The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo, let us shoot trough the rift

VasjaTheOx

Been saying it for years, make Riftbound enemies easier to distinguish,  allow Limbo to be immune to nullies while in the Rift, allow allies to shoot Riftbound enemies, and rework tf out of Cataclysm. 

These four changes alone would drastically improve him

P.S. take the portal for allies away from his passive ffs

Edited by zThulsaDoomz
  • Like 5

As a formal Limbo enjoyer, playing Limbo with random squads is hard unless you do nothing. You ask 100 people what DE should do with limbo and its a three-way tie between nothing, banning him off public, and buffing him so people can play everything solo. I really don't see why the best idea for a rework people have is taking away the rift. What's the point of the rift if your squad can reap all the benefits without the complexity or even game challenge? At that point they should just make limbo be the rift, pause time for the enemies and give them status effect with one button. Limbo needs work as well as a LOT of quality of life but I don't see why he should be limited in the name of other frames. A lot of the problems people have with Limbo is that he affects the pace for the team and a bad Limbo doesn't how to set a good pace. Visual clarity is the one thing every Limbo player can give their soul to DE for. Make enemies in the rift glow or semi-fade away and give player a rift interface like the Cambion drift does when you approach the sun-moon pieces (I don't know their name). 

DO IT AND MY LIFE IS YOURS DE

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrInubis said:

So you want to make everyone immortal and give them energy regen without any downsides. Yea, not gonna happen.

no we concluded on page 1 that that would be to op.

so just limiting the rift shooting effect only the enemies should be enough.

Le 17/09/2024 à 10:44, Zakkhar a dit :

You can, if the shooting is done with ability (eg. Mesa 4).

This is true : most abilities work through the Rift, but the main problem is that a lot of players ignore that we can shoot enemies outside Cataclysm very easily by just using Limbo's 3rd. Improving Rift Surge would be very nice, by the way, to make it put enemies that are outside Cataclysm into the Rift more easily.

Well, I'm assuming the OP is talking about Cataclysm because of the camparison between the Rift and Frost's Ice Globe, but if the OP is talking about Riftbound enemies in general, only warframe abilities will work. The problem is that not every warframe has damage abilities. Harrow has no ability dealing damage. I think that, to fix this, enemies that are CCed by any warframe abilities should be taken outside the Rift. This could perhaps solve most of the problems and would bring a nice synergy with Limbo's 3rd.

Edited by AegidiusF
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AegidiusF said:

This is true : most abilities work through the Rift, but the main problem is that a lot of players ignore that we can shoot enemies outside Cataclysm very easily by just using Limbo's 3rd. Improving Rift Surge would be very nice, by the way, to make it put enemies outside Cataclysm in the Rift more easily.

Well, I'm assuming the OP is talking about Cataclysm because of the camparison between the Rift and Frost's Ice Globe, but if the OP is talking about Riftbounded enemies in general, only warframe abilities will work. The problem is that not every warframe has damage abilities. Harrow has no ability dealing damage. I think that, to fix this, enemies that are CCed by any warframe abilities should be taken outside the Rift. This could perhaps solve most of the problems and would bring a nice synergy with Limbo's 3rd.

yes, i think every RIFT ability from Limbo, should only affect the enemies.

so all banished enemies get damaged if we are shooting them from the cataclysm, rift, or normaly.

meanwhile when they are on the opposite side of the rift, they can not shoot you.

2 hours ago, VasjaTheOx said:

But he can banish teammates, he can throw cataclysm with team outside of it etc. His rift is a problem and he needs rework. He is either op or useless, there is nothing in between.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MrInubis said:

But he can banish teammates, he can throw cataclysm with team outside of it etc. His rift is a problem and he needs rework. He is either op or useless, there is nothing in between.

yes, but the team can still damage the enemies when eather of them or both are inside the rift/Cataclysm.

But the team mates who are in the rift also get 10 energy per collective kill.

so teamates can kill the enemies that are inside the rift, but that team mate wont get 10energy per kill if he or she is not in the rift 

on the other hand, if the enemie is on the other side of the rift, it can not damage anyone in Limbos team, unless that team individual is also on the same side of the rift as the enemie.

What i just wrote is intended as a suggestion for a soft buff, currently it does not work like that.

Edited by VasjaTheOx

2 hours ago, VasjaTheOx said:

yes, but the team can still damage the enemies when eather of them or both are inside the rift/Cataclysm.

But the team mates who are in the rift also get 10 energy per collective kill.

so teamates can kill the enemies that are inside the rift, but that team mate wont get 10energy per kill if he or she is not in the rift 

on the other hand, if the enemie is on the other side of the rift, it can not damage anyone in Limbos team, unless that team individual is also on the same side of the rift as the enemie.

What i just wrote is intended as a suggestion for a soft buff, currently it does not work like that.

But that makes whole team immortal since enemies cant fight back and you can shoot them. Enemies in rift cant attack players outside of it and viceverse so by allowing players to harm enemies while not letting enemies do the same will just break the game. Your soft buff makes every frame a stronger Revenant.

Edited by MrInubis
  • Like 1

Another Limbo topic rises, thus I am summoned. 

Limbo has too many contradictions in his kit, I'm fine with eximus ignoring the CC, but if they can damage me through the rift, at least let me pop their overguard through the rift. No other frame suffers as bad as he does from this. 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

Personally, I've got no problems with Limbo's kit, just his passive.

I dodge roll often.

Being...subconsciously tossed in and out of the rift so often is annoying.

Agreed, I also hope they remove the portal he leaves. Bad for my teammates and myself considering I'm constantly rolling with him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrInubis said:

But that makes whole team immortal since enemies cant fight back and you can shoot them. Enemies in rift cant attack players outside of it and viceverse so by allowing players to harm enemies while not letting enemies do the same will just break the game. Your soft buff makes every frame a stronger Revenant.

Not in the state Limbo is now, right now even in the rift Limbo gets downed realy fast, Eximus unites are not fased by the Rift.

his Rift is more of a CC ability, so no, him and his team would be far off from OP.

8 hours ago, VasjaTheOx said:

You know what? This isn’t op and I’m tired of acting like it is. Dante can do what limbo does for survivability without the clunkyness.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aruquae said:

Limbo has too many contradictions in his kit, I'm fine with eximus ignoring the CC, but if they can damage me through the rift, at least let me pop their overguard through the rift. No other frame suffers as bad as he does from this. 

Agreed, I also hope they remove the portal he leaves. Bad for my teammates and myself considering I'm constantly rolling with him.

I should add that enemies can also enter the rift through the portal involuntarily and confuse you. This makes fighting larger enemies who you need to dodge around regularly frustrating for you and your team

• Like 1

What if his dodge roll mechanic was a sort of cataclysm that constantly followed him around that you could see, sort of like an enemy corpus nullifier but limbo version?

Each time you step on stuff or get hit by eximus the cataclysm grows smaller. Enemies killed with stasis grows the bubble back to its original size.

Then his actual 4th ability could be replaced with void storm beams that functions like jade light lasers that hover over the enemies until they are dead.

Edited by (PSN)Cephalon_Scarlet
Details

39 minutes ago, I7081277 said:

I should add that enemies can also enter the rift through the portal involuntarily and confuse you. This makes fighting larger enemies who you need to dodge around regularly frustrating for you and your team

I- never knew this

God this makes so much sense when i'm chilling in the rift with none of my abilities active and just.... get shot at by some dude also in the rift.

• Like 1

On 2024-09-17 at 4:05 AM, VasjaTheOx said:

hello DE,

there is no need to rework Limbo, just let us and the team shoot the enemies through the rift like Frost Globe.

the rift should only affect the enemies.

also make Limbo imune to ALL kinds of damage when alone in the rift, even toxic infested.

But a Limbo rework would be easy:

Limbo can banish enemies while in the rift.

Now Limbo doesn't require sitting in a bubble to play.

(ok but seriously, the easiest way to build Limbo rn in a "faster paced" playstyle is... build for ability casting speed and dodge speed, and then use Banish while popping in and out of the rift, and maybe use his 4 if you have the casting speed turned up high enough to not feel sluggish).

3 hours ago, Aruquae said:

Subsuming Silence helps, if it wasn't for the fact it's probably not the best ability for his kit, but at least the short cc helps when popping out of rift to banish enemies or when stasis runs out suddenly.

22 minutes ago, Lord_Chibi said:

But a Limbo rework would be easy:

Limbo can banish enemies while in the rift.

Now Limbo doesn't require sitting in a bubble to play.

(ok but seriously, the easiest way to build Limbo rn in a "faster paced" playstyle is... build for ability casting speed and dodge speed, and then use Banish while popping in and out of the rift, and maybe use his 4 if you have the casting speed turned up high enough to not feel sluggish).

Subsuming Silence helps, if it wasn't for the fact it's probably not the best ability for his kit, but at least the short cc helps when popping out of rift to banish enemies or when stasis runs out suddenly.

I know that works, but putting on the equivalent of a band aid just to achieve something he used to do just feels... bad.

I did subsume breach surge for the outside of the rift DPS, along with CC. Also have one with Loki's decoy which is stupid but fun.

21 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

I know that works, but putting on the equivalent of a band aid just to achieve something he used to do just feels... bad.

I did subsume breach surge for the outside of the rift DPS, along with CC. Also have one with Loki's decoy which is stupid but fun.

I miss when the blind affected Eximus. Breach surge before basically fixed the problems caused by eximus on limbo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord_Chibi said:

I miss when the blind affected Eximus. Breach surge before basically fixed the problems caused by eximus on limbo

Agreed, tbf though it's at least consistent. Made no sense that it ignored CC. All or nothing to quote a character

10 hours ago, VasjaTheOx said:

Not in the state Limbo is now, right now even in the rift Limbo gets downed realy fast, Eximus unites are not fased by the Rift.

his Rift is more of a CC ability, so no, him and his team would be far off from OP.

Because you cant shoot them while in the Rift. Also only their abilities work on you. With your change we go back to being untouchable since you will be able to pop the overguard. There is 0 counterplay to his kit besides nulifiers. His brand of CC is just to strong. He needs a rework, not slight change.

Just let us do objectives through the rift and other states like cloud walker.

I know you have the tech.

Murmur eyes should be the golden standard when it comes to objective interactions period. you can collect them regardless of state, I don't see why we can't pick them up in Rift mode.

When it comes to boss mechanics I'd ideally like that be streamlined in some fashion as well maybe into ability nullifying ones and ones that respect ability states, namely Jackal being put into the second category while 60 Eyes boss nulifier attack is an example of the first type.

It doesn't make sense why every other ability acts fine against Jackal's lasers with their invulnerability state yet it blasts right through the rift. So I don't personally care if they fix the allied shooting through rift part or not since we already have an inconsistency for that.

Edited by Numerounius

23 hours ago, Aruquae said:

what do you mean by "but if they can damage me through the rift"?

On 2024-09-18 at 5:52 AM, VasjaTheOx said:

yes, i think every RIFT ability from Limbo, should only affect the enemies.

congrats, now you've made him even more annoying coz now no1 can hit enemies inside cata unless they use skills.

3 hours ago, Sephylon086918 said:

Eximus abilities. I argue they're targeted towards Limbo by breaching his only safety. It's not like eximus abilities ignore damage reduction and overguard to screw other frames. Just Limbo

• Like 1

On 2024-09-19 at 3:58 PM, Sephylon086918 said:

congrats, now you've made him even more annoying coz now no1 can hit enemies inside cata unless they use skills.

No, The team can shoot the enemies even from outside the rift.

THe enemies cant shoot cross planes, ergo it only affects them.