The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Warframe ever have a truly alien faction?

Drollive94

11 hours ago, ominumi said:

There's alien life that's not Earth base. Go look at Mars for those sand swimmers. Then there's Uranus aqua life.

Those are all probably Orokin creations, so originating from "Earth", much like the wildlife in Orb Vallis. Placed on those planets for one reason or another. Sand Skates are probably just biological defense organisms, fancy watch dogs instead of basic mines to stop intruders. Because it isnt unknow that the Orokin loved to experiment with different biology, I mean, we do have living towers with fleshy parts that people eat.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Those are all probably Orokin creations, so originating from "Earth", much like the wildlife in Orb Vallis. Placed on those planets for one reason or another. Sand Skates are probably just biological defense organisms, fancy watch dogs instead of basic mines to stop intruders. Because it isnt unknow that the Orokin loved to experiment with different biology, I mean, we do have living towers with fleshy parts that people eat.

Let's... not go there. There's little evidence most of the creature in warframe are orikin creations introduced into that specific environment.

3 hours ago, ominumi said:

Let's... not go there. There's little evidence most of the creature in warframe are orikin creations introduced into that specific environment.

The Orokin are the very reason planets like Venus can support life...

Edit: From The Business himself: "I never thought, in all my wildest imaginings, I would behold a subspecies crafted in the gene forges of the Orokin themselves. But here it is. The Red-Crested Virmink. A miracle."

Edited by Alguien
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Alguien said:

The Orokin are the very reason planets like Venus can support life...

Edit: From The Business himself: "I never thought, in all my wildest imaginings, I would behold a subspecies crafted in the gene forges of the Orokin themselves. But here it is. The Red-Crested Virmink. A miracle."

Yes I'm aware there's a lot of creatures engineered by the Orikin hence why those creatures appearances are base on Earth biomes.

I have ideas for aliens its a mix of mass effect reapers, dremoras, protoss and add some infested in there to add some flavor. You put them all into a blender. Press blend button and there you go. 

"Edgy Interdimentional planar gothic energy galaxy destroyers"

Edited by (PSN)Cephalon_Scarlet
Details

the Murmur are not human or man made, they fit the bill, just with a different flavouring: instead of your typical sci-fi aliens, it's cosmic horror abominations, which IMO is great, the Murmur have been a refreshing change from shooting oddly humanoid armor clad tyrannical alien race #85639475403 in other games.

interestingly enough though, the description for the Frakta Shoulder Guards from the Glassmaker Nightwave mentions they were made by a non human intelligence. which could discount Cephalons as well since they were also once human. 

the truth is out there...

A traditional alien faction would be sort of funny. Every other faction could discriminate and dunk on them specially since even the man in the wall never once makes a reference to alien lifeforms. Every other faction is gonna say WHO??

Personally I hope we never have an alien faction unrelated to humans. Every single faction of the game can be traced down to a human error and I love that. The Orokin born from the arrogance and ego of humans in the search for power, the sentients born from the desperation and ego of humans to conquer a system that was never theirs, the syndicates born from the stubbornness of humans to reflect on themselves instead of blaming others, Corpus/Grineer born from the inequalities and extremists left after the war, infestation born from the blind confidence and hunger for control in humans, and so on. Even the Murmur (closest thing to an alien faction) could be linked back to Albrecht's own flaws as a character. If DE does an alien faction, I would really want it to maintain this theme instead of pulling some species out of nowhere.

Spoiler

Necron moment when the aliens banned by the Orokin come back for Nihil's jar

Edited by Palkiry
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, ominumi said:

From the Business we can assume most of the creatures are indeed creations. On Earth is might be simple evolution, but likely engineered aswell in order to try and revitalize Earth to be inhabitable again. And it isnt like the Orokin shy from bio-experiments or avoid weaponizing them.

edit: You also have to remember that all the planets we visit have been terraformed, so the creatures must be of a type that also lives in the same conditions.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

From the Business we can assume most of the creatures are indeed creations. On Earth is might be simple evolution, but likely engineered aswell in order to try and revitalize Earth to be inhabitable again. And it isnt like the Orokin shy from bio-experiments or avoid weaponizing them.

edit: You also have to remember that all the planets we visit have been terraformed, so the creatures must be of a type that also lives in the same conditions.

IIRC wasn't earth an blasted hellscape generally until The whole Silver Grove + Titania turned it into an abundant forest/plains again? I may be misremembering the lore from that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dr_Mechano said:

IIRC wasn't earth an blasted hellscape generally until The whole Silver Grove + Titania turned it into an abundant forest/plains again? I may be misremembering the lore from that.

Pretty much yeah, aside from certain places like PoE and so on that survived the pollution and whatever else happened on Earth. Silvana is working on revitalizing Earth as she is called on to work with Margulis. And then she uses what she learns from the tenno rehab project, brings it back to Earth and tries to transfer herself into the now infested Earth to kick start some grownth process. Which works with the side effect of her getting transference stuck in the grove.

The wildlife and so on are likely far earlier changes to Earth, done as attempts to keep it alive. But Earth did eventually mostly die. The plains was locked off by barriers iirc, then Cetus was further protected by the Unum tower shield.

• Like 2