished a little faster (in theory) than other maps.
  • Maybe take the randomness out of the objective rotation.  So once people learn it, they can eek some efficiency out of the pattern if they want.

Edited by Tiltskillet